Pizza in Springfield

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pizza in Springfield

Post by lefty120 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Heading to Springfield this weekend. Looking for a good local pizza place. Any help would be appreciated.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza in Springfield

Post by Teetime on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:18 pm

Gabatoni's on laurel street between second and fourth. Traditional thin crust pizza and a local favorite for three or four generations. Last time there I tried the chicken alfredo with bacon (pizza) and it was fantastic.

Joe's on west Jefferson. Pretty sure no beer at Joe's but the pizza is really good.

I'm sure others will have some favorites. Hopefully no one will say Casey's.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:42 pm

We finally agreed again Tee. Casey's pizza is an abomination.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:44 am

I love Casey's pizza, but no it wouldn't be my suggestion if someone is looking for a truly local establishment.
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:01 pm

Nancy's Pizza Address: 2301 W Monroe St, Springfield, IL
They have both thin and pan pizza and it's delicious.
I also recommend the previously mentioned Gabatoni's.

OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:05 pm

gallina's on monroe next to the craft beer bar at the corner of 5th and monroe. my 'true' favorite italian restaurant with authentic new york crust . beer and wine. tell vinny or joe i recommended it to you. they don't have caller id but recognize my voice as they answer the phone. pray joe sr. or the wife don't answer the phone, you may just have ordered a purple cadillac.

gabatoni's is good but not worth the $$ you'll spend. full service bar.

bernie's and betty's really good za(if you can find it). full service bar.

joe's-my go to za. right around the corner from shg's football field. great meatballs. two item medium za $10 all day every day. i get it most of the time because it is on my  way home. no booze.

my players rave about the horseshoe pizza at the corner pub. full service bar.

mario's is above average. great salad bar. full service bar.

if you want to people watch and listen to regulars swap funny stories, mario's and gabatoni's are cool. but better be there before 4pm because the rails are small and the regulars start getting there early.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach53 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:13 pm

net wrote:gallina's on monroe next to the craft beer bar at the corner of 5th and monroe. my 'true' favorite italian restaurant with authentic new york crust . beer and wine. tell vinny or joe i recommended it to you. they don't have caller id but recognize my voice as they answer the phone. pray joe sr. or the wife don't answer the phone, you may just have ordered a purple cadillac.

joe's-my go to za. right around the corner from shg's football field. great meatballs. two item medium za $10 all day every day. i get it most of the time because it is on my  way home. no booze.

if you want to people watch and listen to regulars swap funny stories, mario's and gabatoni's are cool. but better be there before 4pm because the rails are small and the regulars start getting there early.

Neal, you definitely know your local pizza

Coach53
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:29 pm

skip the pizza and get a horseshoe from darcys pint, you wont be mad.

or drive another 30 minutes and get a stuffed crust from leos pizza in jville

(caseys pizza isn't terrible, but its no where close to any of these places. their breakfast pizza is perfect for the glutan on a tight schedule. ive found that people who tell me gas station pizza is great, haven't had much real good pizza, that doesn't mean caseys is terrible).

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:47 pm

wilky wrote:skip the pizza and get a horseshoe from darcys pint, you wont be mad.

or drive another 30 minutes and get a stuffed crust from leos pizza in jville

(caseys pizza isn't terrible, but its no where close to any of these places. their breakfast pizza is perfect for the glutan on a tight schedule. ive found that people who tell me gas station pizza is great, haven't had much real good pizza, that doesn't mean caseys is terrible).

I have to get down to Springfield this summer for a Darcy's Pint meal...it's been years!!
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:26 am

Coach53 wrote:
net wrote:gallina's on monroe next to the craft beer bar at the corner of 5th and monroe. my 'true' favorite italian restaurant with authentic new york crust . beer and wine. tell vinny or joe i recommended it to you. they don't have caller id but recognize my voice as they answer the phone. pray joe sr. or the wife don't answer the phone, you may just have ordered a purple cadillac.

thank you. there were a couple of places i left out, dillon's, sam's, brick house.

i'm just waiting for someone to ask about asian food in the patch. that would be a 2 page review. Wink
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach53 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:17 pm

net wrote:
Coach53 wrote:

thank you. there were a couple of places i left out, dillon's, sam's, brick house.

i'm just waiting for someone to ask about asian food in the patch. that would be a 2 page review. Wink

There are some pretty decent food joints in town now. I have my favorites for sure.

Coach53
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:56 pm

net wrote:
Coach53 wrote:

I had forgotten about Dillon's. I used to go there year's ago when I worked at IDOT. Good thin crust and the pizza was consistently good. You could then go into Northern Light's Lounge and order Dillon's from there.
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Big E on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:14 am

I've had the Pizza at Crows Mill Pub...not bad
Big E
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:08 pm

Bernie's and Betty's...sourdough crust. BOOM! Thanks for the suggestion. Hit the spot.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:05 am

lefty120 wrote:Bernie's and Betty's...sourdough crust. BOOM!  Thanks for the suggestion. Hit the spot.

what made you pick b&b's? neighborhood is kinda iffy. definitely off the beaten path.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:25 am

I'm an off the beaten path kinda guy. I was solo for a Tri in Petersburg today. Just wanted quiet place where I could get some good pizza and a beer. It as perfect.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:05 am

lefty120 wrote:I'm an off the beaten path kinda guy. I was solo for a Tri in Petersburg today. Just wanted  quiet place where I could get some good pizza and a beer.  It as perfect.
Like, a triathlon? God bless you.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:04 am

Some people fish, hunt, or play golf. It's my escape from the every day.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:07 pm

God bless you. The swimming portion would literally kill me.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top