Question as a parent

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Question as a parent

Post by ging on Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:21 am

crusader wrote:
Please tell me you know this was a a Caddyshack quote.

huh? what's a caddyshark?
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:21 pm

OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:42 pm

ging wrote:
crusader wrote:

Ty Webb was a golf shark ...
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:14 pm

crusader wrote:
ging wrote:
crusader wrote:

Ty Webb was a golf shark ...

and Ty tied people up with his ties.
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:50 pm

I think its obvious that it went over my head, but I gotta be honest I am glad you were quoting a classic and not full hate and vitriol.

I am caddyshack fan, don't get me wrong, but its not one of the movies I have immortalized and know every word too.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:43 pm

just curious.....my daughter is a coach for softball and volleyball at a jr high near us.Says they have a 48 hr period after contests were parents cannot contact coaches via email,etc about the contests....any other schools have this? Never heard of it till she told me about( a parent contacted her during it...lol).....Is it this bad these days?
4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:02 pm

4a(6afornet)north wrote:just curious.....my daughter is a coach for softball and volleyball at a jr high near us.Says they have a 48 hr period after contests were parents cannot contact coaches via email,etc about the contests....any other schools have this? Never heard of it till she told me about( a parent contacted her during it...lol).....Is it this bad these days?

As a part time administrator, we ask our parents to abide by the "24 hour rule" where they don't talk to coaches before/during/after a game. Usually highly emotional, and not a constructive time for a discussion. I tell them to go home, think about it, write down what you want to say, and then when you wake up, look at it again and then call me to discuss. Then we'll get the coach involved and meet (if necessary).....

I also try to abide by this as a parent.

48 hours seems excessive, but I understand it.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:59 pm

4a(6afornet)north wrote:just curious.....my daughter is a coach for softball and volleyball at a jr high near us.Says they have a 48 hr period after contests were parents cannot contact coaches via email,etc about the contests....any other schools have this? Never heard of it till she told me about( a parent contacted her during it...lol).....Is it this bad these days?

yes, it is that bad these days...
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:13 am

Update: Well, the regular season is over, rosters were due to IESA yesterday, and the coaches haven't told any of the players who is cut.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:15 pm

I am polishing my brass knuckles.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Update: Failed to qualify for state in golf yesterday, so that eliminates the conflict with softball post-season. Now to see if anyone has actually been cut, because no girls have been notified.

Update 2: There has got to be a way to speed up a golf sectional. My daughter played her round yesterday in 6 hrs and 24 minutes. That is ridiculous. She did not make the cut for state, and was 25-40 shots better than the two girls she played with (both who circle 12* ruled and were eliminated by the 11th hole of the day). So, my daughter was left playing the round with 2 girls who didn't care because they couldn't advance. One girl even stopped counting her strokes, if not for the provided observer. Not to make excuses, but it's really hard to focus on golf when no one else in the group gives 2 ****'s about the rest of the day. It was a struggle, but good experience. We'll see what next year brings.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:32 pm

Force the issue - let him know that she did not qualify.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:38 pm

has softball not had a practice since rosters were turned into?

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tm on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:07 pm

6 hours and 24 minutes for 18 holes? That's insane. Playing golf when it's that slow and the other players in your group are bad is tough, especially if you get off to a bad start and are trying to find a rhythm.

wilky wrote:has softball not had a practice since rosters were turned into?

Does seem strange that you go a week without a practice, heading into playoffs.
tm
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:53 pm

6 hours and 24 minutes for threesomes??

They need to get rid of the circle 12 rule and make it a circle "triple".  Hopefully the news USGA rules coming out will speed up play and allow common sense to prevail instead of searching for a ball for 5 minutes, not finding it, and then going back to Re-tee (assuming they didn't hit a provisional).

I also wish there was a way to limit practice swings. I see a lot of younger golfers who take 3-4 practice swings, not their fault, they just haven't been taught not to do that. If you take 3-4 practice swings every shot and shoot a 100, you literally practiced and repeated a bad swing 400 times in a row. Hard to break that slice muscle memory when you repeat coming outside-in 400 times.
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:47 pm

shut up tincup

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:59 pm

wilky wrote:shut up tincup
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:22 pm

I was in a threesome once that took 6 hours and 45 minutes.

Neither female ever lost interest or stopped counting.

I'm just sayin'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:07 pm

SIFBCoach7 wrote:There has got to be a way to speed up a golf sectional.  My daughter played her round yesterday in 6 hrs and 24 minutes.  That is ridiculous.

In one of the IESA girls sectionals last year, the last girl to make the cut did so with a score that was 58 strokes behind the top score.  Not trying to be mean here, but a faster round is just not going to happen when there are a handful of kids who are struggling to break 100 for nine holes.  In that same sectional, there were 15 kids who didn't break 80 for one of their 9 hole scores.  

Was your daughter placed in a threesome according to her scores that were submitted to get her into the sectional?  I'm guessing that the more competitive players were placed in similarly competitive threesomes that finished in substantially less time if they teed off according to competitive level.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:48 am

wilky wrote:has softball not had a practice since rosters were turned into?

No, they've practiced 4 times. Cuts were made on Tuesday (when we were playing golf sectional), and my daughter made the team. He cut 2 girls (1 7th, 1 8th).
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 am

ramblinman wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:There has got to be a way to speed up a golf sectional.  My daughter played her round yesterday in 6 hrs and 24 minutes.  That is ridiculous.

In one of the IESA girls sectionals last year, the last girl to make the cut did so with a score that was 58 strokes behind the top score.  Not trying to be mean here, but a faster round is just not going to happen when there are a handful of kids who are struggling to break 100 for nine holes.  In that same sectional, there were 15 kids who didn't break 80 for one of their 9 hole scores.  

Was your daughter placed in a threesome according to her scores that were submitted to get her into the sectional?  I'm guessing that the more competitive players were placed in similarly competitive threesomes that finished in substantially less time if they teed off according to competitive level.

I think the difference between medalist and last cut was about 44 strokes in this sectional. Most of the sectionals have about a 50 shot difference...the other sectional medalists shot 69 & 70, respectively. Shocked They were supposed to be placed according to submitted average score. My daughter shot 8 strokes above her average (multiple reasons, but not absurd). Playing partner A shot 29 shots above her "average" and partner B shot 52 shots above her "average" submitted score. Something tells me that those two might have been just a bit off when submitting an average. In fact, one of the girls mom's told my wife this would be the first time she had played 18 holes. Ever.

It was a fun summer preparing to do this in my daughter's first year of competitive golf. She learned a lot, we got to go to a lot of neat events, and she made some new friends. She wants to continue to do it, so it must have been good for her. I know I sure as heck enjoyed it! I think she has a lot of potential and talent, but just needs to figure out the stuff that comes with playing experience (touch, putting, chipping, course management). Hopefully, it's an activity she'll enjoy for a lifetime.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:07 am

tincup1215 wrote:6 hours and 24 minutes for threesomes??

They need to get rid of the circle 12 rule and make it a circle "triple".  Hopefully the news USGA rules coming out will speed up play and allow common sense to prevail instead of searching for a ball for 5 minutes, not finding it, and then going back to Re-tee (assuming they didn't hit a provisional).

I also wish there was a way to limit practice swings.  I see a lot of younger golfers who take 3-4 practice swings, not their fault, they just haven't been taught not to do that.  If you take 3-4 practice swings every shot and shoot a 100, you literally practiced and repeated a bad swing 400 times in a row.  Hard to break that slice muscle memory when you repeat coming outside-in 400 times.  

I would have been more apt to suggest that once you are DQ'd, you have to stop playing. The other 2 girls did nothing but negate the experience for my daughter with lost ball searches, etc. One girl hit 6 consecutive balls into the water on a par 3 over a pond. Her coach finally told her to get off the tee because he couldn't watch it anymore. (I disagreed with him about this and the way he handled it). She picked up, so her round was over. But, instead, we had to endure her playing another 5 holes. I think my daughter shoots better if she can continue at her own pace, without the distractions of temper tantrums, crying, and pouty faces.

My daughter is one who takes 3 practice swings every shot. I am trying to break her of this for that very reason.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top