2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Page 25 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by net on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Horsefeather wrote:
OldTitan wrote:I heard a rumor of who is interviewing for the Champaign Central HFC job. A very familiar name to Turksters!

Khal?

ummmm.....maybe. Wink
avatar
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 4733
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 53
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by dusty7 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:47 am

Saw on IHSS that Arthur-Lovington-Atwood-Hammond is open.
avatar
dusty7
Bee-otch

Posts : 767
Join date : 2010-06-21
Location : Grundy County

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by OldTitan on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:12 am

dusty7 wrote:Saw on IHSS that Arthur-Lovington-Atwood-Hammond is open.

Is Dale retiring? A few years ago he was head coach of three sports - not sure if that is the case lately.
avatar
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Posts : 2076
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:21 am

OldTitan wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Saw on IHSS that Arthur-Lovington-Atwood-Hammond is open.

Is Dale retiring? A few years ago he was head coach of three sports - not sure if that is the case lately.
No on the retirement. Let go from football and basketball. I want to say only 2-3 years from retirement.

I can't speak to the last 2 years, but he was also helping with baseball and I think track when his son was in school.

Pretty shitty situation IMO. He and I had some great battles and were very different people with different philosophies, but he is a very good coach. You knew his kids were going to play hard and be prepared for you. I think that's the best thing you can say about a coach.
avatar
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 9222
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by OldTitan on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:36 pm

Head Skin wrote:
Pretty shitty situation IMO. †He and I had some great battles and were very different people with different philosophies, but he is a very good coach. †You knew his kids were going to play hard and be prepared for you. †I think that's the best thing you can say about a coach.

Ouch. I always say I am one Board election away from getting fired.
avatar
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Posts : 2076
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by dusty7 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Head Skin wrote:
OldTitan wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Saw on IHSS that Arthur-Lovington-Atwood-Hammond is open.

Is Dale retiring? A few years ago he was head coach of three sports - not sure if that is the case lately.
No on the retirement. †Let go from football and basketball. †I want to say only 2-3 years from retirement.

I can't speak to the last 2 years, but he was also helping with baseball and I think track when his son was in school. †

Pretty shitty situation IMO. †He and I had some great battles and were very different people with different philosophies, but he is a very good coach. †You knew his kids were going to play hard and be prepared for you. †I think that's the best thing you can say about a coach.

I agree 100%. Has he done anything wrong with the programs in which he has coached? I would think if the board had any foresight they would use this opportunity to bring in a younger coach and have Dale help show them the ropes.
avatar
dusty7
Bee-otch

Posts : 767
Join date : 2010-06-21
Location : Grundy County

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by dusty7 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:02 pm

Unconfirmed but rumor that Clinton may be open again.
avatar
dusty7
Bee-otch

Posts : 767
Join date : 2010-06-21
Location : Grundy County

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by footballguy99 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Not a rumor. It has been confirmed for some time now and the job has been posted for some time as well.

footballguy99
Bee-otch

Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Head Skin wrote:Clinton opens up one year and a week after officially filling last year.

dusty7 wrote:Unconfirmed but rumor that Clinton may be open again.
Wink Wink Wink Wink

Very Happy
avatar
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 9222
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by dusty7 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:13 pm

footballguy99 wrote:Not a rumor. It has been confirmed for some time now and the job has been posted for some time as well.


I guess I should look at the job postings before I post.


Yep, you are right on that one.
avatar
dusty7
Bee-otch

Posts : 767
Join date : 2010-06-21
Location : Grundy County

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:19 pm

dusty7 wrote:
footballguy99 wrote:Not a rumor. It has been confirmed for some time now and the job has been posted for some time as well.


I guess I should look at the job postings before I post.


Yep, you are right on that one. †
Just harassing you a little.

Rumor is there will be another CIC opening this spring.
avatar
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 9222
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Vanilla on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:29 pm

Head Skin wrote:
Head Skin wrote:Clinton opens up one year and a week after officially filling last year.

dusty7 wrote:Unconfirmed but rumor that Clinton may be open again.
Wink Wink Wink Wink

Very Happy

To be fair, this is a 25-page thread ostensibly for jobs opening up two years ago. I'm surprised there hasn't been more multiple posts like this in it. Just sayin'.

Is it time to maybe unsticky this thread and start a new one for the upcoming season, or are you all happier staying here? Since I'm out of football coaching these days, I ask only in the context of an interested observer rather than someone with the swag to demand change.
avatar
Vanilla
Bee-otch

Posts : 222
Join date : 2009-11-06
Age : 43
Location : Ogle County

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:23 pm

Vanilla wrote:

To be fair, this is a 25-page thread ostensibly for jobs opening up two years ago. I'm surprised there hasn't been more multiple posts like this in it. Just sayin'.
Since when have we been fair? Razz Wink Cool Twisted Evil tongue
avatar
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 9222
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Head Skin wrote:

Rumor is there will be another CIC opening this spring.

I've heard that rumor, as well.

avatar
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Posts : 771
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:44 pm

SIFBCoach7 wrote:
Head Skin wrote:

Rumor is there will be another CIC opening this spring.

I've heard that rumor, as well.

I had heard that you had heard.
avatar
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 9222
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Pirate on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 pm

Offensive coordinator Jason Drengenwitz takes over at Normal Community for Coach Temples. Great choice, the program will not miss a beat with Jason taking over. Look forward to working with him this season

Pirate
Bee-otch

Posts : 39
Join date : 2012-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Coach53 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:06 am

Jack Cornell at QND

Coach53
Bee-otch

Posts : 202
Join date : 2013-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by general maximus on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:33 am

Pirate wrote:Offensive coordinator Jason Drengenwitz takes over at Normal Community for Coach Temples. Great choice, the program will not miss a beat with Jason taking over. Look forward to working with him this season

Jason is a quality guy. I tried to hire him back in Springfield. We would have been lucky to have him. Happy to see him taking over. Good for him.

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Bighitter11 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 pm

Chad Gross in at Ottawa
avatar
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1262
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by wolverine55 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:32 am

No surprise here, but Jack Cornell--QND and University of Illinois football alum--named QND head coach:

http://khqa.com/sports/content/full-circle-jack-cornell-tabbed-to-helm-qnd-football


Whoops...I'll leave the link but missed that it had already been posted...


avatar
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 2892
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 38
Location : Keokuk, Iowa

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:06 am

God damned it wolverine!!
avatar
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 9222
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by wolverine55 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:11 am

I know...I'm normally particular about making sure stuff hasn't been posted as I'm normally one of the last to know who fills jobs...
avatar
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 2892
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 38
Location : Keokuk, Iowa

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:25 am

Interesting tidbit I heard. Pontiac reached out to Mick Peterson but he turned them down.
avatar
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1262
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:33 am

Head Skin wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:
Head Skin wrote:Clinton opens up one year and a week after officially filling last year.

I know just the guy for that job
Enjoy your time in the homeland...

Arent you from Clinton
Besides, Iím enjoying life as a Redskin. †Find a way to win a few games and Iím good barring major administrative turnover or some community changing event.
I should've added district financial restraints to my list.

I guess I'll use my 9,000th post to let my fellow Turksters know that Sullivan Okaw Valley will be open. My teaching position is getting RIFed.

Anybody who knows of any Social Studies or Driver Ed teaching jobs who need a football coach in the Central Illinois area, hit a brother up.
avatar
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 9222
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by footballguy99 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:54 am

Head Skin wrote:
I should've added district financial restraints to my list. †

I guess I'll use my 9,000th post to let my fellow Turksters know that Sullivan Okaw Valley will be open. †My teaching position is getting RIFed.

Anybody who knows of any Social Studies or Driver Ed teaching jobs who need a football coach in the Central Illinois area, hit a brother up.

I believe Warrensburg-Latham has driver's ed open, but I have heard they have started conducting interviews. It might be worth your while though to call today and see if you can apply, as you have head coaching experience.

Are you not certified in PE? I saw that Sullivan has an anticipated PE position posted.

footballguy99
Bee-otch

Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum