Taking a Knee: Althoff v Rochester

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Taking a Knee: Althoff v Rochester

Post by crusader on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:09 am

In a classy manner.

End of game - two and a half minutes left - 41-23 Rochester up and they regain possession. Four straight knees but time remained so Althoff would still get the ball, but nevertheless, Leonard stopped running plays and hands the ball to Althoff, who did the right thing also and took a knee to wind the clock out. Not quite Victory Formation though.

Good game - some bounces did not go Althoff's way, but I like the future there.

Next season, they added Aurora IC at a neutral site - maybe U of I - and the always tough St. John Vianney High School, which beat Provi this season and plays in the STL Catholic League.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking a Knee: Althoff v Rochester

Post by Pike Bishop on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:55 pm

crusader wrote:In a classy manner.

End of game - two and a half minutes left - 41-23 Rochester up and they regain possession. Four straight knees but time remained so Althoff would still get the ball, but nevertheless, Leonard stopped running plays and hands the ball to Althoff, who did the right thing also and took a knee to wind the clock out. Not quite Victory Formation though.

Next season, they added Aurora IC at a neutral site - maybe U of I - and the always tough St. John Vianney High School, which beat Provi this season and plays in the STL Catholic League.

I worked for Derek for five years and have matched many of his games since then. Every time he gets the running clock, he yanks his starters and plays his subs the rest of the game. Many Metamora fans dislike him immensely, but he subbed after he clocked them in 2010 and ran the victory formation the Rochester's last procession. Game nine this year vs. SHS, the score was 49-9 at the end of the second quarter. SHS turned the ball over and gave Rochester good field position with three seconds left on the clock. They took a knee instead of taking a shot for another score and played the subs the whole second half.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:01 am

Pike Bishop wrote:

I worked for Derek for five years and have matched many of his games since then. Every time he gets the running clock, he yanks his starters and plays his subs the rest of the game. Many Metamora fans dislike him immensely, but he subbed after he clocked them in 2010 and ran the victory formation the Rochester's last procession. Game nine this year vs. SHS, the score was 49-9 at the end of the second quarter. SHS turned the ball over and gave Rochester good field position with three seconds left on the clock. They took a knee instead of taking a shot for another score and played the subs the whole second half.

The dislike for him from Metamora people stems more from the 2009 game than the 2010 game.
Reggie
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:08 am

ICCP from Elmhurst?
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:49 pm

I think that's it - yes.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down