State Finals Weather

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: State Finals Weather

Post by grundy on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:16 pm

Ramblinman, thanks for posting the videos. Does'nt seem that its almost a quarter of a century since those games were played. I forget how big and blocky the shoulder pads were. As I recall, Marian had a really good running back. Think his name was something like Marable. Terrance Marable maybe. He was very good.

grundy
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:01 pm

grundy wrote:As I recall, Marian had a really good running back. Think his name was something like Marable. Terrance Marable maybe. He was very good.

I remember him. He was a stud. Got a ride to the U of I if I recall correctly.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by niewi 24 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:07 pm

wilky wrote:I am surprised niewi hasnt chimed in with the great fog bowl. Metamora vs morris in 01. game was at morris my friends and I (we were freshman in college) tailgaited all day in a otherwise normal and sunny day. by game time the fog was rolling in. by the end of the game you could barely see the midfield from the sideline. really cool game since morris won.

Definitely a crazy game Wilky. Our defensive alignment changed from being a 5-2 with a middle safety to a 5-2 with a stacked “linebacker” behind the nose. Switching from safety to the guy that mirrored Ricky Alvis was quite a different assignment. That dude was a load.

By the time the fourth quarter hit, there was no defensive calls coming in anymore. It was just play. You could hear the roar of the crowd, but you couldn’t see them. PR asking poor Jon Schlemmer to throw and actually have a receiver find the ball was an impossible task.

The guy at IHSFW.com did great work and he had some great pics from hat night, as you can see through the gallery in this link.

http://ihsfw.com/2001_imgs/week13/Meta_v_Morr/index_5.htm
niewi 24
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by niewi 24 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:08 pm

grundy wrote:Ramblinman, thanks for posting the videos. Does'nt seem that its almost a quarter of a century since those games were played. I forget how big and blocky the shoulder pads were. As I recall, Marian had a really good running back. Think his name was something like Marable. Terrance Marable maybe. He was very good.

I remember watching Marable in the pouring rain at Morris in what seemed like a Wednesday night game. I cannot remember, as I was like 9 or 10.
niewi 24
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:04 pm

I vividly remember watching Coal City play Carlinville on the ice in 93. Matt Powell from CC was sleeveless - that dude was a bad MF.
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:52 pm

Doctor D wrote:I vividly remember watching Coal City play Carlinville on the ice in 93. Matt Powell from CC was sleeveless - that dude was a bad MF.
He went to Maroa Forsyth?
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Not sure how Jostes would have used him in the spread.

Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top