U8 Cahokia Team Kneels During Anthem

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: U8 Cahokia Team Kneels During Anthem

Post by Head Skin on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:25 pm

Teetime wrote:President Trump jumped into this thread last night in Alabama and came down on the side of Pike Bishop and newcom.

Trump is picking a fight with probably the only worse leader of an organization in America with Goodell.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:33 pm

Teetime wrote:President Trump jumped into this thread last night in Alabama and came down on the side of Pike Bishop and newcom.

a
When my son in law graduates from the State Police Academy, odds are he will be assigned to Chicago, because that s$$t show has spread to the suburbs and interstates around Chicago. My oldest daughter twice, the second time with my two year old granddaughter, had to deal with getting home safely through protests based on a false narrative and or against police officers who were exonerated. I care less what Trump said. The actions of groups who turned Micheal Brown into the Horst Wessel of their movement and another, Lamar Smith, into Rosa Parks. Their actions have affected my family and will probably have an affect on my family in the future. I could not look my son in law or any police officer I know in the eye to support a movement that has openly supported the death of police officers. If Kapearnick wanted a job, he shouldn't of turned down the $15m he was offered. He choose to take his chances for more money on the free market and it didn't work out. He wears a t-shirt with a sadistic, communist, racist, murderer of Cubans on it in Miami. He expressed his support of Che. That great PR move blew any chance of Miami picking him up when they were looking for a back-up QB. When the Ravens showed interest, his dumb ass girlfriend disrespected one of the great players in their organization (yes, Ray
Lewis had issues, but this is not about him). Another great PR move. He has stated he is not disrespecting the
military that's like the excuse that 95% of Confederate soldiers who were non slave owners who were fighting for their rights and land. They will still fighting to keep slavery. Then there is the NFL, a class act. It has showed
their support of these protests, fine. But let's fine players who want to show their support of 9/11 victims or
Dallas when they want to put a decal on their helmet to show their support of slain police officers who went to he sound of the guns to protect protesters at a BLM rally. Kapearnick was not fired. He took his chances on the
free market and lost. He choose to protest his beliefs on the job and that has not worked out. Time will tell if someone feels he is worth the money and/or the baggage and drama he has. He is not owed a job.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:01 am

Why are NFL teams even out for the anthem? Why don't they just play the anthem while they're in the locker room and then do the overblown stupid intros after?

Why haven't they always done this?
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Head Skin wrote:Why are NFL teams even out for the anthem?  Why don't they just play the anthem while they're in the locker room and then do the overblown stupid intros after?

Why haven't they always done this?
f

Most high schools that I coached at, colleges now, and back when I played when Jesus was a corporal, are/where in the locker room when the anthem was played.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:47 pm

The Steelers stayed in their locker room today during the anthem with the exception of one player, who is a military veteran. Maybe it was bad karma as they lost to the Bears in OT.
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:35 am

One thing the NFL needs to address that has more to do with declining ratings is something I've talked about for years- their product is incredibly boring to watch. Between the million replays and challenges and commercials, it takes close to 3 1/2 to 4 hours to play a freaking 60 minute game.

And that's without addressing the blandness of scheme, parity, concussions, or their idiot leadership. The protests are the low hanging fruit for why ratings have dropped, but the NFL has a bunch of problems.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:29 am

OSUBucks wrote:The Steelers stayed in their locker room today during the anthem with the exception of one player, who is a military veteran.

sort of.  but...

as you can see, there were steelers players and staff who were standing in the tunnel during the anthem.  they were not in the locker room as many in the media wanted you to believe.
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:45 am

I actually just posted this on pjstar. This is how I interpreted it based on media reports:

One thing people seem to be missing on the Alejandro Villanueva/Steelers thing is that the team staying in the tunnel wasn't the protest; Tomlin told them that they either did something united as team or they didn't participate at all, which is why they stayed in the tunnel.

I'm sure Villanueva then told them as a military guy he had to at least be out there, which was accepted by the rest of the team. I guess I just feel at least in this case it's much ado about nothing.
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:58 am

wolverine55 wrote: I just feel at least in this case it's much ado about nothing.

that's often the case, in my opinion.

also, i found it interesting that cbs chose to show the anthem prior to the bears/steelers game. the networks rarely show the anthem during regular season games, if ever.
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:09 am

ging wrote:
wolverine55 wrote: I just feel at least in this case it's much ado about nothing.

also, i found it interesting that cbs chose to show the anthem prior to the bears/steelers game.  the networks rarely show the anthem during regular season games, if ever.
Yes, the media is lapping up anything to do with this “controversy”.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Head Skin wrote:
ging wrote:

also, i found it interesting that cbs chose to show the anthem prior to the bears/steelers game.  the networks rarely show the anthem during regular season games, if ever.
Yes, the media is lapping up anything to do with this “controversy”.

I noticed this as well on Sunday.

Wouldn't the best solution be the easiest....just stop playing/performing the anthem before sporting events. Then there will be no controversy to talk about. I'm as patriotic as the next guy but with all of the political correctness we have to have these days, might as well stop playing it so that we don't offend anyone.

I'm okay with people protesting but I am not so sure many people were even sure what the protest was about. Then Trump couldn't keep his mouth shut so now the attention isn't toward Kaepernics original protest, it is now people disagreeing with Trump.

With all the things going on in this country, it's very sad that this is what we are concerned with. It makes me think there is something else bigger going on and this is just the gov't distracting us from the real issues.
dusty7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:37 am

Much like all annoying things in sports, we can blame this fiasco on the Cubs.

Laughing Laughing

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/6957582/the-history-national-anthem-sports-espn-magazine
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:11 pm

Trump and his AG can't be serious can they? I'm thinking maybe dusty has a point about Trump just distracting people from how bad things are going for his administration.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-call-for-nfl-rule-requiring-players-to-stand-for-anthem/
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:17 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Trump and his AG can't be serious can they? I'm thinking maybe dusty has a point about Trump just distracting people from how bad things are going for his administration.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-call-for-nfl-rule-requiring-players-to-stand-for-anthem/

The sad thing is that I would guarantee that there are millions of mouthbreathers in this country who would enthusiastically support this.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:03 pm

Teetime wrote: Kapernick ..... I'm not sure why you would conflate military service with law enforcement service.

I'm not sure why Kapernick is conflating law enforcement transgressions with our national anthem. It seems a stretch.

That'd be like wanting to protest the Catholic church's shielding of pedophile priests, so you go march at the Little League World Series.... they're not related. Why is our national anthem related to alleged police brutality?

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:23 pm

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:29 pm

So you think America -- as a nation -- oppresses black people. Mmmm. Apartheid South Africa, maybe, but the U.S.? There are racists here... maybe alot of them. Some are even black. But I don't define my country based on ANY subset of citizen's actions. Should women sit for the anthem because in the past they couldn't vote. Or (supposedly) make less money than men?

About the only group that has a real beef with "the United States" are native Americans who had treaties with said entity. I could understand members of the Navaho "nation" not celebrating our nation.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:59 am

BirdWatcher wrote:

About the only group that has a real beef with "the United States" are native Americans who had treaties with said entity.   I could understand members of the Navaho "nation" not celebrating our nation.

close enough
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top