Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cubs Sox trade

+7
Head Idiot
net
niewi 24
Bighitter11
wolverine55
Teetime
Bigshot85
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cubs Sox trade Empty Cubs Sox trade

Post by Bigshot85 Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:50 pm

As I'm sure most of you already know big trade happened today Jose Quintana for Eloy Jimenez, Dylan Cease, Matt Rose, and Bryant Flete.

Cubs fans how are you feeling about the Trade?

As a Sox fan I figured Q was going to be Traded to the Cubs Astros or Brewers so not that surpised at all.  We got a top ten prospect out of the deal and a pitching prospect in the top 100 so I'm a fan of the trade.  I've seen a lot of upset Cubs fans because they pretty much have no one in the farm now, but my question is do you guys really need a stellar farm system for the next five to six years?  I think Robertson ends up being traded to the Nationals next, Fraiser to either the Red Sox or Yankees and maybe Cabrera to a contending team.  White Sox future looks bright in the coming years here is a projected future lineup and pitching rotation I've seen and this is if they don't sign Harper or Machado via free agency after the 2018 season.  

Starting Pitchers..hopefully they can find five in this bunch
Carlos Rodon 3rd pick in 2014
Michael Kopech #11 overall prospect
Lucas Giolito #28 overall prospect
Reylando Lopez #36 overall prospect
Carson Fulmer #59 overall prospect
Dylan Cease  #63 overall prospect

1. SS Tim Anderson
2. CF Luis Robert #23 overall prospect
3. 2B Yoan Moncada #1 overall prospect
4. 1B Jose Abreu
5. LF Eloy Jimenez #8 overall prospect
6. 3B Jake Burger drafted 11th 2017
7. DH Zack Collins #68 overall prospect
8. C Kevan Smith
9. RF Garcia, Charlie Tilson, Jacob May or Luis Alexander Basabe

Looks pretty good this isn't even counting guys they will draft in 2018 and other guys they will get via trades next few weeks.
Bigshot85
Bigshot85
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Cubs Sox trade Empty Re: Cubs Sox trade

Post by Teetime Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:56 pm

I think it's a good deal for the Sox.

Quintana will be a decent #2 or #3 starter through 2020 for the Cubs and they will still have some guys in the minors that can help them out.

The Sox are really helping themselves as they deal their better players. As you point out the now have a roster full of potential stars. If they deal away these guys next year or the year after that, just think how good their double A team will be!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigshot85 Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:26 am

As much as I don't like saying this I could see the Cubs winning two more World Series in the next five years maybe even three. Now the problem in a few years could be the top core players like Bryant, Rizzo, Russel, Baez, Hendricks, Contreras and even Schwarber will all be done with arbitration and will be looking to get big boy contracts no way they will be able to resign all of them especially if you give Bryant and Rizzo a 300 million dollar contract. Cubs traded away the farm system when they got Chapman last year and they traded the rest away yesterday when they got Q. The Cubs in five years could very well be like the current Blackhawks won a bunch a championships when these guys are younger but money comes into play like with Toews and Kane and things start to become difficult again. Just my feeling. I'd take three championships in six years any day of the week but as fans we do get spoiled and expect more and more.
Bigshot85
Bigshot85
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:51 am

Initially, this seems like one of the few deals where both teams will benefit and get exactly what they wanted out of it. I am starting to worry about the Cubs' farm system as Bigshot alluded to, but there is still plenty of young talent up at the majors and some left in the minors.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:37 am

Hate the Cubs but they are in good shape. They just need some bitching they have the bats they just need to start hitting. The lineup is pretty solid for the next 4-5 years so if they can get a couple prospects each year to start restocking their farm system they will be alright. Rizzo will be the first up for a big deal but the Cubs are in control of many of these players for another 4-5 years atleast.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by niewi 24 Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:28 am

No need to have a stocked farm system when those prospects are all on the big league club.
niewi 24
niewi 24
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Hate the Cubs but they are in good shape.  They just need some bitching they have the bats they just need to start hitting.  The lineup is pretty solid for the next 4-5 years so if they can get a couple prospects each year to start restocking their farm system they will be alright.  Rizzo will be the first up for a big deal but the Cubs are in control of many of these players for another 4-5 years atleast.  

bitching. lol.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:46 pm

net wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:Hate the Cubs but they are in good shape.  They just need some bitching they have the bats they just need to start hitting.  The lineup is pretty solid for the next 4-5 years so if they can get a couple prospects each year to start restocking their farm system they will be alright.  Rizzo will be the first up for a big deal but the Cubs are in control of many of these players for another 4-5 years atleast.  

bitching. lol.

Ooops! Typing about the Cubs must bring out the worst in me I didnt even realize I did that. lol
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:39 pm

I like the haul the Sox got, just wish Q wasn't sent to the Cubs. I like Q.

I still don't know that he's enough for them. They have some problems that I think go pretty deep. Maybe Maddon can fix it with another onesie sleepover.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:55 pm

Yeah, I still don't see the Cubs making the playoffs this year. I saw a stat that said that if the Brewers go a mere 36-35 the rest of the way, Cubs still have to go 43-31 in their remaining games to beat them. Nothing I've seen this season tells me they're capable of doing that...and that's before they blow what was once 8-0 lead tonight...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:38 pm

Cubs win easily

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:32 am

Technically, I was right...they did blow the lead since Baltimore tied it in the 7th or 8th, Laughing
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:37 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:43 pm

i kind of assumed their next round of talent would come from rickets pocket book? if I were theo id trade schwarber (if they wanted him) in a new York minute in a deal to get gray. id let arrieta (and lackey) walk and take the comp pick. buy a piece or two here or there and ride or die on the core they have now.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawgdad Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:59 am

I would get Zach Britton from the O's for Schwarber... Rightly lefty closers for 8/9 innings...
Dawgdad
Dawgdad
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:27 pm

Dawgdad wrote:I would get Zach Britton from the O's for Schwarber... Rightly lefty closers for 8/9 innings...
Unless Britons contract is up after this year, that would be a bad trade for the Orioles.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:40 pm

he has one more year of arbitration, so tbd if his 11.4 mill '17 salary goes up much. id guess not much as 11.4 is up there for a closer and his '17 is statistically not nearly impressive as his bananas '16. he is a UFA in '19. shortening the game isn't a bad idea for the cubbies but SP seems to be a more pressing need and they can get a decent SP for 11.4m in trades. Besides the O's wouldn't take schwarber straight up for britton anyway, they are asking a load if they trade him.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:07 pm

Just gonna throw this out there!

Cubs Sox trade Soxbeatcubs

Don't stop now, boys!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigshot85 Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:29 pm

Hawk needs to go
Bigshot85
Bigshot85
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:43 pm

19delta wrote:Don't stop now, boys!
Your using of Hawk's phrase seems about as effective today as when he uses it.

Seems like every time he says it, things come to an immediate and grinding halt.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:15 pm

Bigshot85 wrote:Hawk needs to go

He needed to go about 10 years ago. And should have taken Farmer with.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Head Skin wrote:
19delta wrote:Don't stop now, boys!
Your using of Hawk's phrase seems about as effective today as when he uses it.

Seems like every time he says it, things come to an immediate and grinding halt.

Dadgummit!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:15 pm

Bigshot85 wrote:As I'm sure most of you already know big trade happened today Jose Quintana for Eloy Jimenez, Dylan Cease, Matt Rose, and Bryant Flete.

Cubs fans how are you feeling about the Trade?

As a Sox fan I figured Q was going to be Traded to the Cubs Astros or Brewers so not that surpised at all.  We got a top ten prospect out of the deal and a pitching prospect in the top 100 so I'm a fan of the trade.  I've seen a lot of upset Cubs fans because they pretty much have no one in the farm now, but my question is do you guys really need a stellar farm system for the next five to six years?  I think Robertson ends up being traded to the Nationals next, Fraiser to either the Red Sox or Yankees and maybe Cabrera to a contending team.  White Sox future looks bright in the coming years here is a projected future lineup and pitching rotation I've seen and this is if they don't sign Harper or Machado via free agency after the 2018 season.  

Starting Pitchers..hopefully they can find five in this bunch
Carlos Rodon 3rd pick in 2014
Michael Kopech #11 overall prospect
Lucas Giolito #28 overall prospect
Reylando Lopez #36 overall prospect
Carson Fulmer #59 overall prospect
Dylan Cease  #63 overall prospect

1. SS Tim Anderson
2. CF Luis Robert #23 overall prospect
3. 2B Yoan Moncada #1 overall prospect
4. 1B Jose Abreu
5. LF Eloy Jimenez #8 overall prospect
6. 3B Jake Burger drafted 11th 2017
7. DH Zack Collins #68 overall prospect
8. C Kevan Smith
9. RF Garcia, Charlie Tilson, Jacob May or Luis Alexander Basabe

Looks pretty good this isn't even counting guys they will draft in 2018 and other guys they will get via trades next few weeks.

Great trade excited to see how the Sox do this year. Poor Cubs cant believe they never got back to another WS after 2016.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Big E Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:41 pm

Crappy trade for Cubs then and even worse now. The only people that thought Q was a #2 or #3 starter were the White Sox. Gave up way too much. Q has been way below average for the Cubs.
Big E
Big E
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:22 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
Great trade excited to see how the Sox do this year.  Poor Cubs cant believe they never got back to another WS after 2016.  
Man, if only someone could have predicted that only to be told they were so young and that Kyle Schwarber was the next great Chicago hitter...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next