From the new book about President Trump and his posse....

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: From the new book about President Trump and his posse....

Post by Teetime on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:26 pm

Head Skin wrote:I'm constantly amazed at how many people intimately know Donald Trump.

Only those who can read.....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:49 pm

ramblinman wrote:If people can't figure out his core beliefs from that, then they aren't paying attention.

More likely, those people are just willfully ignorant.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Ultimately, if no legislation is passed by Congress, does it really matter if the President is racist?

Bear with me- there were many who alleged Obama was racist. †However, no legislation was actively passed to prove that. †If no laws are changed, or no discrimination is actively pursued, does it really ultimately matter if he doesn't like "brown people" or if Obama didn't like "white people"?

I think one thing that the media and people forget, especially when a R is in the office, is that the President really doesn't have a lot to do with actual legislation or how much of DC runs.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm

Of course it matters. The Presidentís beliefs set the tone for all sorts of horrible federal policies.

Just look at how Obama's DOJ interpreted Title IX as a glaring example of this phenomena.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:37 pm

Name a Republican President who wasnít simultaneously called an evil mastermind and a bumbling mentally ill child. Plus a Nazi.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Head Skin wrote:I think one thing that the media and people forget, especially when a R is in the office, is that the President really doesn't have a lot to do with actual legislation or how much of DC runs.

Who needs legislation when a president can create federal policy through executive orders?
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:54 pm

19delta wrote:Of course it matters. The Presidentís beliefs set the tone for all sorts of horrible federal policies.

Just look at how Obama's DOJ interpreted Title IX as a glaring example of this phenomena.
IIRC there was a lot of instruction from Obama himself on how the DOJ operated during his administration.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:55 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Skin wrote:I think one thing that the media and people forget, especially when a R is in the office, is that the President really doesn't have a lot to do with actual legislation or how much of DC runs.

Who needs legislation when a president can create federal policy through executive orders?
True, but outside the travel ban, is there any executive order that you could remotely argue is racist?
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:05 pm

Head Skin wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

True, but outside the travel ban, is there any executive order that you could remotely argue is racist?

Other than the build the wall order and the order related to withdrawing federal funding from sanctuary cities, I can't think of any. Remember, you said "remotely argue."
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:08 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Other than the build the wall order and the order related to withdrawing federal funding from sanctuary cities, I can't think of any. †Remember, you said "remotely argue."
I think calling those racist are a bit of a stretch. Enforcing federal law is racist?
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:11 pm

ramblinman wrote:

Yep!

19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:12 pm

Head Skin wrote:
19delta wrote:Of course it matters. The Presidentís beliefs set the tone for all sorts of horrible federal policies.

IIRC there was a lot of instruction from Obama himself on how the DOJ operated during his administration.

Yes. That is the point!
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:16 pm

Head Skin wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Other than the build the wall order and the order related to withdrawing federal funding from sanctuary cities, I can't think of any. †Remember, you said "remotely argue."
I think calling those racist are a bit of a stretch. †Enforcing federal law is racist?

There is a loooooooong history in the US of using government authority to enforce racism.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Head Skin wrote:Enforcing federal law is racist?

Building a wall to keep out Mexicans, while suggesting that more Norwegian immigrants would be welcome, is not?

Also, let's not get too far off topic and into the area of selective enforcement of federal law. What laws are enforced, what aren't, etc.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:59 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Skin wrote:Enforcing federal law is racist?

Building a wall to keep out Mexicans, while suggesting that more Norwegian immigrants would be welcome, is not?

Is Chuck Schumer a racist? Here's his bill:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/senate-bill/744

As far as the Norwegian comment, when you include the context that Trump had just spent 6 hours with the Norwegian PM, it makes sense that he'd tag Norway as a successful country later that day...

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:01 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

I think calling those racist are a bit of a stretch. †Enforcing federal law is racist?

There is a loooooooong history in the US of using government authority to enforce racism.
Weíve also never had 15 million plus people come across a border illegally.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Head Skin wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Weíve also never had 15 million plus people come across a border illegally.

So you are agreeing that Donald Trump is a racist but it is OK because of all the illegal immigrants?

19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:20 pm

I donít think building a wall is racist, nor is enforcing immigration laws.

I also donít think building a wall will actually keep anyone out. Itís supposed to be illegal to buy heroin too.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:56 pm

What about those damn Canadians and all their hockey talk?

Why are we only walling off the brown people to the south?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:14 pm

Teetime wrote:What about those damn Canadians and all their hockey talk?

Plenty of Canadians in my 'hood.. In fact, they have some of the nicer cabins here. And yet, they all stay their 180 days per year, then go home.....nice and legal....

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:31 pm

Teetime wrote:What about those damn Canadians and all their hockey talk?

Why are we only walling off the brown people to the south?
I'm perfectly fine with sending Michael Jackson Fox's ass back to Canuckland
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:47 am

Head Skin wrote:I also donít think building a wall will actually keep anyone out.

So we should just spend 25 billion dollars in order to keep a campaign promise that the President assured us would only cost 8 billion while he was running?

And it wonít work?

Thatís an awful lot of roads and bridges.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:11 am

Head Skin wrote:I donít think building a wall is racist, nor is enforcing immigration laws.

I also donít think building a wall will actually keep anyone out. †Itís supposed to be illegal to buy heroin too.

Immigration laws ARE racist, both historically and practically. The United States government did not begin to regulate immigration until large numbers of the "wrong sorts" of people began coming here (specifically immigrants from southern and eastern Europe and from Asia). The current anti-immigration sentiment in this country is fueled by that same racism.

19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:27 pm

19delta wrote:Immigration laws ARE racist, both historically and practically.

So then, as a practical matter, you believe immigration should be based on what skills, attributes or education the immigrant brings, not on race or history...

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:40 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
19delta wrote:Immigration laws ARE racist, both historically and practically.

So then, as a practical matter, you believe immigration should be based on what skills, attributes or education the immigrant brings, not on race or history...

All people have a God-given right to pursue life, liberty, and property. If the accident of birth results in someone being born in a place where achieving those ends is impossible, those people should be celebrated for moving to a place where their natural rights can be fully enjoyed. Even if that means crossing some imaginary line on the ground.

That's the basic principle upon which this country was founded.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next