IMG Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IMG Academy

Post by Head Skin on Mon May 29, 2017 7:38 pm

I know a great deal was made here about how I was paranoid about IMG because the reasoning was I'd never have a kid good enough to play there.

One of my former assistants just took the job there as the offensive line coach. I would say that 1- that would be a far bigger statistical improbability and 2- that would probably make it far more probable for them to potentially look at a kid from my corner of apparently Nowhere Illinois.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Re: IMG Academy

Post by wolverine55 on Tue May 30, 2017 8:06 am

Agree with both your points. Very surprising someone with--I presume--mostly small school IL experience would land on the staff there. If I remember correctly from an article I read at some point during last season, he should have a legit 400 pounder to work with on that O-Line too Shocked
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue May 30, 2017 10:24 am

He was an asst here my first year while still in college. Helped again in 2013 as he was student teaching. Between 10 and 13 he was a student asst at EIU. When Babers went to Bowling Green to coach TEs. From there he's been at Warren Central in Indiana. Guy is a great coach. Was our special teams/scout team coach in 13.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Tue May 30, 2017 11:53 am

I don't follow.

A guy who spent one year with you 3 years ago who is pretty well-traveled with FCS coaching experience on his resume gets a job at IMG and that means you are going to start losing players to them? And even if you do lose a kid to IMG, shouldn't you be happy for that kid?

I still don't think you (or ANY HFC in Illinois) have much to worry about. How many Illinois kids have played at IMG over the years? I honestly don't know but I'm guessing that it isn't a huge number.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 pm

The pipeline from small schools around Decatur Illinois into IMG Academy is now open.

Lookout world.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top