Recruiters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Recruiters

Post by tincup1215 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:23 am

You guys are forgetting that after you say "feeling blessed and humbled for this offer" you need to add in the prayer hands, the 100 sign, and the fire symbol, along with a link to your HUDL highlights
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:37 am

tincup1215 wrote:You guys are forgetting that after you say "feeling blessed and humbled for this offer" †you need to add in the prayer hands, the 100 sign, and the fire symbol, along with a link to your HUDL highlights
One of the funniest parts of the Batman Lego movie is after he saves Gotham everyone is thanking him and he does the really over the top pray hands/bow action while saying out loud "Pray hands, pray hands". †

PS- that's a really funny movie as far as kid's movies go.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Head Skin wrote:
Teetime wrote:I'm currently making the rounds to schools to "bless" kids with full and partial rides to SHG.

If any of you have any highly promising eighth grade kids, they get some really nice packages that could include a Dodge Dakota P/U for dad and an Infiniti Q50 for mom. Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors making the move to SHG will also get some nice deals but not as good as the top notch eighth grade kids. Our current needs include future OLs (3) future DLs (2) and an 8th grade and a 10th grade running back. We are all set at QB, DB and LB. Usually we create receivers out of the non-scholarship talent, so no need to apply.

If you have film and can make a sales pitch, there are "finders fees" available.

Thanks, and have a Merry Christmas!

What can I get for an above average height 9 year old? †Does it matter he can squat 135 and deadlift 145?

Id suggest Nextgen Scouting to pump him up. That Mr. Smilie will post everything and anything about your kid anytime of day.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
Teetime wrote:I'm currently making the rounds to schools to "bless" kids with full and partial rides to SHG.

If any of you have any highly promising eighth grade kids, they get some really nice packages that could include a Dodge Dakota P/U for dad and an Infiniti Q50 for mom. Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors making the move to SHG will also get some nice deals but not as good as the top notch eighth grade kids. Our current needs include future OLs (3) future DLs (2) and an 8th grade and a 10th grade running back. We are all set at QB, DB and LB. Usually we create receivers out of the non-scholarship talent, so no need to apply.

If you have film and can make a sales pitch, there are "finders fees" available.

What can I get for an above average height 9 year old? †Does it matter he can squat 135 and deadlift 145?

Id suggest Nextgen Scouting to pump him up. †That Mr. Smilie will post everything and anything about your kid anytime of day. †

So you made me look this guy up and his twitter feed is full of stuff like:
Twitter feed wrote:Keith Smilie‏
@nexgenscouting
Congratulations NEXGEN recruit Izaack Kitchens @Izaackkitchens Bismarck-Henning HS, Bismarck, IL. roster offer from Millikin University Big Blue Football @MU_BigBlueFB

Roster Offer?

No wonder so many people are confused about how division 3 football works.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Iím not making this up when I say our HC at Monmouth had no idea who I was when I showed up to the reporting day. Later found out I was recruited by our DC/wrestling coach.

Wish I had known that going in and I wouldnít have spent a year and a half playing OL for the HC.

Probably would have been able to be all cleared up if only Iíd had a signing day...
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:13 pm

I also am getting sick of the social media/media lobbying for offers. One CIC Qb and his minions is currently all over the place openly lobbying/trying to shame places into giving him a scholarship offer.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:14 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
Head Skin wrote:

Id suggest Nextgen Scouting to pump him up. †That Mr. Smilie will post everything and anything about your kid anytime of day. †
At the age of 9, Iím sure weíve missed his first windows of opportunity...
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Head Skin wrote:I also am getting sick of the social media/media lobbying for offers. †One CIC Qb and his minions is currently all over the place openly lobbying/trying to shame places into giving him a scholarship offer.

How does that work?
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:26 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Skin wrote:I also am getting sick of the social media/media lobbying for offers. †One CIC Qb and his minions is currently all over the place openly lobbying/trying to shame places into giving him a scholarship offer.

How does that work?
What do you mean? How is he doing it or what?
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Are you Pullen my chain here.......
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Here is a funny story going back to the fall of 1997 my senior year. My dad had sent out a number of letters etc to Smaller schools etc. One of them was Adrian College somewhere in Michigan. Well one day the mail came except there were two letters both were identical wanting film and showing interest. One was for me one was addressed for my dad.

Would of been cool if we both went there had a national signing day party and were roomates.

Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Breaking News I just picked up my 2nd Roster spot offer from the Bourbonnais Township Park Districts indoor flag football league. #Blessed #BTPD # FlagFB #DZero
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:

Incredible placement in this post. Outstanding. +1
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:

So Iím not the only one?
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:50 pm

i have discovered over the last 2 years that some (all?) of those free/pay recruiting sites where players can create a profile with video clips, etc are tools for college admissions offices to use in recruiting students and are not limited to just the coaching staffs.
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Head Skin wrote:
19delta wrote:

How does that work?
What do you mean? †How is he doing it or what?

How do they expect to shame a school into a scholarship offer?
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:50 pm

I don't know, but they keepisode tagging different programs and saying stuff like- I can't believe you're not recruiting him or look at this kid, you definitely need him.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Head Skin wrote:I don't know, but they keepisode tagging different programs and saying stuff like- I can't believe you're not recruiting him or look at this kid, you definitely need him.

I just googled the kid. Looks like he had a phenomenal high school career. But he played at a 2a school. Do all these people who are cheerleading for him really think that a kid who played 2a football in Illinois is a legit scholarship football player?

I know that every so often a kid from a small school gets a football scholarship. Heck, we have a kid going to Illinois State next year. But he is 6-7 and 320lbs. Pretty much a once in a lifetime player at a small school program.

I was thrilled to be able to continue my playing career at a D3 school. Apparently that isnít enough for kids any more. I guess people just think that a kid who swam in a real shallow pool is just entitled to a scholarship.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:12 pm

Having worked in that community, their sense of reality is pretty thin.

Yes, he had a great career with great stats. A lot of those were compiled against the Pawnees, us both here and CGB, Meridians and Clintons of the world. Great accomplishment, but probably not equal to the achievements of Red Grange and Dick Butkus as the 17 report would have you believe.

We wonít even get into the differences in era or styles of football.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:18 pm

I just got another D3 Offer!!!!!
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:22 pm

Head Skin wrote:Having worked in that community, their sense of reality is pretty thin.

Yes, he had a great career with great stats. †A lot of those were compiled against the Pawnees, us both here and CGB, Meridians and Clintons of the world. †Great accomplishment, but probably not equal to the achievements of Red Grange and Dick Butkus as the 17 report would have you believe. †

We wonít even get into the differences in era or styles of football.

What is the "17 report"?
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:29 pm

WAND17 TV Station out of the Decatur Area I believe
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Head Skin wrote:I don't know, but they keepisode tagging different programs and saying stuff like- I can't believe you're not recruiting him or look at this kid, you definitely need him.

As a former collegiate QB who accepted the fact I was not a scholarship QB, and someone who spent my entire coaching career working with QBs, I can tell you he isn't being recruited because his mechanics do not measure up to what college coaches are looking for. I saw film on him a few times this year, and his athleticism and stats were outstanding. Nothing against the kid. Great career, great #'s. But he would be best suited to look at some successful D3s or NAIA schools (some scholarship $?), if he just wants to continue to play the game he loves. There are some damn good programs out there and I'm sure there are some interested in him. But I hope he's not casting them aside with this dream that he can be a D1 QB.

Nic Baker has what, 1 offer from SIUC? And the 2 don't even compare in ability.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:WAND17 TV Station out of the Decatur Area I believe
Yes.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:11 pm

SIFBCoach7 wrote:

As a former collegiate QB who accepted the fact I was not a scholarship QB, and someone who spent my entire coaching career working with QBs, I can tell you he isn't being recruited because his mechanics do not measure up to what college coaches are looking for. †I saw film on him a few times this year, and his athleticism and stats were outstanding. †Nothing against the kid. †Great career, great #'s. †But he would be best suited to look at some successful D3s or NAIA schools (some scholarship $?), if he just wants to continue to play the game he loves. †There are some damn good programs out there and I'm sure there are some interested in him. †But I hope he's not casting them aside with this dream that he can be a D1 QB. †

Nic Baker has what, 1 offer from SIUC? †And the 2 don't even compare in ability.
Agreed. †A lot of his yards came from throwing deep on teams that couldnít cover his WRs, or throwing it to Beck and letting him run for a million yards because heís a freak of nature. †If anyone in this equation deserves a scholarship itís that kid.

And, who ever gave me the red mark of death, it may be mean, but itís true. †50-60pts in 4-5 games against really bad teams can greatly inflate those numbers. †Thatís 400-500pts over 2 years.

Last edited by Head Skin on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum