Eligibility question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eligibility question

Post by 19delta on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:27 pm

We just had a family move into our district. Two of the kids are in high school and would like to wrestle. Are they eligible or do they have to wait until next year?
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Re: Eligibility question

Post by center on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:44 pm

Did they start the wrestling season at their old school? If they did then they are not eligible this season.

If they did not start wrestling at their old school then 30 days after the transfer they become eligible.

Assuming everything is OK with the transfer and it is run by principals and IHSA

https://www.ihsa.org/documents/forms/2015-16/elgrules_lg_1516.pdf

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:23 am

19delta wrote:We just had a family move into our district. Two of the kids are in high school and would like to wrestle. Are they eligible or do they have to wait until next year?

i didn't know you were at Washington HS. Smile
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:07 pm

center wrote:Did they start the wrestling season at their old school?  If they did then they are not eligible this season.

If they did not start wrestling at their old school then 30 days after the transfer they become eligible.

Assuming everything is OK with the transfer and it is run by principals and IHSA

OK...this is good to know. Apparently the family was told that the two high-school aged kids could practice with the team but would not be eligible to participate this season. I don't know if the boys started wrestling at their previous school. But I will definitely send along the information.

Thanks!
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:49 am

19delta wrote:
center wrote:Did they start the wrestling season at their old school?  If they did then they are not eligible this season.

OK...this is good to know. Apparently the family was told that the two high-school aged kids could practice with the team but would not be eligible to participate this season. I don't know if the boys started wrestling at their previous school. But I will definitely send along the information.

Thanks!

Depending on the circumstance related to their move, they may be eligible sooner. For example: Back when in Springfield, we had a kid who transferred from Carbondale. The transfer was a result of his mother going to prison. He had to come live with his brother. He had already played in varsity games for Carbondale that season. He transferred to us on Friday of week 2 and he played week 3. All legal and approved through the IHSA. Full Disclosure, the kid played for us his freshman year. He had lived with his brother during that time because his mom was incarcerated. He left his soph year to go live with mom again at her request. He did not want to go, but mom still had rights and knew that the kid living with her equaled money in child support/social benefits. Upon further investigation by us, it became clear she was not getting out for 20+ years.

My hope is that this is not as tragic of situation for them. But if it is, they should not be punished for being a pawn of the system.

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top