Best quarterfinal game near you?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best quarterfinal game near you?

Post by Teetime on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:52 pm

I'm really looking forward to the SHG vs. Nazareth Academy game at 2:00 Saturday. To my knowledge the two schools have never played and SHG will be an underdog at home for the first time in quite a while.

Plus, the game will be played about 700 yards from where I sit each day. It won't take me long to get there.

In 2014 NAZ won 6A, SHG won 5A
In 2015 NAZ won 5A
In 2016 SHG got 2nd place in 6A

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Best quarterfinal game near you?

Post by wilky on Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:37 pm

morris Rochelle 2 will be a good game and I am supposed to be out of town

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Teetime wrote:I'm really looking forward to the SHG vs. Nazareth Academy game at 2:00 Saturday. To my knowledge the two schools have never played and SHG will be an underdog at home for the first time in quite a while.

Plus, the game will be played about 700 yards from where I sit each day. It won't take me long to get there.

In 2014 NAZ won 6A, SHG won 5A
In 2015 NAZ won 5A
In 2016 SHG got 2nd place in 6A

Why do you say SHG is the dog in this game? Seeding?

So far in the pick 'em contest, 4 out of 5 posters are picking SHG.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:22 pm

ramblinman wrote:Why do you say SHG is the dog in this game?  Seeding?  

Hummmm.

Not to disparage the Turk's Place picking talent, but that doesn't seem like a good barometer. I will say that in the five years that SHG has been playing football on their home field they have only lost one game, so I like that. Also, I'm taking SHG, so they have that going for them as well (but I played there....and all three of my sons did as well)

I think most "experts" will pick NAZ because they have played a better brand of competition and achieved a better record and NAZ played five playoff teams and beat four of them, SHG played four playoff teams and only beat two of them.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Teetime wrote:
ramblinman wrote:Why do you say SHG is the dog in this game?  Seeding?  

Hummmm.

Not to disparage the Turk's Place picking talent, but that doesn't seem like a good barometer. I will say that in the five years that SHG has been playing football on their home field they have only lost one game, so I like that. Also, I'm taking SHG, so they have that going for them as well (but I played there....and all three of my sons did as well)

I think most "experts" will pick NAZ because they have played a better brand of competition and achieved a better record and NAZ played five playoff teams and beat four of them, SHG played four playoff teams and only beat two of them.

How about SHG holding Springfield to just 7 pts in week 8 and two weeks later the Senators drop 35 on Naz at Naz?
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:01 pm

I found that to be surprising. I agree, if Springfield High did that scoring against the NAZ starters it would change my mind about NAZ.

I had assumed that Springfield High did most of their scoring against the NAZ junior varsity after the game had gotten away from them. Am I wrong about that?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:17 pm

Teetime wrote:I found that to be surprising. I agree, if Springfield High did that scoring against the NAZ starters it would change my mind about NAZ.

I had assumed that Springfield High did most of their scoring against the NAZ junior varsity after the game had gotten away from them. Am I wrong about that?

Springfield High was up 10-7 at one point in the first quarter, and then Naz ripped off 34 unanswered points.  SHS scored 27 of its 37 points in the second half (15 in Q3 and 12 Q4).
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:29 pm

NAZ is super young from what I understand. Their coach said it would be a team that would improve all-season.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:49 pm

Shelbyville/Westville could be interesting I think. That said, if I go to a game, it will probably be Tuscola/Carrollton. Why? It's closer and I'm lazy.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by eakaby on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:22 pm

I got my pick of Batavia at Lincoln-Way West, Benet at Lincoln-Way Central, or Oswego at Lincoln-Way East. I teach at West, spent most of my career at East, and started at Central. Truth is, I probably won’t go to any of them.
eakaby
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:32 am

Maroa and West Hancock for me...almost by default as I'm not sure anything else is real close to me!
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:11 am

wolverine55 wrote:Maroa and West Hancock for me...almost by default as I'm not sure anything else is real close to me!
I think that could be a real good one.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:46 am

I think so too...I see most are predicting a blowout on IHSS, but with WH playing almost half their schedule against Missouri teams and QND not being the QND of old, I think most just don't have a frame of reference for how good WH is. Granted, Maroa is obviously pretty good too as anyone still playing would be.
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:33 am

Historically, it seems to be the grind it out teams Maroa has issue with IIRC- Athens, Casey, Newman, Dee Mack, etc.  If WH can keep the score close early and keep the ball out of Maroa’s offensive hands, I like their chances.

Edit- one thing WH has to keep in mind is they can’t let MF get momentum and run with it. That program is fantastic at snowballing people and before you know it you getting running clocked.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:51 am

Might bump over to see Morris/Rochelle 2 for a bit, but I'll be on the road by 3.30 for the PhoenixSC U15 Black vs. Chicago Edge U15 Select soccer game up at Oak Park River Forest HS. I know a kid playing in it.
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Orion vs Newman is where I'll be at. Rematch of a Week 3 win we had but we're very lucky.
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:12 pm

newcom wrote:Orion vs Newman is where I'll be at.  Rematch of a Week 3 win we had but we're very lucky.

After playing Orion last week I got Newman winning again. You have already seen the best passing attack around in Round 1 and one of the more athletic teams in Round 2 if they talk of Hope is true. Dry field conditions on the turf too.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Horsefeather wrote:Might bump over to see Morris/Rochelle 2 for a bit, but I'll be on the road by 3.30 for the PhoenixSC U15 Black vs. Chicago Edge U15 Select soccer game up at Oak Park River Forest HS.  I know a kid playing in it.

I'll be heading to that one also....side note I see that Morris is letting all Veterans in for free Saturday. Very nice gesture !
4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:34 am

4a(6afornet)north wrote:
Horsefeather wrote:Might bump over to see Morris/Rochelle 2 for a bit, but I'll be on the road by 3.30 for the PhoenixSC U15 Black vs. Chicago Edge U15 Select soccer game up at Oak Park River Forest HS.  I know a kid playing in it.

I'll be heading to that one also....side note I see that Morris is letting all Veterans in for free Saturday. Very nice gesture !

Oh my Lord what is the IH$A going to say about that?!?! The money grubbing whores have already said or suggested that now only the Head Coaches Wife/Family gets on the pass list in playoffs......$$$$$$$
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Big Hiiter wrote:After playing Orion last week I got Newman winning again. You have already seen the best passing attack around in Round 1 and one of the more athletic teams in Round 2 if they talk of Hope is true. Dry field conditions on the turf too
Any hints to from what you saw last week??
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Game nearest me where I will be this weekend is:

Marietta, GA
vs.
Westlake
The Marietta varsity football team has an away playoff game @ Westlake (Atlanta, GA) on Friday, November 10 @ 7:30p.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:14 pm

newcom wrote:
Big Hiiter wrote:After playing Orion last week I got Newman winning again. You have already seen the best passing attack around in Round 1 and one of the more athletic teams in Round 2 if they talk of Hope is true. Dry field conditions on the turf too
Any hints to from what you saw last week??

Get some pressure on the QB. We were unable to get any last week at all and while they didnt shred us through the air they did well at the end of both halves which resulted in points. Like I said you saw probably as good of a passing team as you will see in Aurora Christian. You should be pretty solid against the run. Our RB was a small and fast and built for a fast track not mudding weather last week. Bianchi on the turf will be a little harder for them to stop.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by illinipete on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:28 pm

eakaby wrote:I got my pick of Batavia at Lincoln-Way West, Benet at Lincoln-Way Central, or Oswego at Lincoln-Way East.  I teach at West, spent most of my career at East, and started at Central.  Truth is, I probably won’t go to any of them.  

Get your butt up to Woodstock with me and B Rude.........IF ITS NOT RAINING! Smile
illinipete
I Pete my Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by illinipete on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:29 pm

eakaby wrote:I got my pick of Batavia at Lincoln-Way West, Benet at Lincoln-Way Central, or Oswego at Lincoln-Way East.  I teach at West, spent most of my career at East, and started at Central.  Truth is, I probably won’t go to any of them.  

Get your butt up to Woodstock with me and B Rude.........IF ITS NOT RAINING! Smile
illinipete
I Pete my Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:09 pm

morris and Rochelle has all the fixings to be an instant classic.

for the same reasons I had asked if Rochelle could beat johnsburg, was because I know its hard to beat Rochelle twice, and now morris will have to do it.

I actually went to the first game, it was my first visit to a morris game in quite some time (I have listened to every other game I didn't watch). I was about 7 minutes late and morris was down 14-0. Morris ended up clawing back and winning, luckily, 34-30. Morris did some interesting things on offense and defense that game that I think helped make the game closer, that I don't think will happen again. Rochelle I thought played great 97% of the time, but the 3% was costly. I was very impressed with Rochelle discipline, toughness, and skilled players, as I always am they are well coached. Morris was missing some people and some people have switched/changed positions. Morris lacked fire for a lot of their games this year, but like last year, are peaking at the right time. I think morris has more talent and with previous win are the favorite. Rochelle has the skill to make a confident morris team pay. Morris has the size to pound Rochelles momentum out of them. its gonna be a slobberknocker I think. hopefully no injuries and the team who makes the least mistakes wins.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top