fat man challenge

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: fat man challenge

Post by BirdWatcher on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:26 pm

Head Bronco wrote:My wife has determined that we are going to attempt the Spartan Trifecta.... I told her that at 41 this is probably my only kick at this can.

I did my first (and last) marathon at age 47. Did a few triathlons when I was in my early 50's. It's possible, and certainly not your only shot, you youngster..... Twisted Evil

Down 12 pounds after 3 weeks of LCHF (Low Carb High Fat).

I'm really digging the high octane coffee concoction for breakfast: coffee, heavy whipping cream, real butter, coconut oil... blended. Cuts the hunger pretty much all day. Meat, cheese & eggs for dinner, spoon full of (real) whipped cream if I have a sugar craving. Carbmaster yogurt from Kroger if I feel fruity.

Been trying to run but it's tough starting up again. Bought a new ellip for Mrs BW on Monday. craigslist, "never been used", ya right, still had protective plastic on it. Probably "fell off a truck" somewhere....

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:07 pm

11.5 miles with 30 obstacles isn't going to happen to much longer in my life.  Maybe not because I can't physically do it, but probably because I don't want to deal with the getting over it.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:34 am

I have absolutely sucked at this lately.  Only 272 after my run this morning.  Have determined to get back into the 260s before turkey day.  

Lifting still going decently.
Squat- 425x5
Bench- 365x5
Incline- 295x5
DL- 450x5
Front Squat- 330x5
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:15 am

been floating between 215-220 for several months now. same exercise routine for years (30 min of stationary bike, 5 times a week). decided to cut back on excess sugar intake last spring, but didn't get any results. so, i declared this "no sugar November" for me and cut out excess sugar entirely on 11/1. i have lost 7 pounds in 23 days. weighed in at 212 today.
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:26 pm

I've been so awful with my eating habits for nearly two months now...that I'm not going to admit how much I currently weigh Embarassed I actually do well over the holidays as I use the extra time off school and coaching being over to hit workouts hard, so I'll post a weight again on Jan 2nd.
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:03 pm

I have been horrific.

I could use a legit old fashsioned, everybody reports every week what they are and I get shamed if I don't do well competition.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:26 pm

I'm down 17 lbs in two months.

Lots of water, unlimited veggies (mostly raw), serious portion control.

Limiting dairy and fruit.

No bread or peanut butter (the biggest sacrifice of all).
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:58 pm

270 this morning after my run. Not good, but acceptable.

Biggest news is I have again quit chewing. Last dip was Thanksgiving night. Was planning on quitting, but got sick on Thanksgiving night and just didn't do it on Friday and Saturday. Weight spiked after Thanksgiving and due to no chewing, but has come back down the past couple days.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:43 am

cutting out sugar seems to have done the trick for me again. down to 211 today. was 219 at the start of November.
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:34 pm

270 this morning after my run.  273 before.  Still no chewing.  Two weeks now.

Hope to dip below 270 Saturday morning.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:41 pm

Back on the wagon!

I have been the poster child for not eating right and it sure shows.

In the past few years I have been as high as 235 after the holidays and such.

Like some of you, I know soda intake is not good, but I have always been a Diet Coke or DDP guy. 6 a day is not uncommon. SO about 3 days ago, I had my last one. Gonna see how that affects me.

Right now I am about 220. I really need to get down below 200. My body and joints will thank me.

Gonna try and be a regular on this Diet Thread. (Lots of the football talk is suspect at times)

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:39 pm

When I started my diet in early Oct., my goal was to lose 23 lbs. Hit my goal last week.

Before the diet, I would pop one or two Tums a night before bed to ward off acid reflux. Sometimes would wake up in the middle of the night needing to pop another. Haven't needed one of those in 8 weeks. Mrs. RM says I snore less or not at all.

Stretch goal is 5 more lbs. Once I get there, I want to maintain between 165 and 169. My plan is that if I go back up to 170, I have to get back on the diet and slim down to 165 before I can continue in maintain mode.

I'm open to any suggestions about how to best maintain. Just thinking I will continue to eat smart, avoid empty calories, drink lots of water, and watch my portion control.

We'll see how that works.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:47 pm

ramblinman wrote:When I started my diet in early Oct., my goal was to lose 23 lbs.  Hit my goal last week.  

Before the diet, I would pop one or two Tums a night before bed to ward off acid reflux.  Sometimes would wake up in the middle of the night needing to pop another.  Haven't needed one of those in 8 weeks.  Mrs. RM says I snore less or not at all.

Stretch goal is 5 more lbs.  Once I get there, I want to maintain between 165 and 169.  My plan is that if I go back up to 170, I have to get back on the diet and slim down to 165 before I can continue in maintain mode.

I'm open to any suggestions about how to best maintain.  Just thinking I will continue to eat  smart, avoid empty calories, drink lots of water, and watch my portion control.  

We'll see how that works.
Congratulations.  Good job.

It was probably all that exercise of getting to all those road playoff games.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:06 am

ramblinman wrote:I'm open to any suggestions about how to best maintain.  Just thinking I will continue to eat  smart, avoid empty calories, drink lots of water, and watch my portion control.  

Go with what got you there. You're past the hard part. Your habits are semi-fixed after 10 weeks.

Good job!

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:00 am

general maximus wrote:Like some of you, I know soda intake is not good, but I have always been a Diet Coke or DDP guy.  6 a day is not uncommon.  SO about 3 days ago, I had my last one.  Gonna see how that affects me.  

How is this going? I have similar caffeine habits and I'm worried about going cold turkey like this.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:05 am

I am at an all time high for weight maybe its time to join the fun. The 2 to 3 Liters of Dr Pepper each day surely isnt helping matters.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:45 am

All Time high of 340 Yesterday quitting Dr. Pepper Cold Turkey today
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:45 am

Bighitter11 wrote:All Time high of 340 Yesterday quitting Dr. Pepper Cold Turkey today
If you drink 3 of those a day, that's 1350 calories a day in pop.  I only eat 2570 a day total.  I think that alone will have a huge impact on your weight loss efforts.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:01 am

OldTitan wrote:
general maximus wrote:Like some of you, I know soda intake is not good, but I have always been a Diet Coke or DDP guy.  6 a day is not uncommon.  SO about 3 days ago, I had my last one.  Gonna see how that affects me.  

How is this going? I have similar caffeine habits and I'm worried about going cold turkey like this.

Bighitter11 wrote:All Time high of 340 Yesterday quitting Dr. Pepper Cold Turkey today

I am a big Pop drinker. Fountain Coke every morning, sometimes one at night. I mix in about 60 oz. of water throughout the day to try to help manage it, but its an addiction. One thing that has worked for me in the past, and I actually did this today before seeing Turks, is to do a sweet tea half-n-half. I still get my fountain drink, but I do 16 oz. of sweet tea, and 16 oz. of unsweetened. It gives you about 180-200 calories due to the sweet tea portion, you still get caffeine kick, but it's less sugar/calories than my Coke. Enough sweetness to satisfy, usually. Might be something you both could try, to reduce sugar, but still get your caffeine.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:03 am

Head Idiot wrote:
If you drink 3 of those a day, that's 1350 calories a day in pop.  I only eat 2570 a day total.  I think that alone will have a huge impact on your weight loss efforts.

The good news is I have had success cutting pop out and dropping weight before. In spring of 2014 I went from 320 down to 270 very quickly Cutting out pop and changing eating habbits. The hardest part is staying on course for me.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:07 am

Bighitter11 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

The good news is I have had success cutting pop out and dropping weight before.  In spring of 2014 I went from 320 down to 270  very quickly Cutting out pop and changing eating habbits.  The hardest part is staying on course for me.

Just stay away from social drinkers like Larry Culpepper.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:07 am

Diet Dr. Pepper is probably the 2nd best diet pop there is.  The 10 calorie stuff (if they still make it) is good too.

I drink too much Diet Mt Dew, but it keeps me sane.  Well, sort of.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:09 am

I was up to 9 cans of DDP a day at one point in my life with an occasional 20 oz bottle mixed in there too. I don't want to totally cut soda out simply because I like the taste, but I am down to having just 1-2 cans a week now.
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:42 am

Almost 40 oz of Water in so far today need some flavor in my life. Friday or Saturday will be the tough day almost always get a headache when I just stop after a day or two.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:45 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Almost 40 oz of Water in so far today need some flavor in my life.

Crystal Lite...

I've essentially given up all soda since retiring. Not a conscious choice.... there are just no soda machines in my daily life anymore. And I don't go to the store that often.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top