Pre-game "disrespect"...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pre-game "disrespect"...

Post by 19delta on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:09 pm

We had an incident during pre-game last night. The team we were playing was standing at midfield on our logo (it was painted on the field) and several of their players were standing on our side of the 50-yard line.

Typically, our guys line up at the end line and then sprint to the 50. Last night, our kids sprinted to the 50 and then ran through the kids from the other team and pushed them back on the other side of the 50. There was a brief scrum. Pushing, shoving, some 4-letter words. A couple punches were apparently thrown.

Obviously, this is not the way to handle the situation. But, if you are a head coach and you come out for pre-game and the other team is on your side of the field and is purposefully trying to provoke some trouble, how do you deal with it?

My initial thought was to blame the officials because they were not on the field when the incident started.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre-game "disrespect"...

Post by OldTitan on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:51 pm

I'm on the field before my team. I just call the other coach over and ask him nicely to move his team to his half of the field. Never had a problem.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:20 am

We have a head coach in our conference who this year stood at the 50 pregame and yelling at our players trying to bait them into crossing over to his teams side in front of the refs. He has done this to us on a couple of occasions. Particulary when his team is not favored to win. Our kids were told before the game about how much of a dick he is and they did not respond. He also yells poison at the returners from the other team during kickoffs. His first year in our conference on two occasions he walked his team right through the other teams pregame stretch. The second time he did this it almost caused a fight between himself and and the opposing head coach. That one carried over into the game as seven players ended up getting ejected during a brawl early in the game. I don't think he has pulled that stunt since.

This guy also last year changed the jersey of his best player the day of the game, put another kid in street clothes in his jersey on the sideline. I figured it out by looking at twitter from the press box as the reporter covering our game had the right number for the player. Too bad he torched us for 85 yard td before we figured it out.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:01 am

mc140 wrote:
This guy also last year changed the jersey of his best player the day of the game, put another kid in street clothes in his jersey on the sideline. I figured it out by looking at twitter from the press box as the reporter covering our game had the right number for the player. Too bad he torched us for 85 yard td before we figured it out.

Unethical. Man is in coaching for all the wrong reasons.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach53 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:51 am

mc140 wrote:We have a head coach in our conference who this year stood at the 50 pregame and yelling at our players trying to bait them into crossing over to his teams side in front of the refs. He has done this to us on a couple of occasions. Particulary when his team is not favored to win. Our kids were told before the game about how much of a dick he is and they did not respond. He also yells poison at the returners from the other team during kickoffs. His first year in our conference on two occasions he walked his team right through the other teams pregame stretch. The second time he did this it almost caused a fight between himself and and the opposing head coach. That one carried over into the game as seven players ended up getting ejected during a brawl early in the game. I don't think he has pulled that stunt since.

Sounds like a real solid individual...

Coach53
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:05 am

mc140 wrote:His first year in our conference on two occasions he walked his team right through the other teams pregame stretch.
The MFers did this in their 2015 trip to CG.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:48 pm

mc said-yelling at our players trying to bait them into crossing over to his teams side in front of the refs.

the refs suck and have no nads. 15 yarder on the head coach to start the game.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 am

We had teams come out for pre-game and walk up our sideline to get to their half of the field for warm ups. Nothing too mouthy that I can remember, especially from a coach, but most teams walked past the endzone to their sideline before taking the field. We were always out before the other team, so we never experienced someone warming up on our end before we got there.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tito-landrum on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:39 am

I once knew a coach who would take all the toilet paper out of the visiting teams locker room after he discovered they were eating breakfast at McDonald's.
He also was a co-conspirator and called into a local radio station giving the opposing head coaches cell # and stating he had NFL tickets for sale real cheap. He didn't. This was 3 hours before a game. The opposing coaches phone was ringing nonstop leading up to the game.
tito-landrum
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:42 am

tito-landrum wrote:I once knew a coach who would take all the toilet paper out of the visiting teams locker room after he discovered they were eating breakfast at McDonald's.
He also was a co-conspirator and called into a local radio station giving the opposing head coaches cell # and stating he had NFL tickets for sale real cheap. He didn't. This was 3 hours before a game. The opposing coaches phone was ringing nonstop leading up to the game.

I can totally picture a coach I know doing that.

Seems really crappy to do.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Havent seen such disrespect since Rick James went stomping his feet on Charlie Murphys white couch
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top