Schwarbs and stuff

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Schwarbs and stuff

Post by Teetime on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:33 pm

Head Skin wrote:
Teetime wrote:Jim Thome had 215 major league at bats and was sent down.

All as September call ups where he started the next season in the minors

Wrong!

Here are his 1992 40 games in the bigs....none of which were in the fall.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/hittinglogs.php?p=thomeji01&y=1992

You just make shit up as you go, don't you?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:45 pm

Sure, once again I don't know what the hell goes through my head when I try to talk to you.

As always, you're right.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:13 pm

Head Skin wrote:As always, you're right.

Exactly!

Now go do some general managing for the White Sox and I won't bother you.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:45 pm

I would love to GM some for them.  I can assure you they wouldn't be in the position they are now.  

I do like that they have parlayed idiots like Sale and Eaton into giant talent hauls.  If only they could have gotten something for Frazier and Quintana when they had value.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:00 pm

you peeps have waaaaay too much free time in the summer. my last post,
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Head Skin wrote:I would love to GM some for them.  I can assure you they wouldn't be in the position they are now.  

I do like that they have parlayed idiots like Sale and Eaton into giant talent hauls.  If only they could have gotten something for Frazier and Quintana when they had value.

+1

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:17 pm

net wrote:you peeps have waaaaay too much free time in the summer. my last post,

Ever?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:02 pm

LOL! So easy to get under the Head Skin of some people.
Garrett
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:11 am

Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Looks like Schwarber will be returning soon. Cool

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:07 pm

Schwarbs was back and the Cubs celebrated by clobbering the first place Brewers.

Wait......

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Teetime wrote:Schwarbs was back and the Cubs celebrated by clobbering the first place Brewers.

Wait......

Schwarbs went 0/4 and now hitting .168 but it's a loud .168. Laughing
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:58 am

In the 14 games since returning Schwarbs is hitting .239, not great. His OPS though is very good at .840. He looks like he is heating up and could give the Cubs a boost down the stretch.
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:26 pm

It's like making a trade for a new guy, but giving up nothing.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:26 pm

Look out.  He's hitting 190 now and sits against lefties.  Babe Ruth indeed.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:47 pm

His OPS on the season is 729. Which puts him directly behind the superstar known as Freddy Galvis.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:21 pm

Head Skin wrote:I do like that they have parlayed idiots like Sale and Eaton into giant talent hauls.  If only they could have gotten something for Frazier and Quintana when they had value.

Went to the game yesterday vs. Cleveland and was surrounded by Tribe fans sitting six rows up from the Cleveland dugout.  

The Sox looked sick for the first four innings as they went hitless against Cleveland starter Tomlin who threw lots of off speed stuff before leaving without throwing a single pitch in the 5th with tightness in his hamstring.  Luckily for the Sox, Cleveland looked just as sick and managed just one run all day.  Nice win for the Pale Hose with a walk off homer in the 9th by Davidson that snapped a 9 game win streak for the visitors.

Highlight of the game for me was when I was trailing a beer vendor down the steps in between the seats. A couple of 12 year old kids who thought they were being funny raised their hands and said, "Yo, beerman." The vendor looked at them and snapped, "This ain't no Cubs game." Now, THAT'S funny.

After the game, the Sox dealt Melky Cabrera (who did not play) to the Royals for two prospects.

Sales of White Sox apparel, already likely depressed due to having the third worst record in MLB and having traded away most of their "big" names, have just taken another hit with the departure of Cabrera.  The only White Sox jerseys currently worth peddling are Jose Abreu and maybe Avisail Garcia, and I rather doubt they are flying off the shelves.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:30 pm

Oh, no doubt about it, the Sox suck.  But, I'm glad they're finally biting the bullet and rebuilding.  I was getting sick of the bring in random old guy and hope he finds the fountain of youth for one year and we can catch lightning in a bottle theory.

Meanwhile, Schwarbs has a negative WAR.  Meaning any replacement level player is more valuable to his team.  But, the masturbation over homers continues with Cubs fans.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:56 pm

Rather than start a separate thread I thought I'd include the item on here that Steve Bartman has been given a World Series ring by the Cubs. Nice move by the Cubs. It was disgraceful behavior by Cub fans to treat him like they did. I'm not condemning all Cub fans, every fan base has their share of folks that are an embarrassment to the rest of the fan base.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/the-cubs-gave-steve-bartman-a-world-series-ring-and-he-broke-his-silence/
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:48 pm

Mr. Bartman's full statement:

Although I do not consider myself worthy of such an honor, I am deeply moved and sincerely grateful to receive an official Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Championship ring. I am fully aware of the historical significance and appreciate the symbolism the ring represents on multiple levels. My family and I will cherish it for generations.

Most meaningful is the genuine outreach from the Ricketts family, on behalf of the Cubs organization and fans, signifying to me that I am welcomed back into the Cubs family and have their support going forward. I am relieved and hopeful that the saga of the 2003 foul ball incident surrounding my family and me is finally over.

I humbly receive the ring not only as a symbol of one of the most historic achievements in sports, but as an important reminder for how we should treat each other in today's society. My hope is that we all can learn from my experience to view sports as entertainment and prevent harsh scapegoating, and to challenge the media and opportunistic profiteers to conduct business ethically by respecting personal privacy rights and not exploit any individual to advance their own self-interest or economic gain.

Moreover, I am hopeful this ring gesture will be the start of an important healing and reconciliation process for all involved. To that end, I request the media please respect my privacy, and the privacy of my family. I will not participate in interviews or further public statements at this time.

Words alone cannot express my heartfelt thanks to the Ricketts family, Crane Kenney, Theo Epstein, and the entire Cubs organization for this extraordinary gift, and for providing the City of Chicago and Cubs fans everywhere an unforgettable World Championship in 2016. I am happy to be reunited with the Cubs family and positively moving forward with my life. If only the SOX fans would quit bringing up the whole incident endlessly......it would have been resolved eight years ago.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:50 pm

The Cubs also picked up a left-handed relief pitcher and a back-up catcher from Detroit today.

Any of you AL fans know anything about those guys?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:19 pm

Teetime wrote:The Cubs also picked up a left-handed relief pitcher and a back-up catcher from Detroit today.

Any of you AL fans know anything about those guys?
Avila played for the Sox last year. Or was supposed to. He was hurt about 75% of the year it seemed. He seems to be healthy and having a good year. I don't know when the last time he played a full season was. I got nothing on the reliever.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:01 pm

Thanks

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:51 pm

Last year he played in 57 games for the Sox, hit .213 with 7 HRs and 11 RBI. As terrible as that is, he still had a WAR 1.3 better than Schwarber has this year. 😜
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:18 am

Head Skin wrote:Oh, no doubt about it, the Sox suck.  But, I'm glad they're finally biting the bullet and rebuilding.  I was getting sick of the bring in random old guy and hope he finds the fountain of youth for one year and we can catch lightning in a bottle theory.

Meanwhile, Schwarbs has a negative WAR.  Meaning any replacement level player is more valuable to his team.  But, the masturbation over homers continues with Cubs fans.

Consistently middle-of-the-pack is the worst place you can be in pro sports. More often than not, it's better to blow things up, accept the fact you'll be terrible for a couple of years, and rebuild. Granted, you have to have a good front office to acquire the right young talent. To compare this to another Chicago franchise, as badly as the Bulls got ripped for trading Jimmy Butler, that move actually showed more leadership and direction than last year's acquisitions of Wade and Rondo did.
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top