From the new book about President Trump and his posse....

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: From the new book about President Trump and his posse....

Post by Teetime on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:46 am

BirdWatcher wrote:"Who will pick our produce?" the Left says... well, who picked the cotton after 1865?....  if the produce rots in the field, then the price goes up.  People don't like $10 tomatoes due to a shortage, then the wages for picking the produce go up.    At some point, the wages for AMERICANS will satisfy the demand for American labor to pick crops.

I don't understand how the Left advocates for $15 minimum wage, yet fights to keep illegal Mexicans picking crops for sub-minimum wage.... how inhumane.

It’s not the left that lobbies for cheap labor, It’s the Chamber of Commerce and the Manufacturers Association. The left does fight for higher minimum wages for everyone...including crop pickers.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:05 am

BirdWatcher wrote:

"Who will pick our produce?" the Left says... well, who picked the cotton after 1865?....

Pretty awful example. I don't think you really want to go there...
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:40 pm

An aide comes into the Oval Office and says to President Trump: "Sir, three Brazilian solders were killed in Afghanistan last night." Trump looks absolutely devastated, nobody's ever seen him like this. He sinks back in his chair, saying OMG over and over. He clearly is troubled.

Then he composes himself and says: "Okay. Just remind me, how many million are there in a brazillion?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Except that part where he says he's a "conservative" Republican....
https://www.heritageactionscorecard.com/members#
8th from the bottom on the Senate conservative scale, only 5 spots from Bernie.....

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:54 pm

I think these ratings issued by conservative and liberal think tanks and lobbying groups are part of the problem.

The dopes we elect are afraid to vote their consciences out of fear that the ratings drop will affect their next election.

If republicans aren't in the 85% range of the NRA ratings or democrats fall below 85% with the AFL-CIO they will vote to protect their ratings and get back in the good graces of their true contstituency.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:41 am

Headline from CNN today-
Did Trump just start a trade war with China?
Haven't we been in a trade war with China for about 20 years and been getting our asses handed to us?
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Head Skin wrote:Headline from CNN today

Stopped reading just ^^^ about there ...

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:30 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:Option A: El Salvador isn’t a “shithole” so they don’t need 20 years of Temporary Protected Status, and the Salvadorans should be sent home immediately
Option B: El Salvador is, in fact, a “shithole.”

For the past ten years, I have spent between five and eight days a year in El Salvador.  Although I haven't been all over the country, I have spent substantial time in two of its three largest cities and in a couple of coastal locations. The parts of the countryside I have seen are beautiful. The people I have met there are among the finest people I know.

Are parts of it shitty?  Sure.  Razor wire abounds. The hotels I stay in have shotgun-toting private security guards standing at the entrance. You also see them guarding banks, shopping malls, gas stations and most major fast food restaurants. You see them in the big cities across most of Central America, not just in El Salvador. They are there to make law abiding guests and customers feel safe as much as (if not more than) they are there to deter criminals. There are dangerous parts of the cities of San Salvador and Santa Ana that make me nervous when I am passing through. No different from Chicago. Gangs are a big problem in the bigger cities. Again, no different from Chicago.

On the other side of the coin, I can walk down the street in any small village in El Salvador and never give a second thought to my safety. No different from small villages in the U.S.

Are parts of Chicago or Peoria or Tennessee shitty?  Absolutely.

Is the entire U.S. a shithole country because parts of Chicago and other cities are shitholes or because heroin is now more ubiquitous in Tennessee than moonshine?  If the answer is no, then why is an entire country like El Salvador labeled as a shithole because parts of it are shitty?

Perhaps if El Salvador hadn't had to endure a 12 year long civil war back when the U.S. was busy spending many billions of dollars to fight losing proxy wars, then parts of it wouldn't be so shitty today, and hundreds of thousands of Salvadorans wouldn't have fled their war torn country seeking refuge in the U.S. and elsewhere.  If El Salvador is a shithole country, then the shit we left there back in the 70s and 80s is contributing to its stink.

Last edited by ramblinman on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:08 am

BirdWatcher wrote:
Head Skin wrote:Headline from CNN today

Stopped reading just ^^^ about there ...
Me and my classes like to check out how many stories on their front page have the word Trump on them.  I think the record is 14.  

One of my favorite moments was in 2016 when a really far left colleague of mine tried to tell me how CNN was a pro Trump media outlet.

Edit- today it's 9 stories, but probably only because the USA Gymnastics thing fills up the left column of stories. That also means there's 9 stories in the other 2 dealing with Trump.

YEP, I'm sure nothing else is going on in the world today than whether or not the Trumps spent their anniversary together.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Head Skin wrote:Me and my classes like to check out how many stories on their front page have the word Trump on them.

YEP, I'm sure nothing else is going on in the world today than whether or not the Trumps spent their anniversary together.

Is that "Trump" in the body of the story, or just the headline?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:40 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Skin wrote:Me and my classes like to check out how many stories on their front page have the word Trump on them.

Is that "Trump" in the body of the story, or just the headline?

Headline.

EDIT- after typing that I checked what it is right now. Only 3. That's a record low.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:49 pm

ramblinman wrote:
BirdWatcher wrote:Option A: El Salvador isn’t a “shithole” so they don’t need 20 years of Temporary Protected Status, and the Salvadorans should be sent home immediately

For the past ten years, I have spent between five and eight days a year in El Salvador.  Although I haven't been all over the country, I have spent substantial time in two of its three largest cities and in a couple of coastal locations.  The parts of the countryside I have seen are beautiful.  The people I have met there are among the finest people I know.

Are parts of it shitty?  Sure.  Razor wire abounds.  The hotels I stay in have shotgun-toting private security guards standing at the entrance.  You also see them guarding banks, shopping malls, gas stations and most major fast food restaurants.  You see them in the big cities across most of Central America, not just in El Salvador. They are there to make law abiding guests and customers feel safe as much as (if not more than) they are there to deter criminals. There are dangerous parts of the cities of San Salvador and Santa Ana that make me nervous when I am passing through.  No different from Chicago.  Gangs are a big problem in the bigger cities.  Again, no different from Chicago.

On the other side of the coin, I can walk down the street in any small village in El Salvador and never give a second thought to my safety.  No different from small villages in the U.S.

Is the entire U.S. a shithole country because parts of Chicago and other cities are shitholes or because heroin is now more ubiquitous in Tennessee than moonshine?  If the answer is no, then why is an entire country like El Salvador labeled as a shithole because parts of it are shitty?

Perhaps if El Salvador hadn't had to endure a 12 year long civil war back when the U.S. was busy spending many billions of dollars to fight losing proxy wars, then parts of it wouldn't be so shitty today, and hundreds of thousands of Salvadorans wouldn't have fled their war torn country seeking refuge in the U.S. and elsewhere.  If El Salvador is a shithole country, then the shit we left there back in the 70s and 80s is contributing to its stink.

+1

"shithole" = Trump's term for a country with a lot of poor, brown people
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:20 pm

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

For the past ten years, I have spent between five and eight days a year in El Salvador.  Although I haven't been all over the country, I have spent substantial time in two of its three largest cities and in a couple of coastal locations.  The parts of the countryside I have seen are beautiful.  The people I have met there are among the finest people I know.

Are parts of it shitty?  Sure.  Razor wire abounds.  The hotels I stay in have shotgun-toting private security guards standing at the entrance.  You also see them guarding banks, shopping malls, gas stations and most major fast food restaurants.  You see them in the big cities across most of Central America, not just in El Salvador. They are there to make law abiding guests and customers feel safe as much as (if not more than) they are there to deter criminals. There are dangerous parts of the cities of San Salvador and Santa Ana that make me nervous when I am passing through.  No different from Chicago.  Gangs are a big problem in the bigger cities.  Again, no different from Chicago.

On the other side of the coin, I can walk down the street in any small village in El Salvador and never give a second thought to my safety.  No different from small villages in the U.S.

+1

Although I agree with the equation you provide, a little known reality in El Salvador is that brown people make up about 1% of the population.  The remainder is a mix of people of full European descent (13%) and mestizos (87%), who are a mix of European and indigenous Amerindian blood.  Its neighboring countries of Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua have substantially higher percentages of indigenous peoples and people of African descent.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:41 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

+1

Although I agree with the equation you provide, a little known reality in El Salvador is that brown people make up about 1% of the population.  The remainder is a mix of people of full European descent (13%) and mestizos (87%), who are a mix of European and indigenous Amerindian blood.  Its neighboring countries of Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua have substantially higher percentages of indigenous peoples and people of African descent.

I’m pretty safe is assuming that Trump would consider mestizos to be brown people.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:59 pm

19delta wrote:I’m pretty safe is assuming that Trump would consider mestizos to be brown people.

Indeed.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:11 am

I would consider mestizos 'brown people', if pressed.  But who cares?

Implementing Trump's merit-based immigration plan would result in.. wait for it... a TON of brown people:  engineers from India, programmers from Pakistan, doctors from Nigeria, Chinese and asians out the wazoo....

NeverTrumpers will point to Trump's Norwegian comments, but that lacks the context that Trump had just finished spending hours with the Norwegian PM that morning... Norway was on his mind, as a successful country.

Call me crazy but I can't see Trump as a racist when he dated black women and funded Rand Paul's medical missions to Haiti.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:18 am

BirdWatcher wrote:Call me crazy but I can't see Trump as a racist when he dated black women and funded Rand Paul's medical missions to Haiti.

You are crazy.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:54 am

Teetime wrote:
BirdWatcher wrote:Call me crazy but I can't see Trump as a racist when he dated black women and funded Rand Paul's medical missions to Haiti.

You are crazy.

I dunno. I live in the South, plenty of real racists in my county.... I don't know a one who would date a black woman or give money to help Haitians... seems counter-racist to me.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:49 am

BirdWatcher wrote:I would consider mestizos 'brown people', if pressed.  But who cares?

Implementing Trump's merit-based immigration plan would result in.. wait for it... a TON of brown people:  engineers from India, programmers from Pakistan, doctors from Nigeria, Chinese and asians out the wazoo....

NeverTrumpers will point to Trump's Norwegian comments, but that lacks the context that Trump had just finished spending hours with the Norwegian PM that morning... Norway was on his mind, as a successful country.

Call me crazy but I can't see Trump as a racist when he dated black women and funded Rand Paul's medical missions to Haiti.

You conveniently left out the adjective "poor".

Yes. I agree with you that Trump likes brown people (provided they are the "right kind" of brown people...)
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:21 am

I'm constantly amazed at how many people intimately know Donald Trump.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:45 am

Of course he isn't racist.  After all, he has told us over and over that he's the least racist person we'll ever meet.  Must be true then.  He wouldn't lie to us.  

He is so not a racist that he calls a black person African American and not negro (or worse).

Look at my African American over here

Last edited by ramblinman on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:50 am

Head Skin wrote:I'm constantly amazed at how many people intimately know Donald Trump.

Given how much he has been in the news (fake and otherwise) and on Twitter over the past two years, it has been hard to avoid getting to know his public persona well.

Last edited by ramblinman on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:54 am

ramblinman wrote:
Head Skin wrote:I'm constantly amazed at how many people intimately know Donald Trump.

Given how much he has been in the news (fake and otherwise) and on Twitter over the past two years, it has been hard not to avoid getting to know him well.
I think that trying to figure out someone's core beliefs based on the news, especially with Trump, that's a pretty dangerous idea.

PS- the CNN count today is 14. Some of the gems-
Jeers heard as Trump calls media "fake"
Stormy Daniels' friend speaks about Trump
The Trump lawyer who threatened to quit
Trump is not getting along with his chief of staff- again
Schumer didn't want WH aide in Trump chat.

This is hard hitting reporting right here.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:16 pm

Head Skin wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Given how much he has been in the news (fake and otherwise) and on Twitter over the past two years, it has been hard not to avoid getting to know him well.
I think that trying to figure out someone's core beliefs based on the news, especially with Trump, that's a pretty dangerous idea.

PS- the CNN count today is 14.  Some of the gems-
Jeers heard as Trump calls media "fake"
Stormy Daniels' friend speaks about Trump
The Trump lawyer who threatened to quit
Trump is not getting along with his chief of staff- again
Schumer didn't want WH aide in Trump chat.

This is hard hitting reporting right here.

Completely agree that the reporting and commentary are biased and designed more for ratings than anything else. Take that out of the equation. Just go by what you see him Tweet or say when the cameras are on. If people can't figure out his core beliefs from that, then they aren't paying attention.

ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next