U8 Cahokia Team Kneels During Anthem

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: U8 Cahokia Team Kneels During Anthem

Post by tincup1215 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:07 pm

Ghengis Khan wrote:Aren't our soldiers fighting for the freedom of Americans?
To choose how we live our lives? Where we buy our homes? What we eat? What religion we partake in? What career we choose?
To make sure that we remain a free country where our citizens can protest peacefully if they perceive injustices?

Bingo.
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:35 pm

To choose how we live our lives? Where we buy our homes? What we eat? What religion we partake in? What career we choose?

To make sure that we remain a free country where our citizens can protest peacefully if they perceive injustices?

Well said!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:15 pm

Teetime wrote:

Well said!

a

My father, grandfather, and father in law were veterans. My son in law spent two tours in Afganistan and is in the current State Police recruit class. I have coached many kids who were in the service or are in law enforcement. If I'm watching an NFL game and if they have players kneeling or I know they done it in the past, I turn the game off. If players want to protest, I feel they should do it on their own time. I want to watch the game, not have to deal with a political and social circus. A good friend of mine brother coached in the NFL for over 30 years. His brother said the reason Kapernick is not playing is he's not good enough. He can't read defenses. Wearing a Che shirt (communist thug, murder, persecuted Black Cubans), in a press conference in Miami didn't help his cause. I heard that the Ravens were ready to sign him, but when his wife or girlfriend started to post negative comments about Ray Rice, they withdrew the offer. Is he worth the distraction/controversy that will come with him? Yes, the NFL has a mixed record on what s$$t shows play or are suspended.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:31 pm

His girlfriend said Ray Lewis was Biscotti's slave.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:49 pm

Since the Kaepernick kneeling controversy started I have heard men currently serving in the armed forces say this same thing.
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Pike Bishop wrote:My father, grandfather, and father in law were veterans. My son in law spent two tours in Afganistan and is in the current State Police recruit class. I have coached many kids who were in the service or are in law enforcement. If I'm watching an NFL game and if they have players kneeling or I know they done it in the past, I turn the game off. If players want to protest, I feel they should do it on their own time. I want to watch the game, not have to deal with a political and social circus. A good friend of mine brother coached in the NFL for over 30 years. His brother said the reason Kapernick is not playing is he's not good enough. He can't read defenses. Wearing a Che shirt (communist thug, murder, persecuted Black Cubans), in a press conference in Miami didn't help his cause. I heard that the Ravens were ready to sign him, but when his wife or girlfriend started to post negative comments about Ray Rice, they withdrew the offer. Is he worth the distraction/controversy that will come with him? Yes, the NFL has a mixed record on what s$$t shows play or are suspended.

My guess is that almost all of us have family who have served in the military. Thank God we do.

What Kapernick has to say has nothing to do with the military. In the military all men are treated equally today, and the various branches of the military are very careful to insure that is the case. That equal treatment didn't happen all by itself. It was a struggle. Police departments don't have as stellar a record in racial relations as the military and I'm not sure why you would conflate military service with law enforcement service. They are certainly not equal. I know police officers like to think they are equivalent, I don't think military officers think they are.

The premise here was that Kapernick had better stats than many QB's that kept their jobs. You can say he can't read defenses, but how do you account for his QB rating being higher that working QB's?

If we are going to keep a guy from working or kick a bunch of eight year old kids out of their league for passive protests then the aggrieved will learn that peaceful protests are not worth the effort. Non-peaceful protests will follow.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Pike Bishop wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Well said!

a

My father, grandfather, and father in law were veterans. My son in law spent two tours in Afganistan and is in the current State Police recruit class. I have coached many kids who were in the service or are in law enforcement. If I'm watching an NFL game and if they have players kneeling or I know they done it in the past, I turn the game off. If players want to protest, I feel they should do it on their own time. I want to watch the game, not have to deal with a political and social circus. A good friend of mine brother coached in the NFL for over 30 years. His brother said the reason Kapernick is not playing is he's not good enough. He can't read defenses. Wearing a Che shirt (communist thug, murder, persecuted Black Cubans), in a press conference in Miami didn't help his cause. I heard that the Ravens were ready to sign him, but when his wife or girlfriend started to post negative comments about Ray Rice, they withdrew the offer. Is he worth the distraction/controversy that will come with him? Yes, the NFL has a mixed record on what s$$t shows play or are suspended.

+1.

it was a venturi. jim? john?
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:51 pm

The NFL is worried about punishing Zeke and ridding themselves of Kaepernick. They have a much bigger problem though. The CTE issue will only cause them more problems as time goes on.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-hernandez-had-severe-cte-nfl-and-patriots-to-be-sued-on-behalf-of-daughter/
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Teetime wrote:
Pike Bishop wrote:My father, grandfather, and father in law were veterans. My son in law spent two tours in Afganistan and is in the current State Police recruit class. I have coached many kids who were in the service or are in law enforcement. If I'm watching an NFL game and if they have players kneeling or I know they done it in the past, I turn the game off. If players want to protest, I feel they should do it on their own time. I want to watch the game, not have to deal with a political and social circus. A good friend of mine brother coached in the NFL for over 30 years. His brother said the reason Kapernick is not playing is he's not good enough. He can't read defenses. Wearing a Che shirt (communist thug, murder, persecuted Black Cubans), in a press conference in Miami didn't help his cause. I heard that the Ravens were ready to sign him, but when his wife or girlfriend started to post negative comments about Ray Rice, they withdrew the offer. Is he worth the distraction/controversy that will come with him? Yes, the NFL has a mixed record on what s$$t shows play or are suspended.

My guess is that almost all of us have family who have served in the military. Thank God we do.

What Kapernick has to say has nothing to do with the military. In the military all men are treated equally today, and the various branches of the military are very careful to insure that is the case. That equal treatment didn't happen all by itself. It was a struggle. Police departments don't have as stellar a record in racial relations as the military and I'm not sure why you would conflate military service with law enforcement service. They are certainly not equal. I know police officers like to think they are equivalent, I don't think military officers think they are.

The premise here was that Kapernick had better stats than many QB's that kept their jobs. You can say he can't read defenses, but how do you account for his QB rating being higher that working QB's?

If we are going to keep a guy from working or kick a bunch of eight year old kids out of their league for passive protests then the aggrieved will learn that peaceful protests are not worth the effort. Non-peaceful protests will follow.

My son in law is going to be a state policeman. I have coached kids that are in law enforcement. I know there are people that are in law enforcement that are slugs. The ones I know are not. They do not wake up in the morning hoping they can kill a black guy today, or the African American officers I know kill a white guy. he wants to protest, do it on his own time. Jim Brown recently stated does he (Kapernick) want to be a player or an activist? Does he have stats higher than some of the current QB's? Yes. Any coach will tell you that a player, regardless of his ability and stats, that has a lot of baggage and the possibility of causing excess drama, is a liability. I have no idea if NFL owners are black balling him. It's going to come down to what an owner and coach is willing to tolerate. I can't agree with when these players protest. I choose to turn the channel. Others feel Kapernick is getting screwed, so they turn the channel. One gets some great opinions and views on this site. Those opinions or views rarely get changed no matter how many opposing posts are made.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:33 pm

net wrote:
Pike Bishop wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Well said!

a

+1.

it was a venturi. jim? john?

There is no Jim. Rick

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Head Skin wrote:His girlfriend said Ray Lewis was Biscotti's slave.

Yes, Ray Lewis not Ray Rice

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:37 am

Core Values in this country are going in the crapper, To not show some respect for a symbol of our country and all those who died for it is a shame. Those overpriced pieces of crap who choose to protest in this way have never lost a person in this manner is my bet and if they had they would choose a another and more effective way to protest like donating money to the cause of those who have bee wrongly prosecuted.
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:20 am

OSUBucks wrote:The NFL is worried about punishing Zeke and ridding themselves of Kaepernick. They have a much bigger problem though. The CTE issue will only cause them more problems as time goes on.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-hernandez-had-severe-cte-nfl-and-patriots-to-be-sued-on-behalf-of-daughter/

Maybe he was a murderer and gangster who did drugs and happened to play football and have CTE? I think it's going to be pretty hard to make the correlation that the CTE caused him to be a thug, even all the way back to his Florida days. If any of you follow Coach Fore on Twitter, he makes some good points about the "studies" done on CTE...has anyone ever checked normal deaths for CTE? Or Alzheimer's patients? What if CTE is prevalent in more people? There are a lot of questions about CTE that aren't even being asked.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:41 am

I still would like someone to at least question the role of other factors on CTE.  Roids, coke, alcohol, HGH, etc.  Football is far from the only negative thing these guys are doing to their bodies, but football is the only thing anyone wants to focus on.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 4-4 stack on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:48 am

Head Skin wrote:I still would like someone to at least question the role of other factors on CTE.  Roids, coke, alcohol, HGH, etc.  Football is far from the only negative thing these guys are doing to their bodies, but football is the only thing anyone wants to focus on.

That's because coach we are supposed to coddle and feel sad and snowflake(ish) whenever this happens. Oh poor such and such they say. Blame the guns, blame the drugs, blame others. Don't ever, ever blame yourself for doing things. Just blame others. That's how the left wants it.

Here a thought, how about blame yourself for making stupid ass choices.

4-4 stack
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:10 am

Head Skin wrote:I still would like someone to at least question the role of other factors on CTE.  Roids, coke, alcohol, HGH, etc.  Football is far from the only negative thing these guys are doing to their bodies, but football is the only thing anyone wants to focus on.

You mean PCP isn't a positive?

SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 am

I don't think too many believe that CTE makes good people go bad. I think it's delusional to suggest that there's not a relationship between high impact sports like football and CTE though.
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:37 am

OSUBucks wrote:I don't think too many believe that CTE makes good people go bad. I think it's delusional to suggest that there's not a relationship between high impact sports like football and CTE though.

Completely agree. I think if you don't study the disease and possible causes, then you aren't doing your diligence. It's obvious head injury and repetitive impacts are a major cause of CTE. But are there other activities that can create the same results we see in these football player studies? I'm a science teacher, so I'm looking for a control group, and I've yet to see a study that included one. The fact it's only posthumously discoverable, makes it more difficult. I only hope the game is still around for my son to play.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:18 pm

newcom wrote:Core Values in this country are going in the crapper, To not show some respect for a symbol of our country and all those who died for it is a shame. Those overpriced pieces of crap who choose to protest in this way have never lost a person in this manner is my bet and if they had they would choose a another and more effective way to protest like donating money to the cause of those who have bee wrongly prosecuted.

I'm gonna +1 this. Even though I disagree sir, I will defend and respect your freedom to say it.
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:28 pm

NFL players have the right to peacefully protest.
NFL owners have the right to hire the players that they want.
NFL fans have the right to not watch.
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Doctor D wrote:NFL players have the right to peacefully protest.
NFL owners have the right to hire the players that they want.
NFL fans have the right to not watch.  

ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:09 pm

tincup1215 wrote:
newcom wrote:Core Values in this country are going in the crapper, To not show some respect for a symbol of our country and all those who died for it is a shame. Those overpriced pieces of crap who choose to protest in this way have never lost a person in this manner is my bet and if they had they would choose a another and more effective way to protest like donating money to the cause of those who have bee wrongly prosecuted.

I'm gonna +1 this.  Even though I disagree sir, I will defend and respect your freedom to say it.  

Not me. I didn't -1 the remark, but I'm not +1 either.

Kapernick's protest has nothing to do with the military, he says what it's about. Newcom, you are turning it into something that it is not. You need to understand that you have also conflated military service with police service and in doing so you have created a red herring that you can boo and hiss at. Kapernick's fight is a result of dead black men who should not be dead......and no amount of money will correct their conviction and sentencing out on the street. Aside from that, he contributes lots of his own money to causes he supports. None of those donations get people talking about the real problem, and it won't get fixed until it's talked about.

newcom has every right to write what he did, and I have every right to show him where he is wrong.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:20 pm

newcom has every right to write what he did, and I have every right to show him where he is wrong.

I have the right to applaud both your rights regardless of who is right, right?
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:35 pm

Absolutely!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:27 pm

President Trump jumped into this thread last night in Alabama and came down on the side of Pike Bishop and newcom.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top