fat man challenge

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: fat man challenge

Post by BirdWatcher on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:31 am

I have my 40th HS reunion at the end of June.... my goal is to show up there at the same weight I graduated: 175 pounds. Started at 202, now 200. 2 pounds a week, shouldn't be a problem.. Shocked

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:17 pm

262 this morning after the run. 266 before.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:56 pm

Today's goal 198. Hit 197.6

Actually ran a couple miles.

The goal here is to lose the 2 pounds a week, but steady, and within my current lifestyle... still drink some beers on the weekend (which for me start on Tuesday). Avoid breads and carbs.... it's obvious I'm never gonna be able to swim daily or even run 6-7 miles at a time anymore.... so hike more, run some, eat less, be sensible.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:28 am

260 after the run Saturday morning. 264 this morning out of bed.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:15 pm

I intermittently post in this thread. Some of you know me, and know that I had thyroid cancer this past fall, and underwent surgery. For the next 6 weeks, I didn't exercise much, and was trying to get my medications under control and changing dosages once to get to where the doctor's want me, and generally felt sorry for myself. Not something I was really used to dealing with. Long story short, I started the new year at 234, and made a goal to start exercising again, and tracking my food intake. I am currently at 219, and would like to get under 210. (I played my last year of College at 210) I've only been under 210 once in the last 15 years. I have an incredible sweet tooth, and that's my biggest drawback. Hoping to get back into some sort of shape besides round.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:49 pm

SIFBCoach7 wrote:I intermittently post in this thread.  Some of you know me, and know that I had thyroid cancer this past fall, and underwent surgery.  For the next 6 weeks, I didn't exercise much, and was trying to get my medications under control and changing dosages once to get to where the doctor's want me, and generally felt sorry for myself.  Not something I was really used to dealing with.  Long story short, I started the new year at 234, and made a goal to start exercising again, and tracking my food intake.  I am currently at 219, and would like to get under 210.  (I played my last year of College at 210)  I've only been under 210 once in the last 15 years.  I have an incredible sweet tooth, and that's my biggest drawback.  Hoping to get back into some sort of shape besides round.

I hope your recovery is going well.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:18 pm

center wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:I intermittently post in this thread.  Some of you know me, and know that I had thyroid cancer this past fall, and underwent surgery.  For the next 6 weeks, I didn't exercise much, and was trying to get my medications under control and changing dosages once to get to where the doctor's want me, and generally felt sorry for myself.  Not something I was really used to dealing with.  Long story short, I started the new year at 234, and made a goal to start exercising again, and tracking my food intake.  I am currently at 219, and would like to get under 210.  (I played my last year of College at 210)  I've only been under 210 once in the last 15 years.  I have an incredible sweet tooth, and that's my biggest drawback.  Hoping to get back into some sort of shape besides round.

I hope your recovery is going well.

Thanks. Have a 6 month tumor marker check up in July to see if there is any more growth, but they think they got almost all with surgery. No radiation or chemo so far!!!
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:16 pm

260 Saturday morning after run. 263 before.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Wed May 17, 2017 2:05 pm

This weekend is the Spartan Beast. Off my target weight, but feel pretty good about it. 12 miles long, 30 obstacles.

If I don't post again by Tuesday, go ahead and post SOV in the HC Openings thread. Laughing
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sun May 21, 2017 10:30 pm

It was just over 12 miles, 33 obstacles. Finished in just under 6 hours. 5:56. Last year we did the Super- 8 miles, 28 obstacles- in 4:30.

Leg 2 of the Trifecta- the Super- is June 10th. Leg 3, the Sprint- 4 miles, 20 obstacles- is July 8th.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach53 on Mon May 22, 2017 7:56 am

I am assuming that you did not die...

Coach53
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon May 22, 2017 10:54 am

I wanted to at various times, but I am alive.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu May 25, 2017 4:50 pm

Hey Head Skin!

I'm just now seeing that you have changed schools. I thought some of the stuff you were posting in football related threads sounded wrong for the old school.

Congratulations. I hope it turns out to be a fantastic position for you.

You know Sullivan has that Little Theater on the Square. I think you would be great in the title role if they ever do Hamilton.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:33 pm

I don't know why, but I just saw this tee. +1.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:36 pm

Spartan Super done today in 3:18. 7.5 miles, 25 obstacles. Took 4 hours 30+ mins last year.

Last leg of the Trifecta July 10th. The sprint- 4 miles, 20 obstacles.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:32 am

Head Skin wrote:Spartan Super done today in 3:18.  7.5 miles, 25 obstacles.  Took 4 hours 30+ mins last year.

Last leg of the Trifecta July 10th.  The sprint- 4 miles, 20 obstacles.

I think I need to do one of these with you.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:58 pm

It was way less disastrous than it was last year.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:17 am

Finally decided to get serious about losing fat.

Strength is good. Last week, I benched 405lbs, squatted 455lbs (could have done a lot more but stopped there because I didn't have any spotters) and dead lifted 485lbs (yeah...that's not good). My dead lift sucks. And I am a fatass.

We have been out of school since May 27th. I'm already down 20 pounds. Probably could have been even better. I didn't get really serious until June 7th.

I'm doing at least 45 minutes of cardio a day. I basically watch two episodes of "The Office" on Netflix while on the elliptical or recumbent bike. After cardio, I do some mobility stuff (my flexibility is embarrassingly bad) and then lift. Doing Jim Wendler's 5-3-1 program and loving it.

As far as eating goes, I'm trying to cut out refined sugar as much as possible. Only have had a couple sodas this summer and those came with whiskey at the Metallica concert at Soldier Field. Other than that, I have only been drinking water, black coffee, and an occasional Gatorade or glass of bourbon. I have been having a 4-egg omlet for breakfast. No cheese...just veggies for filling. Probably about 400-500 calories. Then, I usually eat a pretty big dinner around 6pm or so. Last night, I had 3 grilled chicken thighs and a bag of mixed Italian vegetables with butter. That was about 900-1000 calories. That's pretty typical. Trying to get right around 1500 calories a day. So far, I really haven't been hungry. I just try not to eat unless I really need to. So, no snacking or comfort food. Just haven't felt like I needed them.

Long-term goal is to do a powerlifting meet in the 275lbs weight class with my two sons.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:13 pm

+1 from me!  

My weight fluctuates, but I'm down 20 pounds since May 8th and have done almost no running in that time, although I do walk almost every day.  Big change is that I've gotten back into strength training.  It has been so long since I've lifted legs seriously that I'm just completing a 31-day Lunge/Squat/Pushup challenge where you do these exercises everyday but since it's body weight, less strain on body so that you can do them everyday.  Plus, I've worked in some extra upper body lifting during the month.

Tomorrow is last day of this challenge, so taking rest of week of off legs and then starting next week, I'll get squats and deadlifts back into my regular routine. I'm pretty excited to be getting back into strength training. I'm looking for a changeup because, while my body never really reflected it, I was a fairly serious jogger and would do 5.5-6.5 miles at a time 4-5 times a week. I've just gotten to the point where I don't want to spend 90 minutes a day jogging...
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by #35 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:54 pm

I need to get back in this. When you're weight is that of a Chicagoland expressway, it's time to do something.

Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:51 pm

Down another 8lbs. I have dropped 28lbs since June 7th.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:29 pm

Finished the Trifecta today with a 2 hour Sprint. 4.5 miles, 20ish obstacles. A ton of hills- it was at a ski resort.

Honestly glad to be done with it.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:37 am

Down another 8lbs. Have lost almost 40lbs total since June 7th.

Diet:
- I have been consuming right around 1500 calories a day, sometimes less.
- Eating a lot of grilled chicken quarters (legs and thighs) and am eating at least 1 quarter per day.
- Eating at least 1/2 dozen eggs a day and lots of vegetables
- Eating a couple apples a day. Fiber keeps things moving.
- No soda or beer. Just water (with a splash of lemon juice), about a pot of black coffee a day, and an occasional brown liquor.

Exercise:
- I'm getting at least 45 minutes of cardio a day every day, sometimes more. Been doing "fasted" cardio. I don't eat anything until after I get the cardio done. Usually, it's at least 12 hours since I have eaten when I do cardio.
- Lifting 4 days a week. Doing Wendler 5-3-1. Love it.
- Strength is suffering a little. Cardio workouts are fine but I'm finding that my energy is not quite what I need to get through a lifting session. Going to experiment with a more protein (thinking beef jerky) and will also adjust my eating sked to make sure that I eat both before and after I lift. Also, my legs are shot. Doing 45-90 minutes on the elliptical every day has led to pretty sore thighs. Definitely feeling it on dead lift and squat days. That's OK. Priority now is dropping fat. I can regain any lost strength later.

Generally speaking, this is the best I have felt in a long time. About 7 years ago, I dropped about 75 pounds but gained it all back and then some. I find that I have a lot of energy now. Prior to this summer, I was always tired, mostly because I couldn't sleep worth a darn. I would maybe get 45 minutes to an hour of sleep at a time before waking up. I would wake up 5-6 times during the night and never got a really good sleep. Now, I'm sleeping really well and feeling refreshed when I wake up in the morning. I had also developed the "fat guy cough" (google it...it's a thing! Laughing ). That is pretty much completely gone. Just feeling really good. Got another 5 weeks until school starts. Would like to drop another 30-40 pounds by then.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:32 am

Beef jerky is good.  Maybe try some cottage cheese for protein.  If you can get the right kind it's 160 calories with about 24-30 grams of protein per cup.

I eat a crap ton of it.  I try to eat about 200 grams of protein a day and cottage cheese is usually my go to post lift snack if I'm close to home.  Otherwise I just have a scoop of protein powder in water.  It's disgusting but it gets you your protein.  

Good job so far and keep up the good work.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:05 pm

Head Skin wrote:Beef jerky is good.  Maybe try some cottage cheese for protein.  If you can get the right kind it's 160 calories with about 24-30 grams of protein per cup.

I eat a crap ton of it.  I try to eat about 200 grams of protein a day and cottage cheese is usually my go to post lift snack if I'm close to home.  Otherwise I just have a scoop of protein powder in water.  It's disgusting but it gets you your protein.  

Good job so far and keep up the good work.

Thanks, Head Skin. I appreciate. I know you were a 300+lber at one point and worked your ass off to get fit so you know the struggle. Cottage cheese sounds good. I like it. I have also been doing the Greek yogurt thing. Stuff tastes just like sour cream!

I try to get about 200 grams a day, myself. I know the old saying was 1 gram of protein for each pound of desired lean body mass. I don't know if that is still true but that is what I have been doing.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top