President Trump

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by BirdWatcher on Thu May 25, 2017 7:55 pm

When you start at the bottom, pretty hard to go anywhere but up.... Obama took the Clinton Recession (housing bubble, Glass-Steagal, etc) and did good.... yea!

Bush had a part in deepening the Clinton Recession. He's the only modern-day President to inherit a balanced budget (thanks Newt!) and he spent like a drunken Democrat... boo!

_________________
The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is what they do with your money after they steal it.
avatar
BirdWatcher
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1873
Join date : 2008-07-08
Age : 58
Location : Jamestown, TN

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Teetime on Fri May 26, 2017 9:37 am

DOW 8,000 is not exactly "the bottom".

Speaking of the "Clinton recession" that same Forbes article goes on to state:

"The Obama stock market trounced the stock market of his presidential predecessor, George W. Bush, which fell 30.6% from January 20, 2001 to January 20, 2009. Bill Clinton’s stock market, however, beat the Obama stock market, returning 264%, or 17.5% annualized."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanvardi/2017/01/17/inside-the-obama-stock-markets-235-rise/#4457576516d1

You seem to be saying that the stock market runs up too high during democrat's administrations, then there is nowhere to go but down. If so, grab your wallet. It's about to take a big hit.

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5612
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Teetime on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:08 pm

It appears that President Trump STILL feels he has proposed a travel ban. This wasn't December of 2015, it was this morning.....

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-travel-ban-london-attacks-2017-6

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-s-tweets-complicate-task-defending-travel-ban-experts-say-n768416

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5612
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by BirdWatcher on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Teetime wrote:It appears that President Trump STILL feels he has proposed a travel ban.

Wasn't it always a "travel" ban? Wasn't the heart-burn caused by the term "Muslim ban?"

I see that the countries bordering Qatar have shut down their borders with that country. Wow. Leaders of countries can do that? They must be RACIST!

_________________
The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is what they do with your money after they steal it.
avatar
BirdWatcher
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1873
Join date : 2008-07-08
Age : 58
Location : Jamestown, TN

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by OSUBucks on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:03 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
Teetime wrote:It appears that President Trump STILL feels he has proposed a travel ban.

Wasn't it always a "travel" ban?  Wasn't the heart-burn caused by the term "Muslim ban?"

I see that  the countries bordering Qatar have shut down their borders with that country.  Wow.  Leaders of countries can do that?  They must be RACIST!

No, it's ok if Qatar's Arab Muslim neighbors close their borders to them but we can't. It's like a black man referring to another black man using the n word. They can do that but a white person can't. Laughing
avatar
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3067
Join date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by BirdWatcher on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:08 pm

Ya, but what if Shia's had a Sunni ban? or vice versa..... Cool

_________________
The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is what they do with your money after they steal it.
avatar
BirdWatcher
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1873
Join date : 2008-07-08
Age : 58
Location : Jamestown, TN

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Teetime on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:50 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:Wasn't it always a "travel" ban?  Wasn't the heart-burn caused by the term "Muslim ban?"

I see that  the countries bordering Qatar have shut down their borders with that country.  Wow.  Leaders of countries can do that?  They must be RACIST!

They didn't want it to be framed as a "ban" at all......nobody asked the boss I guess.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/317144-spicer-trump-executive-order-not-a-travel-ban

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5612
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Head Skin on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:54 pm

I feel like I clicked on "not this shit again".
avatar
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Posts : 8473
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by BirdWatcher on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:53 am

Teetime wrote:
They didn't want it to be framed as a "ban" at all......nobody asked the boss I guess.

And Obama didn't want the ObamaCare mandate framed as a "tax" until it had to be framed as a tax to pass SC muster. oh, and you can keep your doctor and plan.

It was always a travel ban... from 7 countries that don't document their citizens very well. Big deal.

_________________
The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is what they do with your money after they steal it.
avatar
BirdWatcher
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1873
Join date : 2008-07-08
Age : 58
Location : Jamestown, TN

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Teetime on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:49 am

I agree really. I don't think it's a big deal that people traveling from certain countries are subject to "extreme vetting" as proposed in the 2nd iteration of the travel restrictions. Those are dangerous countries. I didn't really raise the issue here. SIBFCoach7 was trying to give me an example of a story about President Trump that was untrue, and he picked this one. I brought it up again only because the President once again spit on the efforts of his staff to tamp down the story with yet another ill advised tweet. The man is a menace to his own cause.

Teetime wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:
Teetime wrote:What stories have proven to be false about Mr. Trump?


Here's one: "Muslim Ban".  Are all muslims banned from entering the US?  No.  


It is not an untrue news story that Donald J Trump proposed a Muslim ban. He did.

Here he is doing so.....

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/

Right now, there is no kind of ban on immigration by Muslims because the courts have not allowed it.

I think that has been pretty well covered by the media.


_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5612
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by ramblinman on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:05 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
Teetime wrote:
They didn't want it to be framed as a "ban" at all......nobody asked the boss I guess.

And Obama didn't want the ObamaCare mandate framed as a "tax" until it had to be framed as a tax to pass SC muster.

Bait and switch deceitfulness. That's what that was. Don't get me started.
avatar
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Teetime on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Teetime wrote:It looks like former FBI Director Comey will testify in public and under oath. I'm willing to watch and see if it looks like the truth. I'm willing to compare whatever he has to say vs whatever President Trump might have to say (or tweet) in response to the sworn testimony.

I think it should be revealing.


It was revealing.

Judge Napolitano on FOX said Comey's testimony was "compelling and damning for the president".

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5612
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Head Skin on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Outside his asking Comey to drop the Flynn thing, I didn't hear anything in Comey's testimony that is remotely "compelling and damning".
avatar
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Posts : 8473
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by 19delta on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Head Skin wrote:Outside his asking Comey to drop the Flynn thing, I didn't hear anything in Comey's testimony that is remotely "compelling and damning".

I watched about the first hour of it.

The whole thing was political theater (these things almost always are). Not a single Republican senator asked a question to which they didn't already know the answer. And they framed their questions in such a way that Comey's answer would always be some version of "President Trump never directly ordered me to kill the investigation." Yes..there was a lot of innuendo and yes, Comey did say that he interpreted the conversation he had with Trump as a direct order. But, there is no smoking gun (at least there wasn't in Comey's testimony).

I would go as far to say that Comey really didn't say anything that was new. I think it is pretty obvious that President Trump wanted the investigation to go away. But these things are tough to prove because there just isn't a lot of hard evidence.

avatar
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3039
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by OSUBucks on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:22 pm

Teetime wrote:
Teetime wrote:It looks like former FBI Director Comey will testify in public and under oath. I'm willing to watch and see if it looks like the truth. I'm willing to compare whatever he has to say vs whatever President Trump might have to say (or tweet) in response to the sworn testimony.

I think it should be revealing.


It was revealing.

Judge Napolitano on FOX said Comey's testimony was "compelling and damning for the president".

No one can accuse Napolitano of being a partisan Liberal, that's for sure. The GOP isn't looking for the truth, they will act as defense lawyers for Trump. Basically they are acting the same way as the Democrats acted during the Clinton impeachment proceedings. Remember when the Democrats argued that there were varying degrees of perjury. Well in this case I guess there are varying degrees of obstruction of justice.
Trump told Comey that he "hoped" that he would drop the investigation. When Comey didn't comply Trump fired him. Is that obstruction?
avatar
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3067
Join date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Head Skin on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:24 pm

The only smoking gun I heard was that Trump was right to fire him as he confessed to leaking information at least twice from what I heard.

I just enjoy that the left is so suddenly in love with this guy since he can now serve their purposes after they so fervently wanted him hung from his balls this November/December.
avatar
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Posts : 8473
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Teetime on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Head Skin wrote:The only smoking gun I heard was that Trump was right to fire him as he confessed to leaking information at least twice from what I heard.

I just enjoy that the left is so suddenly in love with this guy since he can now serve their purposes after they so fervently wanted him hung from his balls this November/December.  


There is no question that he came off as an honest person telling the truth. Everyone except the liars are in agreement.

He did leak his own notes through a friend to the Times or the Post. That was AFTER he was fired, and AFTER the president uttered these lies:

"He's a showboat, he's grandstander, the FBI has been in turmoil," Trump said of Comey in his wide-ranging interview with Holt. "You know that, I know that. Everybody knows that. You take a look at the FBI a year ago, it was in virtual turmoil, less than a year ago. It hasn't recovered from that."

Comey said of those remarks "Those were lies, plain and simple." today. They have also been refuted by the interim FBI director picked by the Trump administration.

Hard to fire a guy for leaking things he released AFTER he was fired.


Last edited by Teetime on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5612
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by 19delta on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Head Skin wrote:The only smoking gun I heard was that Trump was right to fire him as he confessed to leaking information at least twice from what I heard.

I just enjoy that the left is so suddenly in love with this guy since he can now serve their purposes after they so fervently wanted him hung from his balls this November/December.  

And don't forget that Comey is the same guy who helped the CIA gain legal authority for waterboarding and he also wanted to use federal authority to force Apple to provide a way for the FBI to hack into iPhones.

Eff that guy. He is no patriot.
avatar
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3039
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Teetime on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Stephen Hayes, a very conservative writer for the Daily Standard and FOX news analyst, was blogging the testimony:


11:05 a.m.: Comey has good reason to believe that Trump lied

As Mike Warren notes, FBI Director James Comey testified Thursday that he took notes on his meetings with Donald Trump because he worried Trump would lie about what took place. "I was honestly concerned he might lie about the nature of our meeting," Comey said.

Comey had good reason to believe this, of course. Trump's time in politics has been characterized by a consistent, almost casual dishonesty about matters both large and small – mendacity that stands out even in the context of the truth-challenged world of electoral politics. Trump has lied about things even when there was hard evidence contradicting his claims. Throughout the campaign, Trump's defenders and Republican enablers downplayed or dismissed this dishonesty, and with his election, he seemed to get away with it.

Comey's testimony suggests he didn't and that there are still consequences for lying.–Stephen F. Hayes



_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 5612
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by OSUBucks on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:29 pm

There's no doubt that Trump is very good at lying.
avatar
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3067
Join date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by 19delta on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Teetime wrote:Stephen Hayes, a very conservative writer for the Daily Standard and FOX news analyst, was blogging the testimony:


11:05 a.m.: Comey has good reason to believe that Trump lied

As Mike Warren notes, FBI Director James Comey testified Thursday that he took notes on his meetings with Donald Trump because he worried Trump would lie about what took place. "I was honestly concerned he might lie about the nature of our meeting," Comey said.

Comey had good reason to believe this, of course. Trump's time in politics has been characterized by a consistent, almost casual dishonesty about matters both large and small – mendacity that stands out even in the context of the truth-challenged world of electoral politics. Trump has lied about things even when there was hard evidence contradicting his claims. Throughout the campaign, Trump's defenders and Republican enablers downplayed or dismissed this dishonesty, and with his election, he seemed to get away with it.

Comey's testimony suggests he didn't and that there are still consequences for lying.–Stephen F. Hayes



I agree with everything you have here except the idea that there are consequences for lying. What consequences will Trump face? I find it highly unlikely that a Republican-controlled House will impeach him and even if that does happen it is virtually impossible that a Republican-controlled Senate will convict him.
avatar
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3039
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by 19delta on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:43 pm

OSUBucks wrote:There's no doubt that Trump is very good at lying.

I disagree. I think he is a terrible liar.

He's a terrible liar because so many of the things he says are so brazenly and patently untrue and easily proved to be lies. But the thing is, because he lies so much and so blatantly, it has become normalized. It just isn't questioned any more because the working assumption is that everything he says is a lie.

And he has a whole bunch of apologists willing to say that he simply "misspoke" or was "misheard". The fact is, everyone KNOWS he is lying. But because it is so expected now, apparently no one cares.
avatar
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3039
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by OSUBucks on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:54 pm

19delta wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:There's no doubt that Trump is very good at lying.

I disagree. I think he is a terrible liar.

He's a terrible liar because so many of the things he says are so brazenly and patently untrue and easily proved to be lies. But the thing is, because he lies so much and so blatantly, it has become normalized. It just isn't questioned any more because the working assumption is that everything he says is a lie.

And he has a whole bunch of apologists willing to say that he simply "misspoke" or was "misheard". The fact is, everyone KNOWS he is lying. But because it is so expected now, apparently no one cares.

What I meant is that he can lie without batting an eye and is not the least bit uncomfortable in doing so. I agree that in many cases, the moment he makes the untrue statement most people immediately know that it's a lie.
The man does not appear to have the temperament nor the faculties to be the POTUS. While I disagree with Mike Pence's stances on some issues, he is a well spoken and intelligent man. I thought he clearly beat Tim Kaine in their VP debate. He would at least be qualified for the job.
avatar
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3067
Join date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by BirdWatcher on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:45 pm

OSUBucks wrote:What I meant is that he can lie without batting an eye and is not the least bit uncomfortable in doing so.

You just described 535 people in D.C... plus a few out in the states...

OSUBucks wrote:
He would at least be qualified for the job.

The qualification for the job is 270 electoral votes, age and citizenship. He's 3 for 3.

_________________
The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is what they do with your money after they steal it.
avatar
BirdWatcher
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1873
Join date : 2008-07-08
Age : 58
Location : Jamestown, TN

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Head Skin on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:20 pm

Technically he's 4 for 4. You also have to live in the US for 14 years before getting elected.

Sorry, Civics teacher moment.
avatar
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Posts : 8473
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum