State Finals discussion thread

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: State Finals discussion thread

Post by tincup1215 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:32 am

I don't think Morris played as well as they could have and Rochester played their butts off.
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:32 am

tincup1215 wrote:DL "We didn't play our best game and Morris played their butts off". †

Yeah, total douche comment. †

I have a lot of respect for dL but I agree. Whatís that comment help other than throw shade at opponent

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:33 am

So, DL's perception of how the game went is different than your's, so he's a douche?
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:35 am

Head Skin wrote:So, DL's perception of how the game went is different than your's, so he's a douche?

A highly respected, most likely best coach in the state.... still a douche comment to make. Didn't call him a douche, just that it was a douche comment
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:37 am

Head Skin wrote:
tincup1215 wrote:DL "We didn't play our best game and Morris played their butts off". †

Yeah, total douche comment. †
What in the \"f\"ing are you talking about?

The way I heard his comments in the post game:

ďMorris played out of their minds and we played like dog poop and thatís the only reason it was close.Ē

Maybe Rochester wasnít crisp. Morris missed out on a pick six and a 1st and goal also. Maybe the opposing team had something to do with both of those scenarios. I thought the comment was at least slightly douchey, even though Iím not sure that was the intent. Hard to blame those guys for being cocky.

It was a great game.
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:38 am

I canít comment tonight on game but Iím proud of the skins and wished we kicked the fg before half. Gutty performance by the skins. My head isnít held low like last time when we played not to lose. Lots of Morris kids should sleep well tonight knowing they gave a great coached team hell

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:39 am

I can tell you that at that moment after an emotional game, there's a zillion things going through your head and crap just comes out.

Nevermind- it isn't worth the hassle.

Last edited by Head Skin on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:43 am

Head Skin wrote:So, DL's perception of how the game went is different than your's, so he's a douche?

Never shy to make douchey comments yourself I can see why youíd say that. Cause itís different when others have an opinion and if you can rouse feathers why not?

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:43 am

Head Skin wrote:I can tell you that at that moment after an emotional game, there's a zillion things going through your head and crap just comes out.

But, I guess you would both know to react better after winning a state championship in the final 4 seconds of the game.

I get it. Iím not a coach. I try to remain objective, but nobody is perfect.

I do know what Wilmingtonís coach said after winning a title game in very similar fashion as a favorite.
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:45 am

Head Skin wrote:I can tell you that at that moment after an emotional game, there's a zillion things going through your head and crap just comes out.

How many state titles do you have? A ton more than me based on your comments

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:45 am

wilky wrote:

Never shy to make douchey comments yourself I can see why youíd say that. Cause itís different when others have an opinion and if you can rouse feathers why not?
Oh, I'm sorry senor classy.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:46 am

wilky wrote:

How many state titles do you have? A ton more than me based on your comments
I have won a ton more actual games than you have sitting on your ass watching on the Internet telling us what everyone in Morris should be doing.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:49 am

I guess I'm saying is this, if it's your first time winning state, then yes emotions are going to come pouring out. †When it's your 7th in 8 years, you definitely know what to expect. †He doesn't care what any of us think anyways and that's why he's a hell of a coach. †Made a douche comment, I pointed it out. †Life moved on.

Last edited by tincup1215 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thank you OT for the correction!)
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:49 am

I'm grateful there were 3 great games today. Even in the 3a game it was close at half.

In the last game, even if that FG had not gone through, Rochester would have had another attempt. Morris was called for roughing the kicker.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:51 am

tincup1215 wrote:I guess I'm saying is this, if it's your first time winning state, then yes emotions are going to come pouring out. †When it's your 6th in 7 years, you definitely know what to expect. †He doesn't care what any of us think anyways and that's why he's a hell of a coach. †Made a douche comment, I pointed it out. †Life moved on.

But, what if it is your 7th in 8 years? Wink

Just pulling your leg - I understand your point.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:53 am

You look for fights always and constantly pick a side of opposition to get a response. You got it.

I have a ton of respect for dL and his body of work is exemplary. I think if given a chance heíd have said it different. Donít hold that against him but agree a douche comment in the moment.

Donít think heíd hire you to be his pr though cause next week when you can be devils advocate throwing him under the bus you will if thatís what gets a rise. Whatever you can be mad at you will. The tmz of Turks

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:59 am

@wilky - I know you have not been a big fan of this coaching staff at Morris, but I thought they put together an outstanding game plan. What were your thoughts?
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:06 am

OldTitan wrote:@wilky - I know you have not been a big fan of this coaching staff at Morris, but I thought they put together an outstanding game plan. What were your thoughts?

If youíll allow me to give a quick synopsis tonight and more detail tommorrow I think great strides were made last two years especially this year. Minus 3 games I was ecstatic this year . Tonight they played real good ball. I woulda kicked fg before half but 100% get why they didnít. Iím upset but I can honestly say Iím proud of the team. Very proud. The coaches took the mentality that we arenít gonna be scared this game(like 2012). I respect the hell outta that

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:12 am

I though Morris looked very ready to play and had a great game plan. My only complaints (and they were real time) were not kicking FG and the interception they threw when they were cramming it down Rochesterís throat.
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:18 am

Woulda loved the fg but get it. The int was huge coulda been a 10 yd pass instead of going for td. †The two dropped ints woulda have helped.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:22 am

I thought Spiezio was the best player on the field today.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:33 am

OldTitan wrote:@wilky - I know you have not been a big fan of this coaching staff at Morris, but I thought they put together an outstanding game plan. What were your thoughts?

Watching the game in the first half I was thinking the same thing. Morris exercised ball control and really limited the number of Rochester possessions. Pound the ball and occasionally take shots putting your bigger and taller WR's in one on one situations. Morris has a huge line and some of their guys got banged up but they gutted it out. It's been a tough season for the Leonard family. Derek's mom is fighting for her life and his emotions were running over after the game. I can understand why some thought the comment was a little douchey though. Derek is not a douche though, not by a long shot. He is a hell of a competitor though. It was a winnable game by Morris and I can understand that this game is going to hurt for a while, for both the team and their fan base. They laid it all out there though and you can't ask for more than that. In the first half there was that one drive that they were moving well on the ground but they took that shot throwing to the end zone. They had single coverage but the pass got picked. That one hurt and then they passed on a short FG in the 2nd half and went for it and came up empty. Athletically I've seen better Rochester teams that this one but they really got everything out of those players this year.
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:59 am

wilky wrote:You look for fights always and constantly pick a side of opposition to get a response. You got it.

I have a ton of respect for dL and his body of work is exemplary. I think if given a chance heíd have said it different. Donít hold that against him but agree a douche comment in the moment.

Donít think heíd hire you to be his pr though cause next week when you can be devils advocate throwing him under the bus you will if thatís what gets a rise. Whatever you can be mad at you will. The tmz of Turks
No, I'm pretty consistent about who I like and who I don't. †And I'll always side with a coach over a fan any day of the week. †I can assure you that you will never find a time to the contrary of that statement here or anywhere else either.

Maybe you're thinking of yourself? †Morris football is bad- wilky- "fire these bum coaches and get someone better." †Morris football is successful- "I can't believe you still have morrisfan as your screen name. †You haven't been behind them at all this season."
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:21 am

I think Iíve been pretty fair. I was used to a product. Iím intelligent about that product. That product has been getting better and better. I have said when I thought it was bad and am quick to say when it is good. It has been pretty good (minus geneso and kaneland) . Perhaps youíd like me to me a dumb fan, but I canít. With passion comes critique both good and bad. I think some of the coaches have made leaps and bounds OL, DL, ST and OC in particular. Im proud of this team as Iíve stated. The success is not lost on me but Iíd be remiss to not want the best possible every year. I donít think any of the coaches would argue that past years maybe didnít wind well based on talent. I think this year all of the coaches can feel confident they got the most out of it and made us fans proud. If that makes me bad then Iíd have to value your opinion which I donít

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:28 am

tincup1215 wrote:DL "We didn't play our best game and Morris played their butts off".

Yeah, total douche comment

I'll be honest: I don't see anything douchey about this comment either. I'm guessing that if the source of it wasn't known to sometimes say controversial things, it wouldn't have registered on anyone's radar...
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top