Recruiters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Recruiters

Post by Head Skin on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:14 am

tincup1215 wrote:Occasionally I'll find a good sprint drill through twitter.  I usually send it to our head football coach or an assistant, whoever will be with me for speed work that day and we incorporate something in there to appease the football kids.  Usually we turn it into a competition with the kids since they just eat that up.  It has helped getting more kids from hiding in the weightroom and working on speed with me, since we still have them lift anyways.  

But yeah, I'll come across a video of "kid deadlifts 9,000,000 pounds" or something like that and I do not see the appeal.  I'm biased obviously, but show me a lineman who can throw the shot 60 feet, that's a heck of a lot more impressive than how much weight you can put up.  
I agree that there are several useful drill videos in multiple sports all over Twitter. I'm talking about the people filming their reps of lifts. I just don't see how that's anything but fishing for compliments.

I will say that I also find it odd that we've moved into an era where people on social media basically proclaim themselves gurus of coaching or certain areas, post a bunch of videos/memes of stuff and people buy into it. It's almost like marketing one's self as a coach has made it to HS coaching.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:31 pm

Gotta keep up the #Brand.

#AteallmyOatmeal

#Tookoutthetrash

SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Head Skin wrote:
tincup1215 wrote:Occasionally I'll find a good sprint drill through twitter.  I usually send it to our head football coach or an assistant, whoever will be with me for speed work that day and we incorporate something in there to appease the football kids.  Usually we turn it into a competition with the kids since they just eat that up.  It has helped getting more kids from hiding in the weightroom and working on speed with me, since we still have them lift anyways.  

But yeah, I'll come across a video of "kid deadlifts 9,000,000 pounds" or something like that and I do not see the appeal.  I'm biased obviously, but show me a lineman who can throw the shot 60 feet, that's a heck of a lot more impressive than how much weight you can put up.  
I agree that there are several useful drill videos in multiple sports all over Twitter.  I'm talking about the people filming their reps of lifts.  I just don't see how that's anything but fishing for compliments.

I will say that I also find it odd that we've moved into an era where people on social media basically proclaim themselves gurus of coaching or certain areas, post a bunch of videos/memes of stuff and people buy into it.  It's almost like marketing one's self as a coach has made it to HS coaching.

Love the "experts"

A friend showed me a screen shot of a comment that appeared on a Twitter page of one of those experts that tweets out breakdown of Alabama/Georgia/TCU defense and other stuff like that. The type of guy that acts like Nick Saban doesn't make a move without him.

The comment asked if the guy would post some video of the team that they were currently coaching when they knew that the guy didn't actively coach.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:27 pm

Head Skin wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:GCMS Kids still making workout videos....They get complimented on twitter and act like they got insulted and start running their mouths.  Success has clearly gone to their heads.
That seems to be what a lot of Twitter is.  Fishing for compliments or shouting down all the “haters”.

I especially don’t understand the filming workouts portion of Twitter.  Kids or adults.

Hey Look at me Im gonna deadlift until I blow my asshole out
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:16 am

friend of mine came to town yesterday to talk to a couple of our kids. he was introduced to a new prospect. he gave the player his card and said, 'text me your number and your twitter name.'

i asked him if he always asks for the kid's twitter name and he replied yes. first time i'd heard that.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:21 am

net wrote:friend of mine came to town yesterday to talk to a couple of our kids. he was introduced to a new prospect. he gave the player his card and said, 'text me your number and your twitter name.'

i asked him if he always asks for the kid's twitter name and he replied yes. first time i'd heard that.
I have yet to be asked about the Twitter thing, but as we all know, recruiters don't talk to me anyway.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:59 pm

McNutt walking on at Illinois
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:McNutt walking on at Illinois

How much is the tuition at U of I? Isn't it really expensive? For that kind of money, why not go to a D3 school where there is a much greater chance of getting on the field?

I do understand that football might not be the only reason he is going to U of I.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:23 pm

Announced today that Rahveon Valentine is walking on at NIU.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:02 pm

I just got an email from a Division III school about their "prospects" camp...
Hopefully, a bunch of my kids will go and they can ask [hound] me for game film, and maybe, just maybe, some of them will be #blessed to receive offers.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:50 pm

niu had a very unique junior day. it was invite only. they had under 20 kids. kids and family were invited. they departed from nit on a shuttle and went bowling together.

niu staff wanted to get to the kids and parents. they didn't invite everyone to the junior day. niu didn't want to waste kids' or parents' time.

i think that's a great idea.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:13 pm

net wrote:niu had a very unique junior day. it was invite only. they had under 20 kids. kids and family were invited. they departed from nit on a shuttle and went bowling together.

niu staff wanted to get to the kids and parents. they didn't invite everyone to the junior day. niu didn't want to waste kids' or parents' time.

i think that's a great idea.

Agreed
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum