My new grandson

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My new grandson

Post by Teetime on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:41 pm

On November 15 my wife and I were blessed when my daughter gave birth to our first grandchild. His name is Nathan and he currently lives in New York City. He has already talked his folks into moving to St. Louis in a couple of weeks. He is brilliant, good looking and tall.

In this picture, he is the one with very little hair. His protector is the hairy one. If you want to touch Nate, you have to be pre-approved by Phelps, also pictured here.

I have about 800 pictures of Nate already and plan to post one a day until I die. At the rate Nate inspires photography, I will never run out of pictures.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: My new grandson

Post by OSUBucks on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:04 pm

Congrats on the grandson Tee! Living in STL is cool, I'll bet he becomes a Cardinal fan! Wink
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:43 pm

No, I said he was brilliant.

He is working with Theo on the Cubs pitching staff now.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:05 am

Considering it's your daughter's, is this the first child born in 35ish years that isn't yours?

Congratulations.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:56 am

Congratulations
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:06 am

Great pic, Grandpa Tee! Congrats to your family!
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:12 am

Congrats!!
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:14 am

cheers congrats, grandpa!!
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Head Skin wrote:Considering it's your daughter's, is this the first child born in 35ish years that isn't yours?

I believe that to be factual.....but only in the central part of the state, plus Ogle county.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:27 pm

Has Nathan drank at Walter's Cottage with you yet?
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:42 pm

crusader wrote:Has Nathan drank at Walter's Cottage with you yet?

No. But I dropped in for a beer or two in December with my son-in-law. It was a neat place.

Nate is kind of a pain in the ass to travel around the city with. He lives on the 23rd floor of an apartment building at 92nd and West End Ave. The subway is only a block and a half away but finding room on a subway car for Nate and all of the required baby stuff is a challenge. Getting up and down the stairs inside subway stations is a challenge. Breast feeding Nate every few hours, outside of the apartment is a challenge. Moving all of the required baby stuff along the sidewalks and through the intersections at the pace that NYC residents move down a sidewalk is a challenge.

They already bought a house in Webster Groves....I think that will make regular life much easier for my daughter.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:21 pm

It's amazing the stuff you'll do for a grandchild.  We were back for Christmas and the kids were up from Texas with our grandson Warren.  I asked Mrs BW how long we would be staying in Illinois after Christmas and she said 'as long as Warren stays, we stay....'      So I lived in my in-laws basement (again) for a few extra days.....

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Teetime wrote:
crusader wrote:Has Nathan drank at Walter's Cottage with you yet?

No. But I dropped in for a beer or two in December with my son-in-law. It was a neat place.

Nate is kind of a pain in the ass to travel around the city with. He lives on the 23rd floor of an apartment building at 92nd and West End Ave. The subway is only a block and a half away but finding room on a subway car for Nate and all of the required baby stuff is a challenge. Getting up and down the stairs inside subway stations is a challenge. Breast feeding Nate every few hours, outside of the apartment is a challenge. Moving all of the required baby stuff along the sidewalks and through the intersections at the pace that NYC residents move down a sidewalk is a challenge.

They already bought a house in Webster Groves....I think that will make regular life much easier for my daughter.
Webster Grove is a nice area - they will love raising their family in that community. Lots of school options, but I think SLUH is nearest, but there is also CBC in the area too.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:46 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:It's amazing the stuff you'll do for a grandchild.  We were back for Christmas and the kids were up from Texas with our grandson Warren.  I asked Mrs BW how long we would be staying in Illinois after Christmas and she said 'as long as Warren stays, we stay....'      So I lived in my in-laws basement (again) for a few extra days.....

Hey BW, Warren is a good looking young man. Can't blame Mrs. BW for wanting to hang around with him. How old is he?

You and I and a couple of other guys could just turn this whole board into a grandkids picture posting place. The hell with football.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:29 pm

crusader wrote:Webster Grove is a nice area - they will love raising their family in that community. Lots of school options, but I think SLUH is nearest, but there is also CBC in the area too.

Also DeSmet. I think the west part of Webster Groves may be equally as close to DeSmet as to SLUH. CBC is very close, too. All three are probably within 10 miles of most of WG.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Teetime wrote:Hey BW, Warren is a good looking young man. Can't blame Mrs. BW for wanting to hang around with him. How old is he?

He's 4 months, but he reads at a 8 month level..... Smile

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:15 pm

Nate's dad, my son-in-law, went to CBC. Nate's other grandfather is (or maybe was) on the board at CBC. My guess is that Nate will lead CBC to three state championships in football....2033, 2034, 2035.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Yeah ... he will be a Cadet, most likely then.

We played CBC frosh/soph year - both times at their place. LOVE THOSE FACILITIES!
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:57 pm

Congrats Tee!! cheers santa
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:10 am

Along with being a parent,being a grandparent is one of the greatest things in the world. Blessed by the arrival of our 3rd this past year.

And the great thing is......they go home when you are tired....lol

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:56 pm

what happened to my post??? i said congrats yesterday and asked when marc and grant were going to start kicking out babies.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:50 pm

if i could steal some thunder, I had my second, this one a girl. rose delia back in September. much easier then the son so far, knock on wood.

I can tell I am going to enjoy being a grand parent way more than a parent. I am not made out of parenting but grand parenting seems to have all the perks and none of the hassles.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:03 pm

net wrote:what happened to my post??? i said congrats yesterday and asked when marc and grant were going to start kicking out babies.

Thanks, net.

Don't know what happened to your post but Marc wants to have 5 kids. He better get going, his wife just turned 30.

Grant will get married in February of 2019. I hope he waits until after that to have kids.

I'm afraid those kids might be playing for Benet or Loyola depending on where they settle in the metro area, but i'm sure they will also be leading their schools to state championships.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:06 pm

wilky wrote:if i could steal some thunder, I had my second, this one a girl. rose delia back in September. much easier then the son so far, knock on wood.

I can tell I am going to enjoy being a grand parent way more than a parent. I am not made out of parenting but grand parenting seems to have all the perks and none of the hassles.

Congratulations wilky.

I'l bet she is easier right up until girls start to form gangs and make life miserable for other girls. I think that is around 6 or 7.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:28 pm

We've graduated to where our kids can pretty much handle their own crap- ages 9 and 12.  There is no way I could handle a baby at this point in my life.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top