Recruiters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Recruiters

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:15 pm

I should also probably adjust those totals as he didn’t play the first two games last year. That could be a factor in recruitment as well.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:29 pm

Head Skin wrote:I should also probably adjust those totals as he didn’t play the first two games last year.  That could be a factor in recruitment as well.

Go all Baker Mayfield and walk on where you want to go if your soo good and earn that Scholarship
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:11 am

I noticed the social media machine kicked in yesterday for the McNutt kid too. Tweets directed at the UofI saying they "need" this kid.

I know it's a new medium, but has this EVER worked?
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Head Skin wrote:I noticed the social media machine kicked in yesterday for the McNutt kid too.  Tweets directed at the UofI saying they "need" this kid.

I know it's a new medium, but has this EVER worked?

I like McNutt a lot. It is not a stretch to say that he is the best running back that our team has ever faced. He's easily in the Top 5.

But, he's also a kid playing against small-school competition. I just don't see that translating to the Big 10 or even to a mid-major or FCS school.

There is a rumor around here that Rahveon Valentine is getting recruited by Minnesota. Again...Valentine is a great small-school player. One of the best players ever...in 1a.

Hell, when I went to college (D3), there were lots of guys who were all-Conference or all-Area, or all-State or were 3-or-4 year varsity starters on their 1a high school team who would not have got on the field at my high school (Naperville North). Or certainly would not have been nearly as dominant or celebrated.

Of all the kids from Illinois who are going to get a football scholarship, how many come from 1a and 2a schools? There is a reason for that.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:52 pm

I talked with the Principal at GCMS when I went to their game early in the year. I inquired about McNutt and his college prospects. He said the directional schools were interested, but mostly as a defensive player. He does not own an offer, from any D1 school (to my knowledge). He would be a great D2/NAIA player, could probably play some at FCS. I hope he makes it, as I will always cheer for great kids with a tireless work ethic from great programs.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Andy Studebaker of Eureka got to the NFL via the D3 Route. I dont know if that the vision of the end game for McNutt or not but nothing wrong with going Small School route see if you can dominate and continue to work your tail off.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:10 pm

I see that today we have been treated to videos of him deadlifting (IMO the last lift you would want to showcase for making your case for being an explosive RB, but I digress).

Nothing against either kid personally, just seems like over thirst IMO. I would kinda think that if anyone was going to have interest scholarship wise, that would have been shown already.

PS- I’m not an internet stalker. Most of this stuff pops up on my Tweeter because others retweet or like and I follow under 100 people. That tells me this has to be a pretty widespread phenomenon.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Head Skin quick question

Was RTFB

Run the F*cking Ball
Or
Row The F*cking Boat
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Like I told my principal when he asked what it meant when we put it on our playoff hoodies- Run The Football.  

I am offended that you would imply that I would use profanity...

Plus, if it were the second it would at least explain the blocking.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:00 pm

Just heard PJ was trying to steal your stuff haha
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom on Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:40 pm

McNutt is a Heck of a Player but D-1 no, Illinois.... maybe Very Happy Shocked Very Happy Cool Laughing cheers
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:39 pm

Head Skin wrote:I see that today we have been treated to videos of him deadlifting (IMO the last lift you would want to showcase for making your case for being an explosive RB, but I digress).

Nothing against either kid personally, just seems like over thirst IMO.  I would kinda think that if anyone was going to have interest scholarship wise, that would have been shown already.

PS- I’m not an internet stalker.  Most of this stuff pops up on my Tweeter because others retweet or like and I follow under 100 people.  That tells me this has to be a pretty widespread phenomenon.

Yeah, I'm not sure who that guy is that has been promoting him pushing sleds and deadlifting, but they pop up on my timeline. I feel like this push is from someone else. I actually follow McNutt after he was so kind to my son this year, and he didn't seem to do much self-promotion at all. Still cheer for him. I think once the February signing period comes around, and teams have solidified their class, he might get a last minute shot at an FCS/Quincy/McKendree type school. Which would be great.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:09 am

I watch the Stagg Bowl (D3 championship game) every year. Tonight Mt Union won their 13th. Always amazed by the talent in that game.

I ask myself every year when I watch that game. Could (fill in the blank with local un-offered kid that thinks he is a D1 baller) play in this game tonight. My answer has almost always been no.

(Sean Considine was an exception but with his attitude and work ethic you knew he would succeed.)

There are lots of great walk-on stories out there but D1 recruiters don’t miss very often and it doesn’t take them long to evaluate a kid.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:32 pm

center wrote:I watch the Stagg Bowl (D3 championship game) every year.  Tonight Mt Union won their 13th. Always amazed by the talent in that game.

I ask myself every year when I watch that game. Could (fill in the blank with local un-offered kid that thinks he is a D1 baller) play in this game tonight. My answer has almost always been no.

(Sean Considine was an exception but with his attitude and work ethic you knew he would succeed.)

There are lots of great walk-on stories out there but D1 recruiters don’t miss very often and it doesn’t take them long to evaluate a kid.

Well, you should know as someone who has played in and won a couple of those Stagg Bowls. Although my college football career was not illustrious as yours, even at our school we had numerous all-conference, all-area, and all-state kids on the bench.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Things I enjoy on Twitter- college coaches saying they won't "even look" at a guy's film with a 2.75 GPA and 17 ACT.  

Bullshit.  I guarantee  you that cat runs a 4.4 40, is 6'3 250 and benches, cleans and squats a house, you'll look at some HUDL. If not, you better find another job soon.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:47 pm

Head Skin wrote:Things I enjoy on Twitter- college coaches saying they won't "even look" at a guy's film with a 2.75 GPA and 17 ACT.  

Bullshit.  I guarantee  you that cat runs a 4.4 40, is 6'3 250 and benches, cleans and squats a house, you'll look at some HUDL.  If not, you better find another job soon.

lindenwood bellvelle not contacting you again this year? not saying just saying. Cool
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:35 pm

net wrote:
Head Skin wrote:Things I enjoy on Twitter- college coaches saying they won't "even look" at a guy's film with a 2.75 GPA and 17 ACT.  

Bullshit.  I guarantee  you that cat runs a 4.4 40, is 6'3 250 and benches, cleans and squats a house, you'll look at some HUDL.  If not, you better find another job soon.

lindenwood bellvelle not contacting you again this year? not saying just saying. Cool
+1

I did have a kid tell me he was going to Eureka to play football. Really nice kid. Could have been a really good player had he played more than just his Sr year. Never talked to anyone. I was really shocked when he told me.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:07 pm

saw eureka vs. mac. for the sliac, a very good eureka front on both sides.

sammy? chime in.

btw, monmouth's roundball team looks really good this year. nice win in jax last weekend.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:41 am

Head Skin did you see on Twitter that Mcnutt did Clean squats 225 x 8 after already doing 3 workouts that day
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:39 am

Bighitter11 wrote:Head Skin did you see on Twitter that Mcnutt did Clean squats 225 x 8 after already doing 3 workouts that day
I did.  Retweeted to me.  Also got my daily fill of Qb1.

Guys, signing day was Thursday.  It. Ain't. Happenin.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:09 pm

Had to settle for McKendree
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:15 am

Bighitter11 wrote:Had to settle for McKendree
Our long, national nightmare is over.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:51 am

GCMS Kids still making workout videos....They get complimented on twitter and act like they got insulted and start running their mouths. Success has clearly gone to their heads.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:56 am

Bighitter11 wrote:GCMS Kids still making workout videos....They get complimented on twitter and act like they got insulted and start running their mouths.  Success has clearly gone to their heads.
That seems to be what a lot of Twitter is. Fishing for compliments or shouting down all the “haters”.

I especially don’t understand the filming workouts portion of Twitter. Kids or adults.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:11 am

Occasionally I'll find a good sprint drill through twitter. I usually send it to our head football coach or an assistant, whoever will be with me for speed work that day and we incorporate something in there to appease the football kids. Usually we turn it into a competition with the kids since they just eat that up. It has helped getting more kids from hiding in the weightroom and working on speed with me, since we still have them lift anyways.

But yeah, I'll come across a video of "kid deadlifts 9,000,000 pounds" or something like that and I do not see the appeal. I'm biased obviously, but show me a lineman who can throw the shot 60 feet, that's a heck of a lot more impressive than how much weight you can put up.
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum