Roy Halladay R.I.P.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roy Halladay R.I.P.

Post by ramblinman on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:27 pm

Read a couple of interesting stats on Roy Halladay relative to complete games pitched. †

From 2000 to his retirement in 2013, he threw 65 complete games. †That is 27 more than the closest runner up (C.C. Sabathia) at any time from 2000 to the present day.

In the same time period, he had eight seasons where he pitched 220 innings or more. †That's three seasons more than the closest runners up (Sabathia, Verlander and Felix Hernandez) have experienced from 2000 to the present day.

What's even more remarkable about the above is that, in the 2000 season, Halladay pitched only 67 innings and was demoted all the way down to Class A where he completely changed his delivery.

Great article: †Roy Hallady SI article
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Re: Roy Halladay R.I.P.

Post by Head Skin on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:08 pm

ramblinman wrote:
In the same time period, he had eight seasons where he pitched 220 innings or more. †That's three seasons more than the closest runners up (Sabathia, Verlander and Felix Hernandez) have experienced from 2000 to the present ]
Not doubting your stats, just having a hard time believing Mark Buehrle isnít on that list.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Head Skin wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
In the same time period, he had eight seasons where he pitched 220 innings or more. †That's three seasons more than the closest runners up (Sabathia, Verlander and Felix Hernandez) have experienced from 2000 to the present ]
Not doubting your stats, just having a hard time believing Mark Buehrle isnít on that list.

Buehrle stats

Buehrle threw 33 complete games in his 16 year career. †

Regarding innings pitched, good call. †He did have five seasons where he pitched more than 220 innings. †He should have been mentioned along with Sabathia, Verlander and Hernandez. †Still, though, that is three seasons fewer than Halladay.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Buehrle is the man. He pitched 200 or more innings 14 of his 15 full seasons missing only his last season by 1.1 Innings.

Consistant and durable
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:45 pm

I have a bet with another member of this board made way back, about buerhle getting into the hall of fame.

I said no, he said yes. I am going to win the $50 but I wish I wouldnt. buehrle was the man

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top