St. Louis on edge?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by Teetime on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Did St. Louis explode?

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5861
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by crusader on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:52 pm

No chance they were announcing the verdict before the long weekend. They will announce on Wednesday, I believe.
avatar
crusader
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1769
Join date : 2008-09-18
Location : Waukesha, WI

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by newcom on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:15 am

Had our HOF induction this weekend and one of our inductees is a cop from down there and filled me in on this, could really turn out worse than Ferguson and they have been training/prepping for weeks for riot control
avatar
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3111
Join date : 2008-09-25
Age : 50
Location : In the land of wordless books.

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by Head Skin on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:42 am

Has anyone ever done any research on the possibility that some of these issues with police is a result of their having PTSD?

Not trying to start anything, or excuse anything, just a thought I had.
avatar
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Posts : 8744
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by ging on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:48 am

crusader wrote:No chance they were announcing the verdict before the long weekend. They will announce on Wednesday, I believe.

did they announce?
avatar
ging
Douche
Douche

Posts : 2337
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 49
Location : Sterling, IL

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by crusader on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Still holding it, but that does not stop the men of the cloth from making threats.

A group of clergy warned a judge about the potential for unrest if he acquits a former St. Louis police officer in the 2011 killing of a black man following a high-speed chase.

About 25 St. Louis clergy members gathered Friday outside the courthouse, where the Rev. Clinton Stancil read their letter to the judge weighing the case against Jason Stockley, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Stancil said the group doesn't condone violence, but it believes there will protests if Stockley, 36, isn't convicted of first-degree murder in the killing of 24-year-old Anthony Lamar Smith.

"Any decision rendered by you other than a guilty verdict will make you liable for any ensuing unrest or acts of aggression," the group wrote to Judge Timothy Wilson. "In biblical terms, 'the blood will be on your hands.'"
avatar
crusader
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1769
Join date : 2008-09-18
Location : Waukesha, WI

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by Head Skin on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:59 pm

crusader wrote:Still holding it, but that does not stop the men of the cloth from making threats.

A group of clergy warned a judge about the potential for unrest if he acquits a former St. Louis police officer in the 2011 killing of a black man following a high-speed chase.

About 25 St. Louis clergy members gathered Friday outside the courthouse, where the Rev. Clinton Stancil read their letter to the judge weighing the case against Jason Stockley, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Stancil said the group doesn't condone violence, but it believes there will protests if Stockley, 36, isn't convicted of first-degree murder in the killing of 24-year-old Anthony Lamar Smith.

"Any decision rendered by you other than a guilty verdict will make you liable for any ensuing unrest or acts of aggression," the group wrote to Judge Timothy Wilson. "In biblical terms, 'the blood will be on your hands.'"
Awesome. A reverend basically telling people to riot and loot. Fantastic.
avatar
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Posts : 8744
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by Teetime on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:23 pm

Methodists.

Shocked

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5861
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:15 am

Got a text this morning from my college roommate who lives in Metro east area, and he said announcement will be today. Word is that the reaction will be bigger than Ferguson. I told him to stay east of the river today, for sure.
avatar
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Posts : 703
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by net on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:23 am

SIFBCoach7 wrote:Got a text this morning from my college roommate who lives in Metro east area, and he said announcement will be today.  Word is that the reaction will be bigger than Ferguson.  I told him to stay east of the river today, for sure.

glad the cubs/cards game is in chicago.
avatar
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 4589
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 53
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:25 am

net wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:Got a text this morning from my college roommate who lives in Metro east area, and he said announcement will be today.  Word is that the reaction will be bigger than Ferguson.  I told him to stay east of the river today, for sure.

glad the cubs/cards game is in chicago.

City schools are closed, and protestors claim they will shut down Busch and the Airport. Should be a fun day.
avatar
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Posts : 703
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by general maximus on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:35 am

Peaceful protests.

Let us pray that that is the only thing that happens. Anything else should be met unwavering force to protect others from another tragedy.


general maximus
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1182
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by net on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:37 am

avatar
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 4589
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 53
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:20 am

avatar
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Posts : 703
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by Teetime on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:57 am

general maximus wrote:Peaceful protests.

Let us pray that that is the only thing that happens.  Anything else should be met unwavering force to protect others from another tragedy.  

 


Amen.

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5861
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by net on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:57 am

already blocking traffic and some group burned a cardinals sweatshirt. rat has added 43 articles in like the last half hour.
avatar
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 4589
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 53
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by wolverine55 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:08 pm

I'm sort of out of the loop on this...what is the significance of burning a Cardinals sweatshirt?
avatar
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 2820
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 38
Location : Keokuk, Iowa

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by general maximus on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:01 pm

wolverine55 wrote:I'm sort of out of the loop on this...what is the significance of burning a Cardinals sweatshirt?

Protest for the Cubs still being in first place in September!!


general maximus
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1182
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by Teetime on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:56 pm

I burn one a week. It's cathartic.


_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5861
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by Pike Bishop on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:08 am

[quote="SIFBCoach7"]Not Guilty.

http://fox2now.com/2017/09/15/former-st-louis-officer-jason-stockley-found-not-guilty-in-murder-case/[/quote
Yes, the article was disturbing. My concern is my daughter, granddaughter, and son in law. My daughter works in HR at Barnes Jewish Hospital. My two year old granddaughter is at the Barnes Jewish Daycare for employees.My daughter said when she was coming home today with her daughter, over 1000 people were protesting at Barnes. The protestors prevented ambulances getting to the hospital. My daughter dodged the bullet today but doesn't feel she will be that lucky next week. She just sent me a text that there is some very violent protesting going on around Barnes right now. Many people, both black and white, will have a difficult time going to work next week. My son in law also works in St. Louis and will have o deal with it. I'm in Denton, Texas (where gas is $2.49), for a cross country meet. Fortunately, I flew out of Springfield instead of St. Louis today.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Posts : 91
Join date : 2016-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: St. Louis on edge?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum