State Finals discussion thread

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: State Finals discussion thread

Post by 19delta on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:49 am

Spezio and Dransfeldt from Morris...are their fathers former MLB players Scott Spezio and Kelly Dransfeldt?
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:52 am

OldTitan wrote:@wilky - I know you have not been a big fan of this coaching staff at Morris, but I thought they put together an outstanding game plan. What were your thoughts?

tackling that a bit more. I was not a fan early on as I thought there were more qualified candidates that had put their time in and should have gotten the job. I also think there was learning on the job with some really talented teams. I think some big strides have been made in the last few years and some new/switched coaches I think have added a lot. Prior to last year I think you could argue they only had 1 quality win, where they won a game they prob weren't supposed to and that was shg in 2012. I think in the last 2 years they have 4-5 of those wins. Dekalb and Washington this year were both impressive wins. I consider the semi game last year a great game as well even though they lost. They lost to a better team but gave them hell. Same with last night. All you can ask for as a fan.

As far as last night. I think it was a phenomenal game plan. I think they had good plan on offense and defense. I think equally as important is that they stuck with it, down 14 they coulda went crazy but they stayed the course. I think the kids played really hard and left it all on the field. The last two years have had a lot of talent for sure, and I would be naÔve to not recognize coaching had a lot to do with that. Once they found out what they had about mid way thru last year morris has played great football. (minus 3 games where key injuries decreased effectiveness). I knew what the offense was capable of, but I wasn't sure if morris could play that effectively on defense and I was pleasantly surprised. I think all involved have a lot to be proud about hanging with the juggernaut.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:53 am

19delta wrote:Spezio and Dransfeldt from Morris...are their fathers former MLB players Scott Spezio and Kelly Dransfeldt?

yes and by all accounts both are really good kids as well as players.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:31 am

wilky wrote:
19delta wrote:Spezio and Dransfeldt from Morris...are their fathers former MLB players Scott Spezio and Kelly Dransfeldt?

yes and by all accounts both are really good kids as well as players.

Great kids.
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:33 am

was reading the stats this morning and saw that Rochester had 396 yards and 24 first downs, in only 16 minutes of possession. that's more yards and first downs then I would have guessed. if I saw that stat line without knowing the score I would have assumed the rockets scored a lot more points.

it still baffles me that DL is not a college coach. I cant believe his skill set couldn't translate at the collegiate level. he can flat out coach. on a different level then his peers.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:49 am

wilky wrote:was reading the stats this morning and saw that Rochester had 396 yards and 24 first downs, in only 16 minutes of possession. that's more yards and first downs then I would have guessed. if I saw that stat line without knowing the score I would have assumed the rockets scored a lot more points.

it still baffles me that DL is not a college coach. I cant believe his skill set couldn't translate at the collegiate level. he can flat out coach. on a different level then his peers.

I looked at the stats earlier today and noticed that Rochester had a bigger edge in the stats than I thought watching the game live. I really thought the Morris game plan worked pretty well. I'm some what surprised that some college team hasn't yet offered Derek an offer that he can't refuse.
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:09 pm

Why in the world would he want a college job? That means going out and recruiting kids at their schools or in the living rooms, having to kiss up to an AD and give hand jobs to the school's big donors.

As it stands he has a job for life. He makes more now than his dad ever made at SHG and he has a juicy State of Illinois pension waiting for him at age 55 or so. He gets to spend his weekends with his wife and kids and he is looked at as a god in Rochester.

I might add that in the times my path has crossed with his, he has not been anything other than a nice guy. I'm sure that he meant it when he said the Morris kids played their asses off, and I'm sure he meant it as a compliment.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Dunlap put together a fairly decent opening drive, much better than anticipated.
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Teetime wrote:Why in the world would he want a college job? That means going out and recruiting kids at their schools or in the living rooms, having to kiss up to an AD and give hand jobs to the school's big donors.

As it stands he has a job for life. He makes more now than his dad ever made at SHG and he has a juicy State of Illinois pension waiting for him at age 55 or so. He gets to spend his weekends with his wife and kids and he is looked at as a god in Rochester.

I might add that in the times my path has crossed with his, he has not been anything other than a nice guy. I'm sure that he meant it when he said the Morris kids played their asses off, and I'm sure he meant it as a compliment.

This exactly. Unless you're big time enough to be one the guys we watch on TV every Daturday, almost every high school job is better than a college job, unless you don't like teaching of course.
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:27 pm

It is douchy to bemoan a win by saying your team played poorly, which implies the whipping should have been more severe.

The old saying, "Act like you been there before" is intended for the new guy to the big stage - not someone who has been there seven times. Have some stock words ready to go and leave it at that, Saint Derek.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:21 pm

crusader wrote:It is douchy to bemoan a win by saying your team played poorly, which implies the whipping should have been more severe.

The old saying, "Act like you been there before" is intended for the new guy to the big stage - not someone who has been there seven times. Have some stock words ready to go and leave it at that, Saint Derek.

I guess that it just didn't bother me that much. I would like to say that Leonard intended it as a compliment to Morris..."man...those guys were great today and had a terrific gameplan and we were lucky to squeeze out the win at the end given the way we played".

And even if he didn't mean that, I really don't care. If the guy comes off as cocky, he has earned it. He is a hell of a coach and has built an amazing program. I guess when a program has won 7 titles in the last 8 years, people are going to find something to criticize.

This gets back to the whole "unwritten rules" discussion. Leonard (or any other coach, for that matter) doesn't have a responsibility to say anything complimentary to the teams his program beats.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Teetime wrote:Why in the world would he want a college job? That means going out and recruiting kids at their schools or in the living rooms, having to kiss up to an AD and give hand jobs to the school's big donors.

One of my former players is an Offensive Coordinator at a FCS school in the Big Sky conference. Now, obviously, he is much younger than me, but he makes about $12K a year less than I do. Would not trade places even if the pay was comparable.

OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:02 pm

I saw NAZ had that first big TD run called back by a silly clipping call 15yards behind the runner who was running free to the end zone. That was the sort of stupid crap they did in the SHG game.

Now they are getting their sixth penalty three minutes into the second quarter.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:30 pm

We gonna see Evans be super human once again?

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:36 pm

He is very very good

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:46 pm

When you got it you got it and he has it. Just a complete stud. I havenít seen PRs offense before and I enjoy it.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Is anyone else 6 for 6 in the pick-em?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:44 pm

What is all over these Lake Zurich players that canít be real tattoos

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:48 pm

Matching tattoos make for better team bonding than raping.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:07 pm

wilky wrote:What is all over these Lake Zurich players that canít be real tattoos

They get a new one every time they jam something up a freshman's butt.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Their all fake Iím told which is good

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Is Lake Zurich the school that had to suspend their whole football program as a result of the freshman rape?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:53 pm

Teetime wrote:Is Lake Zurich the school that had to suspend their whole football program as a result of the freshman rape?
Aside from last year's coach getting fired, there was no repercussion after self investigation.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:16 pm

Is anyone else 7 out of 7 in the pick-em?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:45 pm

Teetime wrote:Is anyone else 7 out of 7 in the pick-em?

Batavia is my first miss. Not all of us can be pick'em Masters like Tee. Naturally, we won't discuss your previous six picks for the championships...
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top