Spring Football

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Spring Football

Post by mc140 on Tue May 09, 2017 10:25 pm

Gridiron Guy wrote:How about this for a summer schedule,
- Winter sports (BB/Wrestling) get the month of June, with 15 contact days to use
- Fall Sports get July, with 15 contact days
- The dead period stays where it is currently.

Of course, you could still have weightroom days in June as a Fall Sports program, or in July, as a winter sports program.

Baseball/Softball go all summer the way it is anyway.

Having kids come for lifting is no different than doing football stuff.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Tue May 09, 2017 11:56 pm

mc140 wrote:
- Winter sports (BB/Wrestling) get the month of June, with 15 contact days to use

Of course, you could still have weightroom days in June as a Fall Sports program, or in July, as a winter sports program.

I guess we'll have to disagree on that point. Open the weightroom for a couple of hours and doing a little conditioning is different than football stuff for us.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Wed May 10, 2017 7:19 am

I think that's true for many programs regarding the difference between working out and doing some running as opposed to football activities. If you're just lifting and doing some conditioning, the amount of time required is much less. If you're lifting, conditioning, and doing football activities it requires quite a bit more time; from the kids and the coaching staff. If my kids are just lifting, I personally don't need my entire staff there. I think sometimes the thing that gets lost here is not just the time of these kids, but also the assistant coaches, some of whom don't work in education and have regular jobs. I'd be willing to bet that many of us have staffs that are made up of at least some non-teaching coaches.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Wed May 10, 2017 2:03 pm

lefty120 wrote:I think that's true for many programs regarding the difference between working out and doing some running as opposed to football activities. If you're just lifting and doing some conditioning, the amount of time required is much less. If you're lifting, conditioning, and doing football activities it requires quite a bit more time; from the kids and the coaching staff. If my kids are just lifting, I personally don't need my entire staff there. I think sometimes the thing that gets lost here is not just the time of these kids, but also the assistant coaches, some of whom don't work in education and have regular jobs. I'd be willing to bet that many of us have staffs that are made up of at least some non-teaching coaches.

It is getting harder and harder to put in the amount of time like I used to in the summer. Of our 8 Coaches only 2 are in the building in our district, 2 Others that work in other school districts (BBCHS and Iroquois West) and then myself and 3 others who are not in the education field at all. Makes for some creative scheduling sometimes.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 on Fri May 12, 2017 11:45 pm

OldTitan wrote:
mc140 wrote:

I guess we'll have to disagree on that point. Open the weightroom for a couple of hours and doing a little conditioning is different than football stuff for us.

It involves waking up, getting to school and putting in work. Whether it is lifting or football drills you are still spending the time at school.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Sat May 13, 2017 8:57 am

OldTitan wrote:
mc140 wrote:

Would the athletes see it that way, though? We go out of our way to stress that our summer lifting program is a continuation of the school year program that is for all athletes regardless of sport and that all athletes are expected to attend...and the kids still all refer to it as "football lifting" when the summer months come along.
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top