Birds 0-4???

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Birds 0-4???

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Head Skin wrote:Sounds like they have bigger fish to fry with school being closed today.  Metamora that is.

Yeah, I saw that too. Pjstar board has some thoughts on it.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:19 pm

Head Skin wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:They weren't happy with Coach Couch(?).
My God people are stupid.

Remember that these are the same fans who drove Tim Kane out of town over a decade ago because, "He just won't listen to us!" Twisted Evil
Reggie
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:55 am

I'd have no issues with my kid playing for either of those programs I saw last Friday. I thought they played the game hard, both had great sportsmanship, and the schemes seemed to fit their talents very well. I thought both were well prepared teams. Now that I've had a couple years out of coaching, and have had an opportunity to sit back and watch games from afar (or up close), it really is amazing the things that I know my wife and kids had to sit and listen to from the "average" fan....about a program that won 150 games in my 16 years coaching, and 2 state runner ups.

The expectations parents have of their own kid, let alone the coaches, is almost sad. It's taken a lot of enjoyment out of the game for kids, and I think why you have seen a lot of coaches leave before their time is up.

Hijacked
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:29 am

I haven't been in the stands for a game since High School. I watch every home game from the opposing team's sideline or on the fence at away games mainly because I don't want to hear any of the stuff that gets said in the stands by parents.
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:33 pm

there's a lot of that going around ^

i can't remember the last time i sat in the stands at a high school football game.
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Had a super fan at my last place of employment ask me just prior to kickoff of the Arcola/LeRoy semifinal game “How the \"f\"ing did you manage to lose to Arcola by 60? We never lo....”

I said, “have you seen them play?” No. Well, they’re really good. They went on to running clock LeRoy on the way to running clocking in the championship.

People are stupid. That guy was a former CG school board member on top of it.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:22 pm

Head Skin wrote:Had a super fan at my last place of employment ask me just prior to kickoff of the Arcola/LeRoy semifinal game “How the \"f\"ing did you manage to lose to Arcola by 60?  We never lo....”

I said, “have you seen them play?” No.  Well, they’re really good.  They went on to running clock LeRoy on the way to running clocking in the championship.

People are stupid.  That guy was a former CG school board member on top of it.

Reminds me of a story I heard a few years back about one of the Dunlap JFL coaches. He could never figure out why Dunlap was stuck in 5-4 land because "My teams always beat (insert Metamora, Washington, etc.) at in JFL!" Um, maybe because at least one of those teams had multiple JFL teams that split the talent equally and, oh, because IT WAS JUST JFL! Rolling Eyes
Reggie
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:35 pm

tincup1215 wrote:I haven't been in the stands for a game since High School.  I watch every home game from the opposing team's sideline or on the fence at away games mainly because I don't want to hear any of the stuff that gets said in the stands by parents.  

I couldn't stand to sit with the parents when I was one. Now I always sit on the visitors side. Those fans are also idiots, but I don't have a man crush on their coach like I do on the SHG coaches.

Unless the visitors are from Chatham....those people smell funny in addition to being idiots.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Head Skin wrote:Had a super fan at my last place of employment ask me just prior to kickoff of the Arcola/LeRoy semifinal game “How the \"f\"ing did you manage to lose to Arcola by 60?  We never lo....”

I said, “have you seen them play?” No.  Well, they’re really good.  They went on to running clock LeRoy on the way to running clocking in the championship.

you shouldn't have said a word. just smiled and waved. i know it's hard to do, but you have the upper hand in that situation.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:23 pm

tincup1215 wrote:I haven't been in the stands for a game since High School.  I watch every home game from the opposing team's sideline or on the fence at away games mainly because I don't want to hear any of the stuff that gets said in the stands by parents.  

If you come down Friday we'll be standing.......no more cushy season tickets for me.
4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:18 pm

net wrote:

you shouldn't have said a word. just smiled and waved. i know it's hard to do, but you have the upper hand in that situation.
Probably. I have a real problem with idiots who choose to confront me. It's like my kryptonite. See my many arguments here.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:47 am

4a(6afornet)north wrote:

If you come down Friday we'll be standing.......no more cushy season tickets for me.

Just got "promoted" to be the tech guy for the football team now, so I get to set up the endzone camera and connect all the gadgets and gizmos, so I will be there for sure Friday
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:04 pm

tincup1215 wrote:
4a(6afornet)north wrote:

Just got "promoted" to be the tech guy for the football team now, so I get to set up the endzone camera and connect all the gadgets and gizmos, so I will be there for sure Friday

Will see you there.
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top