Charlottesville, VA.

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Charlottesville, VA.

Post by Head Skin on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:55 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Skin wrote:From Wikipedia (ya, I know...)
Tyranny of the majority- refers to an inherent weakness of direct democracy and majority rule in which the  of an electorate can place its own interests above, and at the expense of, those in the minority.
Well, your first problem is this country isn't a democracy, especially a direct one.

Go back and re-read your previous post. What you copied and pasted is what you advocated. The Bill of Rights specifically PROTECTS the rights of the minority from the will of the majority.
This is not a case of the will of the majority. This is a case of the livelihood and well being of the majority outweighs the rights of the minority. People have a right to conduct a normal, peaceful existence around this statue free from potentially deadly riots.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Head Skin wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Skin wrote:From Wikipedia (ya, I know...)
Tyranny of the majority- refers to an inherent weakness of direct democracy and majority rule in which the  of an electorate can place its own interests above, and at the expense of, those in the minority.
Well, your first problem is this country isn't a democracy, especially a direct one.

Go back and re-read your previous post. What you copied and pasted is what you advocated. The Bill of Rights specifically PROTECTS the rights of the minority from the will of the majority.
This is not a case of the will of the majority.  This is a case of the livelihood and well being of the majority outweighs the rights of the minority.  People have a right to conduct a normal, peaceful existence around this statue free from potentially deadly riots.

Such a precious, little snowflake you are with your delicate sensitivities!

How do you know there is going to be a riot? Your solution, in your infinite wisdom and with your uncanny forbearance, is to infringe on the First Amendment rights of countless people because you think something bad MIGHT happen?

A giant "Fvck off, slaver" to that crap!
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:05 pm

You are seriously delusional if you think there is any form of government that is going to risk the rights of 95% of their population to appease the 5 that want to protest this either way.

How do I know there will be a riot? I don't know, the three days of prior evidence maybe?

Legitimate question- do you actually teach government?
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Head Skin wrote:You are seriously delusional if you think there is any form of government that is going to risk the rights of 95% of their population to appease the 5 that want to protest this either way.

How do I know there will be a riot?  I don't know, the three days of prior evidence maybe?  

Legitimate question- do you actually teach government?

So whenever there is a protest, it should get shut down because on occasion people can't behave themselves?That's a horrible lesson to teach kids.

Yes. I do teach government. But, unlike you, I have no interest in fellating it.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:49 pm

So, someone died in the midst of a violent 2 day riot and you're just going to chalk it up "some people can't behave themselves"? The government has no responsibility in your mind to make sure that doesn't happen again?

How is teaching kids how the government works fellating it? What do you teach them about this instance? That the government has no responsibility to protect it's citizens from potential harm because someone wants to protest a statue that 90% people weren't aware existed?
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:18 pm

Head Skin wrote:So, someone died in the midst of a violent 2 day riot and you're just going to chalk it up "some people can't behave themselves"?  The government has no responsibility in your mind to make sure that doesn't happen again?

How is teaching kids how the government works fellating it?  What do you teach them about this instance?  That the government has no responsibility to protect it's citizens from potential harm because someone wants to protest a statue that 90% people weren't aware existed?

Freedom is scary. A lot of people think they can handle it. Most can't. You are apparently one of them. You and your ilk would rather defer to government bureaucrats, many of whom seek work in the government in the first place because it gives them the ability to tell other people what to do, and advocate giving them even MORE power.

So again...your solution is that there should never be any more protests...that government officials should have unlimited power to decide who gets a public forum and who doesn't. All the while using as cover the idea that they are preventing some nebulous potential bad thing from happening? That's your solution? That's how you teach your students how the government should work? I'll bet you were one of those guys who was enthusiastically cheering on the Boston Police Department and the SWAT teams when they were forcing their way into private homes without a warrant or probable cause after the Patriot Day bombing. USA!!! USA!!!

Our benevolent government overlords LOVE guys like you...you can be counted on to keep your mouth shut, do what you are told, and never question your masters. I hope they at least provided you with some kneepads...
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 pm

Dude, you have problems. You may want to seriously get some help.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Ahhh, another weekend, another round of Democratic/Republican party funded "riots".
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum