Weather Week 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weather Week 2

Post by Bighitter11 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Awesome weather once again for some Friday Night Football. Is it just me or are the Dog days of August and September getting more and more mild each year. I remember Week 2 in 2011 when Center and his crew came to town and it was hot as blazes I think heat index over 100 for the game.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Re: Weather Week 2

Post by crusader on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Was thinking last night, WOW - I have my windows open in August. Then later, I thought, WOW - I need to CLOSE my windows - it got cold!
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:56 pm

Southeast Iowa/Western IL for next week:  several days with projected overnight lows in the upper-40s Shocked
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:38 pm

I remember a year...Maybe 15 years ago, on the first day of practice it was in the 50s. Cold and windy. And pretty much stayed that way the entire preseason. Then we had a heat wave settle in a couple days before the first game. That first Friday night, it was like 90+degrees with super high humidity. Refs had to stop the game between series to let the kids get water. That was a crazy year for weather.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:45 pm

Week 2 - 2011 we played at Carterville, and their Thursday game time temp on the field was over 120. So we moved it to Friday night. The next year was when Hurricane Isaac (?) moved up the Mississippi, so our home game was moved up to Friday again to avoid the torrential rains. 2013 game at Carterville was kept on a Saturday despite 90+ temps and 100+ heat indexes. Crazy 3 years in that series.

2013 still marks the only loss Dick Duval ever had south of I-72, if my memory is correct.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:52 am

Bighitter11 wrote:Awesome weather once again for some Friday Night Football.  Is it just me or are the Dog days of August and September getting more and more mild each year.  I remember Week 2 in 2011 when Center and his crew came to town and it was hot as blazes I think heat index over 100 for the game.

Remember that game well hitter. Especially the kiddy pools filled with ice water on each sideline.

Not one kid cramped on either side that night either.

Beautiful temps tonight.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:54 am

19delta wrote:I remember a year...Maybe 15 years ago, on the first day of practice it was in the 50s. Cold and windy. And pretty much stayed that way the entire preseason. Then we had a heat wave settle in a couple days before the first game. That first Friday night, it was like 90+degrees with super high humidity. Refs had to stop the game between series to let the kids get water. That was a crazy year for weather.

I think that was 2004. Wore hooded sweatshirts the first week of practice. Week one games had horrible humidity.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:53 pm

SIFBCoach7 wrote:Week 2 - 2011 we played at Carterville, and their Thursday game time temp on the field was over 120.  So we moved it to Friday night.  The next year was when Hurricane Isaac (?) moved up the Mississippi, so our home game was moved up to Friday again to avoid the torrential rains.  2013 game at Carterville was kept on a Saturday despite 90+ temps and 100+ heat indexes.  Crazy 3 years in that series.

2013 still marks the only loss Dick Duval ever had south of I-72, if my memory is correct.
Technically, Tolono is south of I72...
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:58 pm

center wrote:
19delta wrote:I remember a year...Maybe 15 years ago, on the first day of practice it was in the 50s. Cold and windy. And pretty much stayed that way the entire preseason. Then we had a heat wave settle in a couple days before the first game. That first Friday night, it was like 90+degrees with super high humidity. Refs had to stop the game between series to let the kids get water. That was a crazy year for weather.

I think that was 2004. Wore hooded sweatshirts the first week of practice. Week one games had horrible humidity.
04 is correct. Semifinal year at the Ville that year. Distinctly remember wearing hoodies in two a days and then week 1 was terrible. Had about 5 kids puking in the huddle in the 4th Qrtr, oddly enough at Sullivan, as the refs were pushing to get the game over before a thunderstorm hit. IIRC, we were the only game in the Okaw to get done.

11 was a disaster too. We played in Salt Fork and were one of the few games to go off at 7. Many were moved back, but we had something going on the next morning so we were a no.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus on Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Head Skin wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:Week 2 - 2011 we played at Carterville, and their Thursday game time temp on the field was over 120.  So we moved it to Friday night.  The next year was when Hurricane Isaac (?) moved up the Mississippi, so our home game was moved up to Friday again to avoid the torrential rains.  2013 game at Carterville was kept on a Saturday despite 90+ temps and 100+ heat indexes.  Crazy 3 years in that series.

Is St. Joe South of 72? Monticello is for sure and in 91, we went there week 2 and won in a game that started about 9:00pm. Most of our fans had left and went back to Monticello because there was no timetable set for the game. It was pouring and lightning everywhere. Refs were pulling kids off piles on the sidelines because the people on the bottom could get their faces submerged in the wrong places. There was that much water in places.

Weather here in Illinois at the begin of a season is totally a crap shoot. Our JV game tonight is not looking pretty weather wise. 100% chance of thunderstorms tonight at 6pm.

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:58 pm

general maximus wrote:
Head Skin wrote:

Is St. Joe South of 72?  Monticello is for sure and in 91, we went there week 2 and won in a game that started about 9:00pm.  Most of our fans had left and went back to Monticello because there was no timetable set for the game.  It was pouring and lightning everywhere.  Refs were pulling kids off piles on the sidelines because the people on the bottom could get their faces submerged in the wrong places. There was that much water in places.  

Weather here in Illinois at the begin of a season is totally a crap shoot.  Our JV game tonight is not looking pretty weather wise.  100% chance of thunderstorms tonight at 6pm.

Technically, I guess you and Head Skin are correct. Monticello is on 72, and Tolono is almost due east. I'll give you that, and rephrase to south of US 36.

I remember that '91 Monticello game. As a soph who wasn't playing yet, I just wanted to go to Monical's and eat.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:15 pm

SIFBCoach7 wrote:
general maximus wrote:
Head Skin wrote:

Is St. Joe South of 72?  Monticello is for sure and in 91, we went there week 2 and won in a game that started about 9:00pm.  Most of our fans had left and went back to Monticello because there was no timetable set for the game.  It was pouring and lightning everywhere.  Refs were pulling kids off piles on the sidelines because the people on the bottom could get their faces submerged in the wrong places. There was that much water in places.  

Weather here in Illinois at the begin of a season is totally a crap shoot.  Our JV game tonight is not looking pretty weather wise.  100% chance of thunderstorms tonight at 6pm.

Technically, I guess you and Head Skin are correct.  Monticello is on 72, and Tolono is almost due east.  I'll give you that, and rephrase to south of US 36.

I remember that '91 Monticello game.  As a soph who wasn't playing yet, I just wanted to go to Monical's and eat.  
We played at Tolono that night and our game got called at half. I was a soph and didn't play, but I remember 2 things about that game- I had forgotten my belt and was terrified my pants would fall off on the sidelines and we got out asses kicked in the first half like 22-0. Came back the next afternoon and won the game like 26-22.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top