President Trump

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Head Skin on Tue May 16, 2017 6:43 pm

The fact the Rock for president stuff is getting legitimate traction is just further proof how \"f\"ing we are. Although I do think he would be a better candidate than last fall's.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Tue May 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Teetime wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:
Teetime wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:Most people with common sense have simply ruled out the press as reliable or trustworthy due to to many stories that "cry wolf" about the smoking guns that were SURE to land Trump in jail/impeach/embarrass.  But, still haven't.

What stories have proven to be false about Mr. Trump?

Here's one: "Muslim Ban".  Are all muslims banned from entering the US?  No.  

It is not an untrue news story that Donald J Trump proposed a Muslim ban. He did.

Here he is doing so.....

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/

Right now, there is no kind of ban on immigration by Muslims because the courts have not allowed it.

I think that has been pretty well covered by the media.

Nice twist on wording. You got me. Perfect game of "gotcha" I see the left play everyday on TV. I like how you moved the goalposts (it is a football board!) from President Trump's​ Muslim ban that the media and 9th circuit feasted on, to something he said 18 months ago.

That's from Dec. 2015. Trump was not president then, so how exactly was Trump's Muslim ban from 2015 enforced by the Obama administration?
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue May 16, 2017 10:41 pm

Hey, Trump sharing information with China about North Korean missiles became him backtracking on calling China a currency manipulator (which they most certainly are).
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Wed May 17, 2017 11:47 am

Three months ago on this board, I said:

ramblinman wrote:I think Mike Pence will be our next President before the next scheduled Presidential Election in 2020.

Since that post, nothing that has happened in the Trump presidency has served to make me re-think my position. Indeed, I think the only questions now are when and how it will happen.

The only thing that can save Trump is some sort of massive terrorist attack or a war that will cause people to divert their attention from the disaster that is Trump and force them to close ranks and focus on a common enemy deemed even more dangerous and scorn-worthy than Trump.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Wed May 17, 2017 1:03 pm

ramblinman wrote:Three months ago on this board, I said:

ramblinman wrote:I think Mike Pence will be our next President before the next scheduled Presidential Election in 2020.

Since that post, nothing that has happened in the Trump presidency has served to make me re-think my position.  Indeed, I think the only questions now are when and how it will happen.

The only thing that can save Trump is some sort of massive terrorist attack or a war that will cause people to divert their attention from the disaster that is Trump and force them to close ranks and focus on a common enemy deemed even more dangerous and scorn-worthy than Trump.

I don't think, even a war or terrorist attack, anything would divert attention from Trump. He would be seen as the "reason" that the war/attack happened, and if he wasn't president, we would be a land of unicorns and rainbows. In fact, I think one of those occurrences only strengthens the demand for his impeachment or removal.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Wed May 17, 2017 2:14 pm

SIFBCoach7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:Three months ago on this board, I said:

Since that post, nothing that has happened in the Trump presidency has served to make me re-think my position.  Indeed, I think the only questions now are when and how it will happen.

I don't think, even a war or terrorist attack, anything would divert attention from Trump.  He would be seen as the "reason" that the war/attack happened, and if he wasn't president, we would be a land of unicorns and rainbows.  In fact, I think one of those occurrences only strengthens the demand for his impeachment or removal.

Depends on the circumstances, of course.

Given a surprise and heinous attack along the lines of 9/11, I think that would likely have a similar political effect now as it did back in 2001 when, generally speaking, Congress set aside differences and rallied 'round the flag for a time. I sometimes wonder if Bush would have won a second term if there hadn't been a 9/11.

If, on the other hand, Trump were blamed for starting a war that could have been easily prevented, that's different.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Wed May 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Granted, it was a small sample size, but Bush's approval ratings pre 9/11 were in the 50-60% approve range.  That's slightly higher than it was when he was re-elected in November 2004.  His Nov 2004 numbers were also about exactly what Obama's was when he was re-elected in 2012.

Who's to say it would have remained that way from 2001-2004, but who's to say it wouldn't have went up?  Maybe the economy would have just continued to rise without 9/11?  We'll never know.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed May 17, 2017 4:05 pm

SIFBCoach7 wrote:Nice twist on wording. You got me. Perfect game of "gotcha" I see the left play everyday on TV. I like how you moved the goalposts (it is a football board!) from President Trump's​ Muslim ban that the media and 9th circuit feasted on, to something he said 18 months ago.

That's from Dec. 2015. Trump was not president then, so how exactly was Trump's Muslim ban from 2015 enforced by the Obama administration?

Sorry Coach. I wasn't trying to play "gotcha". Let's try again.

I asked "What stories about Mr. Trump have proven to be false?"

You said "Here's one: "Muslim Ban". Are all muslims banned from entering the US? No"

So I guess you will have to show me a news story about Mr. Trump that says we currently have a Muslim ban. I'm not aware of any stories like that, but I may have missed it.

I remember the December 2015 call for a Muslim ban by Mr. Trump. I remember stories that covered that.

Are you saying that there were news stories that said there is a Muslim ban now in effect? I'm looking for an incorrect story about Mr. Trump, give me a link to one that says Muslims are banned from entering the country.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Wed May 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Here's just a few, but I'm not going more than 2 Google pages deep because I lack time. The images from protests sure seem to make one think that these people were told/informed it was a muslim ban.
This one is cute:

Schumer sure thinks it is...
"A watered-down ban is still a ban," Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer of New York said in a statement. "Despite the administration's changes, this dangerous executive order makes us less safe, not more, it is mean-spirited, and un-American. It must be repealed."

Or this federal judge:
Donald Trump's revised executive order is a Muslim ban, says Hawaii federal judge
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-hawaii-federal-judge-derrick-watson-blocked-executive-order-travel-a7632591.html

Or this: http://www.teenvogue.com/story/trump-executive-order-muslim-ban

SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Wed May 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Teetime wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:Nice twist on wording. You got me. Perfect game of "gotcha" I see the left play everyday on TV. I like how you moved the goalposts (it is a football board!) from President Trump's​ Muslim ban that the media and 9th circuit feasted on, to something he said 18 months ago.

Sorry Coach. I wasn't trying to play "gotcha". Let's try again.

I asked "What stories about Mr. Trump have proven to be false?"

You said "Here's one: "Muslim Ban".  Are all muslims banned from entering the US?  No"

So I guess you will have to show me a news story about Mr. Trump that says we currently have a Muslim ban. I'm not aware of any stories like that, but I may have missed it.

I remember the December 2015 call for a Muslim ban by Mr. Trump. I remember stories that covered that.

Are you saying that there were news stories that said there is a Muslim ban now in effect? I'm looking for an incorrect story about Mr. Trump, give me a link to one that says Muslims are banned from entering the country.

The bolded question was answered and I just provided a few links above. Your question to show a story about "current" or "now in effect" was not what I thought you were asking. Of course there are no current stories about it, because we've moved on to more important Trump/Russia, Flynn, Comey, National Security stories daily. I get it, Trumps an idiot, but my whole point was that it only seems like the media and D.C. (R or D) are trying to find this magic smoking gun to be the ones to break the story that gets him to resign or impeached. Better to be first than accurate. They are so hell bent on getting him out of office, like HRC will magically become Prez, they won't stop trying to throw something/anything against the wall to see if it'll stick.

SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed May 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Those two dogs were opposed to the Muslim ban that candidate Trump proposed in December of 2015. They heard it from him. Very Happy

I get it now.

Every problem President Trump has had lately with bad media stories have been the fault of one guy. The President himself.

You can try and blame the media, but the blame goes to the guy at the top.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie on Wed May 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Teetime wrote:the blame goes to the guy at the top.

So we are operating under different rules than we did from January 2009-January 2017?
Reggie
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed May 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Reggie wrote:

So we are operating under different rules than we did from January 2009-January 2017?

Same rules.

It's just that we didn't have any problems like these during those years.

You surely aren't saying it's Obama's fault that President Trump asked the FBI director to stop investigating the criminals in the Trump administration?

Thank God that sort of crap didn't happen from 2009 to Jan of 2017.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Wed May 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Politically I'm an Independent. I have too many disagreements with the two parties to say that I'm one or the other. I don't take some of the news I hear on TV too seriously. When David Gergen talks though I always listen. The man certainly isn't pro Democrat. He has served GOP Presidents and the man knows what he's talking about. When he says that we are now in Impeachment territory you know that this is a serious situation. Trump just can't get out of his own way. He is sure acting like a man who is hiding something. The GOP agenda has pretty much ground to a halt because of the scandal swirling around Trump. I would think they'd want him gone too. Trump is absolutely unfit for office and the sooner he's gone the better.
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Thu May 18, 2017 3:57 pm

Teetime wrote:
Reggie wrote:

Same rules.

You surely aren't saying it's Obama's fault that President Trump asked the FBI director to stop investigating the criminals in the Trump administration?

Didn't the FBI Director indicate, under oath, (the first time we had this investigation in May) that at no time did he ever have interference from the Trump administration in his investigation? That he was never asked to drop the case? But now there's a magic memo that no one's seen, that indicates otherwise? So which is it?

Comey either lied under oath to the senate commt., or he's lying about this "memo", or somebody just made something up and called the Washington Post to start another story.

Maybe this final investigation by a special counsel of the investigation that was investigating collusion by Trump/Russia will finally get us an answer. But what if it's not the answer Schumer, et al. want? Do we have another investigation (cubed) of the special counsel to find out why their investigation didn't find any collusion? When will enough be enough? If they do find something, I hope they throw Trump out on his butt within 30 minutes.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie on Thu May 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Teetime wrote:
Reggie wrote:

Same rules.

Fast and Furious. Benghazi. Clinton's server. Illegal searches of reporters without warrants. Eagerness to cry "Racism" without any facts, yet alone the correct facts.

None of it the president's fault. Everything that happened from 2001-09. President's fault. Everything happening now? President's fault. From 2009-17? Not president's fault.
Reggie
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Fri May 19, 2017 11:48 am

SIFBCoach7 wrote:
Comey either lied under oath to the senate commt., or he's lying about this "memo"...

then he needs to be fired.

oh, wait...
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Fri May 19, 2017 3:47 pm

SIFBCoach7 wrote:Didn't the FBI Director indicate, under oath, (the first time we had this investigation in May) that at no time did he ever have interference from the Trump administration in his investigation?  

Nope. He didn't say that at all.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Fri May 19, 2017 4:06 pm

Reggie wrote:
Teetime wrote:
Reggie wrote:

Same rules.

Fast and Furious.  Benghazi.  Clinton's server.  Illegal searches of reporters without warrants.  Eagerness to cry "Racism" without any facts, yet alone the correct facts.

None of it the president's fault.  Everything that happened from 2001-09.  President's fault.  Everything happening now?  President's fault.  From 2009-17?  Not president's fault.

I'm pretty sure that during his eight years as president Mr. Trump will have plenty of cases where his underlings screw up something and he won't take the blame. I can't see him being the sort of guy that would fall on his sword for anyone. He seems like the kind of guy that would throw anyone under the bus if it buys him a few hours of peace and quiet.

These items that have vexed the President during his first 120 days were not underlings doing something wrong.....they were the head honcho, the main man, the big cheese.....screwing the pooch by giving Israel's hard earned highly classified info the the Russians, who were backslapping and having a hell of a time with him inside the oval office, then asking the FBI director the drop his criminal case against General Mike Flynn because he was a nice guy.

He has nobody else to blame.

By the way, Benghazi was the subject of nine different congressional investigations, I think fast and furious had one investigation at least, and Clinton's email server was investigated by both congress and the FBI. There was also the IRS delaying the approval of the non-profit status of a handful of political fundraising organizations, I think it was investigated by both the House and Senate.  Do you remember any charges against President Obama resulting from any of those?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Fri May 19, 2017 4:51 pm

Teetime wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:Didn't the FBI Director indicate, under oath, (the first time we had this investigation in May) that at no time did he ever have interference from the Trump administration in his investigation?  

Nope. He didn't say that at all.

SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Fri May 19, 2017 5:54 pm

Exactly.

Nobody in the Justice Department, including the Attorney General, asked that the investigation be halted.

Mr. Trump kicked the Attorney General and the Vice President out of the room before he asked the FBI Director to make the investigation go away. Why would he do that?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Sat May 20, 2017 2:40 pm

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2017/05/19/comey-agrees-testify-open-session-before-senate-intelligence-committee/dxJJ6Sq5YliSJrzpnzh1SO/story.html

It looks like former FBI Director Comey will testify in public and under oath. I'm willing to watch and see if it looks like the truth. I'm willing to compare whatever he has to say vs whatever President Trump might have to say (or tweet) in response to the sworn testimony.

I think it should be revealing.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Thu May 25, 2017 4:54 pm

All I know is my 401k is up a quarter million since Nov 9th, and I still don't watch TV....

... seems all good to me. Wink

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu May 25, 2017 6:59 pm

Good for you.

I have a client who thinks the president is nuts. His non-retirement investment  account was up $110,000 at the he came in for taxes (March 20 or so) so he scraped that $110k off the top, opened a separate account and called it the "Trump Bump" account. It will only be used for his grandkids college tuition.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu May 25, 2017 7:04 pm

"When Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States on January 20, 2009, the U.S. stock market was in free fall. The financial crisis was in full swing following the collapse of Lehman Brothers and the Standard & Poor’s 500 index, a popular measure of the U.S. stock market, closed at 805 points on Inauguration Day.

Eight years later, the S&P 500 index has risen to 2,274 points after one of the great bull runs in stock market history. With Obama as president, the U.S. stock market, as measured by the S&P 500, returned 235%, or 16.4% annualized."

From Forbes.

Your welcome!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top