any other schools complaining about game times?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

any other schools complaining about game times?

Post by ging on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:28 pm

as some of you may have seen on edgy's, a couple of st viator folks weren't very happy with sterling regarding the 1:00 start time on saturday. so much so that they took their grievance to the ihsa, who said the game would go on at 1:00. the biggest/only hang-up they had was the ACT scheduled for saturday morning. apparently they have some players who are scheduled to take it, but can't now (or will take it and have to miss the football game)

any other schools dealing with complaints over the start time because of a conflict with ACT testing?
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Re: any other schools complaining about game times?

Post by tincup1215 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:54 pm

An old football coach I know pretty well always said “when we’re at your place, we’ll play at your time.  When you come to our place, we’ll play at our time”.

6 years ago we hosted a private school in the 2nd round who wanted an afternoon game because the night game conflicted with Saturday mass (or something along those lines).  Well...too bad we only play night games at Kaneland
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:04 pm

If you can't mutually agree on a time or day to play the game, the IHSA will automatically set game time for 1pm Saturday. It is not up to the home school. This is known as the Coach Craig Rule.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:14 pm

What is the story behind the name of the rule?
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Life is all about choices and priorities.

Those clowns over on edgy are totally expecting the world to cater to their needs, acting like entitled asswipes.
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:36 pm

Someone needs to tell those St. Viator kids that college is not for everyone.

Those entitled little asswipes.

Maybe a career in the military would straighten them out.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:00 pm

My original question still remains.

I apologize in advance if this thread creates the usual factions where the private school guys favor the private school side of the issue regardless of the details while the public school guys do the same for the side of the public school.
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Teetime wrote:Someone needs to tell those St. Viator kids that college is not for everyone.

Those entitled little asswipes.

Maybe a career in the military would straighten them out.

It is offered 7 times a year.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:45 pm

Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:46 pm

ging wrote:My original question still remains.

I apologize in advance if this thread creates the usual factions where the private school guys favor the private school side of the issue regardless of the details while the public school guys do the same for the side of the public school.

Only issues I’ve ever heard of were not wanting night games due to length of travel.
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:12 pm

The best part of that thread is HHSTigerfan claiming to be a teacher. He has a sub license and no certification.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:50 pm

ging wrote:as some of you may have seen on edgy's, a couple of st viator folks weren't very happy with sterling regarding the 1:00 start time on saturday.  so much so that they took their grievance to the ihsa, who said the game would go on at 1:00.  the biggest/only hang-up they had was the ACT scheduled for saturday morning.  apparently they have some players who are scheduled to take it, but can't now (or will take it and have to miss the football game)

any other schools dealing with complaints over the start time because of a conflict with ACT testing?

This happened in 2006 when Bremen came down to play Richwoods. The Chicago press jumped on Richwoods for their lack of empathy towards education. My father put it the best way by saying that if education was that important to Bremen then the team bus should be a few kids lighter when they come down for the game. The game time was not changed and Bremen went back home with a loss and kids needing new test dates.

Look, the kids know what the season schedule is therefore it is incumbent on them to schedule a test date that does not coincide with their athletic schedule. I know I played during the dark ages but there was a very good reason I took my ACT in June...because I knew it would not conflict with anything.

Of course little did I know that the Bon Jovi concert scheduled for May would be postponed until the night before the test, thus leaving me with a late night and having to stare at a hot blonde the next day at the test wearing her Slippery When Wet t-shirt. Twisted Evil
Reggie
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:47 am

Registration for this test took place weeks ago. These scheduling conflicts should not come as a surprise to anyone with access to a calendar. Coaches, counselors, and others who advise those students should be aware of the possible conflicts and should advise those student athletes accordingly. Players should not register, and schools should not operate, under the assumption that they will be able to negotiate their way into resolving these scheduling conflicts simply because they think they have the moral and academic high ground.

Football players who register for the test should know full well that blocking out several hours on the Saturday of the first round of the playoffs could result in a conflict. Making an informed choice to put academics over sports is laudable, but students who make that choice cannot expect everyone else's choices to revolve around theirs.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:46 pm

ramblinman wrote:Registration for this test took place weeks ago. These scheduling conflicts should not come as a surprise to anyone with access to a calendar. Coaches, counselors, and others who advise those students should be aware of the possible conflicts and should advise those student athletes accordingly. Players should not register, and schools should not operate, under the assumption that they will be able to negotiate their way into resolving these scheduling conflicts simply because they think they have the moral and academic high ground.

Football players who register for the test should know full well that blocking out several hours on the Saturday of the first round of the playoffs could result in a conflict. Making an informed choice to put academics over sports is laudable, but students who make that choice cannot expect everyone else's choices to revolve around theirs.

Beautiful.
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top