Stockton area eats

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stockton area eats

Post by Head Skin on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:32 pm

90% likely I'll be heading up to Stockton Saturday to catch their first round match up against some lunatic I know's team. †Any quality eating suggestions in the area I should check out?
avatar
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Posts : 8744
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by Teetime on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:44 pm


_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5861
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by 19delta on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:08 pm

Head Skin wrote:90% likely I'll be heading up to Stockton Saturday to catch their first round match up against some lunatic I know's team. †Any quality eating suggestions in the area I should check out?

Which way are you going? If you come through Freeport, I HIGHLY recommend Manny's. Get yourself a large pizza and at least three tacos.

Or, you can do what everyone else does when they go to Stockton and just go to the McDonald's on US 20 on the northeast side of town... Very Happy
avatar
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3155
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by ging on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:49 am

or if you come through sterling or Dixon, stop at angelo's 2 (sterling) or 3 (Dixon)
avatar
ging
Douche
Douche

Posts : 2337
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 49
Location : Sterling, IL

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by Head Skin on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Probably up 51 then West. Google maps says 4 hours from Sullivan. Probably will have lil Head with me (stealing sifbís idea). Donít know if Iíll have time before the game with running and a 4 hour drive. Maybe a post game treat.

Thanks guys and keep the suggestions coming.
avatar
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Posts : 8744
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Head Skin wrote:Probably up 51 then West. †Google maps says 4 hours from Sullivan. †Probably will have lil Head with me (stealing sifbís idea). †Donít know if Iíll have time before the game with running and a 4 hour drive. †Maybe a post game treat.

Thanks guys and keep the suggestions coming.

It's been a great time for me this season. I hope you enjoy the time as much as I did traveling around to different games.
avatar
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Posts : 703
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by Head Skin on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Iíll enjoy it. I donít know how much he will.
avatar
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Posts : 8744
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by 19delta on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:24 pm

ging wrote:or if you come through sterling or Dixon, stop at angelo's 2 (sterling) or 3 (Dixon)

Also, the Candlelight Inn in Sterling is really good. Chicken George is the specialty.

Regarding Manny's...I know from some of your previous posts that you are a little picky about pizza. Manny's pizza is ultra thin crust. Crispy but pretty greasy. The tacos come in a deep-fried taco shells. I like the pizza and tacos a lot but that might not be your thing.
avatar
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3155
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by 19delta on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:26 pm

There's also a new Portillo's in Rockford. Just opened last year, I think. You will probably take 39/51 north to US 20 so Portillo's would not be too far out of the way.
avatar
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3155
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by 19delta on Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:14 pm

So where did you guys eat? I've been waiting for the review!
avatar
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3155
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by #35 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:18 pm

Manny's has the best tacos I've ever had. Another place is in Pearl City, the Rt. 73 Brew & Chew, best hand battered chicken I've ever had.

#35
Bee-otch

Posts : 296
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by Head Skin on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:44 pm

19delta wrote:So where did you guys eat? I've been waiting for the review!
Because of time constraints we ate at Subway in Rochelle- actually in our car on the way- and Hooters in BN on the way home.

Wanted to sample local fare, but had to get to the game at least 15 mins ahead of game time to help out.
avatar
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Posts : 8744
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by 19delta on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:00 pm

Head Skin wrote:
19delta wrote:So where did you guys eat? I've been waiting for the review!
Because of time constraints we ate at Subway in Rochelle- actually in our car on the way- and Hooters in BN on the way home.

Wanted to sample local fare, but had to get to the game at least 15 mins ahead of game time to help out.

You took your boy to Hooters, Head Skin? You ARE a true American hero!

cheers
avatar
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3155
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by Head Skin on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:06 pm

He chose it from a list of 10 options in BN.

I asked why. "They just have really good food."
avatar
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Posts : 8744
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockton area eats

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum