show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by ging on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:19 pm

many of us regulars are of a certain age - that being close to 50 or older. just curious how many of you have had a colonoscopy yet? I had my first one last Friday. I will tell you that the "prep day" sucks (liquid diet + an awful tasting medicine that cleans you out) but the actual procedure was easy and had no after-effects. in fact, I was asleep for the procedure and don't remember a thing.
avatar
ging
Douche
Douche

Posts : 2302
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 49
Location : Sterling, IL

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by 19delta on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:47 pm

ging wrote:many of us regulars are of a certain age - that being close to 50 or older.  just curious how many of you have had a colonoscopy yet?  I had my first one last Friday.  I will tell you that the "prep day" sucks (liquid diet + an awful tasting medicine that cleans you out) but the actual procedure was easy and had no after-effects.  in fact, I was asleep for the procedure and don't remember a thing.  

avatar
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3103
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by Teetime on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:50 pm

I have had so many that I think I'll just start doing them on myself.


_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5780
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by BirdWatcher on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:12 pm

First at age 50. They said come back in ten years. Can't hardly wait....

_________________
The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is what they do with your money after they steal it.
avatar
BirdWatcher
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1900
Join date : 2008-07-08
Age : 58
Location : Jamestown, TN

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by OSUBucks on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:42 pm

I've had one. As ging said the day before is the worst. By early evening of the prep day I was cleaned out. The worst part for me was by evening I was damn hungry for not have eaten any food that day. The procedure itself was no problem and on the way home that morning I had my wife hit the drive up window for fast food.
avatar
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3098
Join date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by wolverine55 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:11 pm

I'm 38 and due to family history,it's been recommended that I start getting them at age 40. Hell, I'm starting to dread the day before more than I am the actual procedure...
avatar
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 2800
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 37
Location : Keokuk, Iowa

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by Big E on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:05 am

Just had my 1st yesterday...whoo hoo. What an exciting day! As I told the nurse when she was doing my vitals...it is a bucket list item. In actuality it wasn't bad at all. The prep was not fun...but wasn't overbearing either. The worst part was tnot eating for so long. That being said as I am in the waiting room to go in.... there is a guy in there eating a sandwich and chips. I wonder if he really knew how close he came to being victimized! lol
avatar
Big E
Bee-otch

Posts : 630
Join date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by Teetime on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:57 am

Big E wrote:Just had my 1st yesterday...whoo hoo.  What an exciting day!  As I told the nurse when she was doing my vitals...it is a bucket list item.  In actuality it wasn't bad at all.  The prep was not fun...but wasn't overbearing either.  The worst part was tnot eating for so long.  That being said as I am in the waiting room to go in.... there is a guy in there eating a sandwich and chips.  I wonder if he really knew how close he came to being victimized!  lol


You mean you would have knocked him out, eaten his lunch and sent his ass in for the colon scope in your place?

That would have been a great story for years to come.


_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5780
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by ging on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:12 am

I forgot to mention something the doctor said during mine. Before I fell asleep, he said, "Don't worry, it's normal to get an erection during the procedure." I replied, "I don't have an erection!" And as I was drifting off to sleep, the last thing I heard him say was, "No, I was talking about me." Shocked
avatar
ging
Douche
Douche

Posts : 2302
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 49
Location : Sterling, IL

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by net on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:32 am

yes, and if you take metformin, make sure you stay off it for 2-3 weeks after you've had the procedure. 2 extremely long weeks.
avatar
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 4550
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 53
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by tincup1215 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:15 pm

This makes me think of Sean William Scotts character at the end of Road Trip.  "2 fingers?  Better make it 3."
avatar
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Posts : 1233
Join date : 2008-09-28
Location : The Burn

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by Dawgdad on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:28 am

Prep is a good way to lose a few pounds.... I had hoped to be able to observe the procedure and had the monitor turned where I could see it but was out cold and woke up with a nice warm blanket.

I have to tell a story about a gal in our neighborhood. She works in the medical field and knew all of the people in the procedure room. This lady is a laugh a minute funny and the story goes she was discussing things she might say under anesthesia and requesting they tape her mouth shut. the Dr. tries to gain control and says that wont be necessary, to which she responds... I guess it will be OK - It wont be the first time I woke up with my pants pulled down and had a sore butt..... Doc says "Tape her up..."

avatar
Dawgdad
Bee-otch

Posts : 812
Join date : 2008-09-22
Age : 57
Location : Mahomet

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by Big E on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Teetime wrote:
Big E wrote:Just had my 1st yesterday...whoo hoo.  What an exciting day!  As I told the nurse when she was doing my vitals...it is a bucket list item.  In actuality it wasn't bad at all.  The prep was not fun...but wasn't overbearing either.  The worst part was tnot eating for so long.  That being said as I am in the waiting room to go in.... there is a guy in there eating a sandwich and chips.  I wonder if he really knew how close he came to being victimized!  lol


You mean you would have knocked him out, eaten his lunch and sent his ass in for the colon scope in your place?

That would have been a great story for years to come.


+1 Teetime!
avatar
Big E
Bee-otch

Posts : 630
Join date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by ging on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:10 pm

Dawgdad wrote:Prep is a good way to lose a few pounds.... I had hoped to be able to observe the procedure and had the monitor turned where I could see it but was out cold and woke up with a nice warm blanket.

I have to tell a story about a gal in our neighborhood.  She works in the medical field and knew all of the people in the procedure room.  This lady is a laugh a minute funny and the story goes she was discussing things she might say under anesthesia and requesting they tape her mouth shut.  the Dr. tries to gain control and says that wont be necessary, to which she responds... I guess it will be OK - It wont be the first time I woke up with my pants pulled down and had a sore butt..... Doc says "Tape her up..."


gold! Laughing
avatar
ging
Douche
Douche

Posts : 2302
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 49
Location : Sterling, IL

Back to top Go down

Re: show of hands - have you had a colonoscopy yet?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum