Dream Games

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream Games

Post by ramblinman on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:04 pm

A few weeks ago on Edgy's board, there was a thread asking for interesting match ups. Thought I might pose the same question here. I would add that these should be games you would like to see that either have rarely been played or have never been played. Here are a bunch I've come up with, most of which are Chicago area centric, but I've included a few from other parts of the state:

Loyola vs New Trier
Nazareth vs Lyons Twp and Fenwick
Fenwick vs Oak Park-River Forest
Montini vs Glenbard West
IC vs York
Phillips vs ESL, Rochester and Montini
ESL vs Peoria
Carmel vs Libertyville
Marist vs Lincoln Way East
Barrington vs Hinsdale Central
Benet vs Providence
Bishop Mac vs Herscher
SHG vs Nazareth and Peoria
Althoff vs. PND
Edwardsville vs. Stevenson
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream Games

Post by wolverine55 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:44 pm

On a personal note, Keokuk IA versus either West Hancock or Illini West...at present, Iowa teams don't get to play anyone from outside the state and these would be good rivalry games for us simply based on location.
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:06 pm

SHG vs Naz sure sounds interesting. I'd pass on SHG vs Peoria. I saw that act before, I believe it was 2014 Semifinals. Let's just say I don't care much for that program.
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:10 pm

Tolono Unity vs. Wilmington - These teams have never met and would be a great matchup of two 3A historical powers.

SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:11 pm

SIFBCoach7 wrote:Tolono Unity vs. Wilmington  - These teams have never met and would be a great matchup of two 3A historical powers.

I could've sworn they played a couple 2-4 years ago in the quarters or semis.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:12 pm

OSUBucks wrote:SHG vs Naz sure sounds interesting. I'd pass on SHG vs Peoria. I saw that act before, I believe it was 2014 Semifinals. Let's just say I don't care much for that program.
What? You didn't like your tickets to Suplex City?

Razz
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:15 pm

I would nominate Sullivan Okaw Valley vs Stillman Valley if only because it can only happen in the state championship.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:21 pm

It was indeed a suplex Head Skin and it happened right in front of me. An all state DE slamming a 160 lb. reserve to the ground. What got me was that about two thirds of their fans stood and gave the guy a standing ovation. The other one third stayed in their seats, embarrassed by what they had seen.
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:28 pm

ESL v Bolingbrook

Mater Dei v Newman

Althoff v SHG (in certain seasons)
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:58 pm

Head Skin wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:Tolono Unity vs. Wilmington  - These teams have never met and would be a great matchup of two 3A historical powers.

I could've sworn they played a couple 2-4 years ago in the quarters or semis.

Nope they have never played. Wilmo and SJO seem to play every year. Tolono being 8 more miles south than SJO usually sends them to the southern bracket. I would love to see this matchup as well.

I'll add Monticello vs. Mahomet, I know there is a size discrepancy but both towns don't seem to like each other very much.

Bishop Mac and Herscher played a few years ago but I would like to see Bishop Mac vs. Manteno.
dusty7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:08 am

dusty7 wrote:

I'll add Monticello vs. Mahomet, I know there is a size discrepancy but both towns don't seem to like each other very much.

We were conference rivals back in the old Okaw Conference days (around 1970-1985). There really is not much of a rivalry anymore. It has a lot to do with the fact Mahomet is twice as large as Monticello these days.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:59 am

Mahomet has outgrown most of it's rivalries. Clinton/MS used to be terribly fierce rivals in wrestling in the 80s/90s and even into the early 2000s. Now? Not so much. MS is like 3-400 kids bigger. I think this season was the first time Clinton beat MS since 2001. I don't think either side sees it as much of a rivalry anymore. MS sent their JV one year to wrestle Clinton's varsity.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:13 am

Looking foward to a Morris/Westmont matchup when Morris joins I8 Dueling pukers
4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:22 am

4a(6afornet)north wrote:Looking foward to a Morris/Westmont matchup when Morris joins I8  Dueling pukers

Welcome to the I8. Heard that MCHS has expressed interest.

Westmont is horrible, but certainly not any more horrible than the average CPL team. I know in the past you guys have had to schedule CPL non con a time or two.
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:56 am

Doctor D, I am EXTREMELY disappointed in your avatar change.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:05 am

Head Skin wrote:Doctor D, I am EXTREMELY disappointed in your avatar change.

You're grumpy.
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:25 pm

That is much better. cheers
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Doctor D wrote:

You're grumpy.  
And I'm not grumpy. I'd just rather look at some hot females than something that looks like it came from a Limp Bizkit union tribute album.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Is that what your avatar is supposed to be HS? The Limp Bizkit thingy?

Or is is a racist symbol, mocking the warrior heritage of the native American tribes that once proudly occupied Central Illinois?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Doctor D wrote:

You're grumpy.  

Dr. D..........I love girls with big glasses.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Teetime wrote:
Doctor D wrote:

You're grumpy.  

Dr. D..........I love girls with big glasses.

I thought you just loved Cubs hats.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Doctor D wrote:
4a(6afornet)north wrote:Looking foward to a Morris/Westmont matchup when Morris joins I8  Dueling pukers

Welcome to the I8.  Heard that MCHS has expressed interest.  

Westmont is horrible, but certainly not any more horrible than the average CPL team.  I know in the past you guys have had to schedule CPL non con a time or two.  

Oh I know about Westmont...Morris played them in 2002 when they were in the "Southwest Suburban Paririe Conference Red,White,Blue Division"...it was about 6 different names over the years.....anyway,yes it was a ugly bloodbath. As far as CPS teams,that has been more common in recent years.I remember the days of scheduling say Pontiac,Minooka,Driscoll,JCA,Bishop Mac,Naperville North even St Rita for non conference games.I guess when you think you will have trouble winning games in your conference,you look for easier games.
There could be some great rivalries if they join the I8...looking forward to the Coal City games in the future.Even Sandwich and Plano could be some nice ones...how about a Wilmington?Morris game??? Things have changed in recent years...this never would of been discussed about 15 years ago.
4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:54 am

4a(6afornet)north wrote:
Doctor D wrote:

Welcome to the I8.  Heard that MCHS has expressed interest.  

Westmont is horrible, but certainly not any more horrible than the average CPL team.  I know in the past you guys have had to schedule CPL non con a time or two.  

Oh I know about Westmont...Morris played them in 2002 when they were in the "Southwest Suburban Paririe Conference Red,White,Blue Division"...it was about 6 different names over the years.....anyway,yes it was a ugly bloodbath. As far as CPS teams,that has been more common in recent years.I remember the days of scheduling say Pontiac,Minooka,Driscoll,JCA,Bishop Mac,Naperville North even St Rita for non conference games.I guess when you think you will have trouble winning games in your conference,you look for easier games.
There could be some great rivalries if they join the I8...looking forward to the Coal City games in the future.Even Sandwich and Plano could be some nice ones...how about a Wilmington?Morris game??? Things have changed in recent years...this never would of been discussed about 15 years ago.

IF... Morris joins the I8, they will likely dominate the league in football for at least the short term. You guys are a little more up and down over the past 10 years as compared to the 20 before that, but still an average year for you guys would likely result in a clean sweep of the conference. A few of the schools are growing, and I think that some could be competitive with you guys. Overall, it is my opinion that the addition of Morris would only prove to make the conference stronger - as the other teams try to catch up. Would certainly be a pretty salty small/mid size school league.
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:18 pm

4a(6afornet)north wrote: There could be some great rivalries if they join the I8...looking forward to the Coal City games in the future.Even Sandwich and Plano could be some nice ones...how about a Wilmington?Morris game??? Things have changed in recent years...this never would of been discussed about 15 years ago.

Don't forget about Herscher.  Smile

If I recall correctly, didn't HHSTigerfan have some sort of connection to Morris schools?  Does/did his wife work or sub in one maybe?  Regardless, I recall some of his posts about Morris as seemingly having some inside information.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:10 pm

ramblinman wrote:
4a(6afornet)north wrote: There could be some great rivalries if they join the I8...looking forward to the Coal City games in the future.Even Sandwich and Plano could be some nice ones...how about a Wilmington?Morris game??? Things have changed in recent years...this never would of been discussed about 15 years ago.

Don't forget about Herscher.  Smile

If I recall correctly, didn't HHSTigerfan have some sort of connection to Morris schools?  Does/did his wife work or sub in one maybe?  Regardless, I recall some of his posts about Morris as seemingly having some inside information.
I do not believe HHS is a married man any longer.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top